Music Suggestions for Exhibitors at Show

2 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

Sex Pistols - Pretty Vacant.

Robert Palmer - Clues.

Cocker/Russell - Girl from the North Country or Dylan/Cash - Same.

Man, I'd LOVE to hear some Pistols at a hi-fi show.

• Like 1

Janet Seidel - Don't Smoke In Bed

Suzanne Vega ‎– Retrospective

Tori Amos – Boys For Pele

Echo and The Bunnymen - Ocean Rain

Those are the albums, choose ya' track.

Edited by muon*
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

Didn't we just have a thread full of tracks people like to listen to in order to audition a system?

Yep.  You’ll notice my selection is different in both threads because I don’t audition at shows.  It’s fairly pointless.  

• Administrator

I've removed the non-productive or constructive posts from this thread. It's getting very tiring. 

4 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Didn’t we have a Tidal playlist a few years back?

Yep and it was fantastic, until some knob decided to remove all the community added tracks and fill it with Gangster Rap instead. I've since deleted it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Volunteer
4 minutes ago, Marc said:

I've removed the non-productive or constructive posts from this thread. It's getting very tiring. 

Yep and it was fantastic, until some knob decided to remove all the community added tracks and fill it with Gangster Rap instead. I've since deleted it.

There's this one which was started using tracks used in reviews, plus a few extras... https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/2c4b9a95-21d0-4da1-ac2a-ddd73d55f99d

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer
1 hour ago, Marc said:

I had imported it to Qobuz before I left Tidal

Not sure if this will work as I've never shared a playlist from Qobuz but here you go (also not sure if all the tracks came across)

https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/5996465

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

I had imported it to Qobuz before I left Tidal

Not sure if this will work as I've never shared a playlist from Qobuz but here you go (also not sure if all the tracks came across)

https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/5996465

What was the music you used for the 3SB’s intro? Shirley that should be mandatory listening...

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Some royalty free thing we found online - nothing but the best for us

Shame about that, the little sax blats were so there, it was the highlight of the show along with the odd tinkle of almost empty glassware, somewhat reminiscent of jazz at the pawnshop.

13 hours ago, Marc said:

Sigh...that was a good list...there's always one around to do just that... 🤦‍♂️

Since we seem to be censored on the crap we don't want to hear.   Lets be positive and list what I want to hear at the show.

Nine Inch Nails - Piggy - any system that can keep up with the percussion gets a :thumb:

KD Lang - If I were You - the bass line on this is wicked, sounds bloated and ill controlled if not played well

Rufus Du Sol - Brighter - top to bottom coherence is the key as this is a BIG sounding track.

Smashing Pumpkins - Zero - this distortion from the guitar makes most systems sound broken - but as we that go to live concerts know, being able to control distortion puts everything at a distinct advantage.

Dire Straits - News - Pick Withers drumming on this is world class and should not sound muffled or indistinct

LeftField - Open Up - Johhnny Lydon singing techno - what could go wrong 😄  this will sort out any system that cannot do bass .

Prince - The Truth - this should sound just about the best you have ever heard anything. Just Prince and his guitar

Midnight Oil - Armistice Day - Peter out in front with Moginie's keyboards create a vast depth that no light jazz  has any hope recreating

Grant Green - Nigeria - jazz guitar at its best

many more, but that may become boring

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 5

Nine Inch Nails ‎– The Downward Spiral - the best rock recording of all time?   YES.  never been as loud as it was tonight 😍  the recording is so good it literally has no distortion but max dynamics .  Test one's system or break it - Yes.

7KGdduH.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

• Administrator
13 hours ago, metal beat said:

Since we seem to be censored on the crap we don't want to hear.   Lets be positive and list what I want to hear at the show.

Great, now you're getting it :) - guess that means you're finally coming to the show too! :)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Marc said:

I am told exhibitors ARE watching this thread. Any further contributions/suggestions?

You know we need this.image.png.6f2659ac33441ebf1c6769b592e8e441.png

D.K is de rigueur of course.

https://i.discogs.com/-IGsttbqlBrxy0srjGKU-IrGT5Ba8NPuSQkRUqhtr68/rs:fit/g:sm/q:90/h:600/w:600/czM6Ly9kaXNjb2dz/LWRhdGFiYXNlLWlt/YWdlcy9SLTIwMjE2/NTEtMTM0MTI2NDMz/OC0yOTU2LmpwZWc.jpeg

But slightly left field from the obvious showstoppers above that it has to be said, truly reveal the elements in a good system that brings out from the punters that lovely descriptive that every salesman likes to hear..."the music... OMG, it's very resolving isn't it in this system or is the system actually resolving?"

These old favourites do this but we need to move on occasionally.

So after the obvious match winners... lets try this in each and every room at this years Show.

https://www.allthingsloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Artwork.jpg

If the punters back out of your room in droves after you put this on(Amsterdam is the obvious first go to track) then your doing something wrong and you can't blame the room.

You know it makes sense.

I am told exhibitors ARE watching this thread.

Yes, yes they are and they're all madly scrambling to grab some good  copies of the above classics.

I can assist if the rarer album at the top proves a sticking point in proper presentations and sales are hanging by a thread on the presentation of she who was obeyed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2022 at 10:16 PM, metal beat said:

Nine Inch Nails ‎– The Downward Spiral - the best rock recording of all time?   YES.  never been as loud as it was tonight 😍  the recording is so good it literally has no distortion but max dynamics .  Test one's system or break it - Yes.

7KGdduH.jpg

Such a great album. When Ruiner drops into that distorted Pink Floyd section then drops back in with the industrial drums… stellar. On my big JBLs you can feel the air move in front of your face.

Something that will sort out the systems that can image well AND play bass properly at the same time is this:

And if you want to just physically assault the audience with impeccably produced, visceral electronic music, you really can’t go past this:

• Like 3