My System Today

45 minutes ago, SPR08Y said:

Glass of scotch, comfy slippers and a friend in front of, Bill Evans’, Waltz for Debby, on a chilly wet night...

99D70437-6DBD-41D3-90DE-DF12DF12B923.thumb.jpeg.80cdc0f2b488a36fa5732f0286f0f972.jpeg

Very nice! 

My dog joins me for our music PMs also. Doesn’t like it overly loud and no male talking voices. 

• Like 1

On 31/08/2019 at 10:08 AM, awayward said:

My system looking rather small and docile, nothing to indicate that Tool’s Fear Inoculum is playing at 90db.

B028024A-7596-4A5F-BA42-758FA15CDAF0.jpeg

Looks brilliant.   Me thinks abit of OCD in that set up design.?. NTTAWWT!

Regards Cazzesman

On 12/09/2019 at 11:00 AM, Muon N' said:

I ended up at a dead end finding the faults in my CD-65 after a series of mods, the CDM2 was showing signs of some failures previous to any mods, and may just have been a coincidence.....or I killed it some how *shrug*

So snagged a nice example of a CD-60 Special Edition and at least have music again, in stock form the 60 is better sounding than the 65 in stock form. I'll be getting a better controlled soldering iron before I play with this one, and will take things a lot more slowly.

20190912_101041.jpg.aa9f5783e09e2125496e8af000292d57.jpg

Grab yourself a Hakko FX-888D soldering station, under $200 great piece of kit, I just upgraded a 40 year old weller iron to one.

4 minutes ago, Batty said:

Grab yourself a Hakko FX-888D soldering station, under $200 great piece of kit, I just upgraded a 40 year old weller iron to one.

Thanks, for the tip, Batty.

I have to save for one, but in order to have one any time soonish it will need to be a cheaper one.

The system was sounding superb - with the room measured and SVS SB1000 subs set up properly - by people much smarter than me - it was a a bit of a revelation. 

Then a tweeter goes - who knows why - so the B&W 805 went off for repair - ouch! 

I set up my old Proac 1s - they are a delight and with a lot of the music I listen to give up very little to the 805s, especially in their spooky imaging ability. I could happily live with them. And they cost me less than half the price of a single new godd@m  B&W tweeter. 

A5719CBD-13CC-46D5-A960-D623B2C44AC4.thumb.jpeg.fa308799c00858bea464325fa1b37400.jpeg

Edited by buddyev
  • Like 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, buddyev said:

The system was sounding superb - with the room measured and SVS SB1000 subs set up properly - by people much smarter than me - it was a a bit of a revelation. 

Then a tweeter goes - who knows why - so the B&W 805 went off for repair - ouch! 

I set up my old Proac 1s - they are a delight and with a lot of the music I listen to give up very little to the 805s, especially in their spooky imaging ability. I could happily live with them. And they cost me less than half the price of a single new godd@m  B&W tweeter. 

A5719CBD-13CC-46D5-A960-D623B2C44AC4.thumb.jpeg.fa308799c00858bea464325fa1b37400.jpeg

You know Russ...it's the pot plants.....that give the spooky imaging......

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

Bunnings pot plants work just as well...

Problem with Bunnings is that their plants haven’t been burnt in by extensive exposure to a range of quality music. You could end up buying something that has only ever been doused in John Farnham or Dead Can Dance - how would you know till you got it home? For peace of mind I always demand proper certification when I buy audioplants. 

You can of course do this yourself  as long as they are sonically virginal - but they won’t reach their optimum for months.. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buddyev said:

Problem with Bunnings is that their plants haven’t been burnt in by extensive exposure to a range of quality music. You could end up buying something that has only ever been doused in John Farnham or Dead Can Dance - how would you know till you got it home? For peace of mind I always demand proper certification when I buy audioplants. 

You can of course do this yourself  as long as they are sonically virginal - but they won’t reach their optimum for months.. 

Bollocks mate... there’s no difference in using a Bunnings plant, high end hand crafted Japanese bonsai or a weed you dug up from the garden...

10 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

Bollocks mate... there’s no difference in using a Bunnings plant, high end hand crafted Japanese bonsai or a weed you dug up from the garden...

Weed from the garden has been known to enhance the musical experience.

11 minutes ago, buddyev said:

You have to trust your ears.

Nope. 

The only acceptable solution is a plant double blind test and extensive leaf density testing.

Many things can be measured on a plant and you just cannot trust your eyes or ears.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rantan said:

Nope. 

The only acceptable solution is a plant double blind test and extensive leaf density testing.

Many things can be measured on a plant and you just cannot trust your eyes or ears.

That leaves me out. I only have a single blind in my listening room. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, rantan said:

Nope. 

I’m lucky enough to have access to a wide range of plants for sonic experimentation. My partner loves pot plants but they don’t love her, so there is a stream of sick or dying pots through my study - they have nothing to lose - dig my music or die.  it’s a kind of botanical last chance saloon before the compost bin.

• Haha 1

To Top