My System Today

1 hour ago, mwhouston said:

Nicely restrained speaker selection. That room would support so much more, but why? 

I would love a set of the bigger Audio Physic speakers. If you wouldn’t mind popping over and having a word with the missus and bank manager would be greatly appreciated. ??

I really love the speakers, best I’ve had and I think they are a great compromise between size, looks and sound quality, I highly recommend them. ?

• Like 2

Saturday I spent upon the honest endeavour of implementing the Behringer DEQ2496 into my system (shown here previously) in order to reduce system modes and equalise the speaker output for my room.

I should mention here that although my Behringer (recommended) ECM8000 microphone arrived last week, the required microphone cable from another supplier arrived on Friday (actually collected it from the P.O.)

DEQ.thumb.jpg.91736dc620642b2c5a07f697763bf76b.jpg

Darn, these toys need a lot of setup.

Now playing and sounds a lot smoother and more open. Also had to adjust the max gain down, to avoid clipping (as displayed on the left front DEQ2496 digital display levels and on the meter).

meters.thumb.jpg.36ba67f1ee6e945ea9c28e322966c866.jpg

There are 3 variations on the digital meter (in addition to the bar display on the left).

On the left of the display, you can choose the source of information you want to display, from the options of Input, Output and Digital output (DIGOUT shown below).

If the display on the right, under PEAK, displays CLIP, you're going to be required to adjust the maximum gain or offset... OR blow yr speakers.

I'm still quite a noob, but getting there slowly

meter.thumb.jpg.92a195cad043034623a594fafcfc5030.jpg

Equipment has not changed for at least a couple of months. The most recent ingress (prior to the Behringer) was the Teac VRDS-10 (CD player/Transport) from an SNA member and this beauty (from another local SNA groover, but via an alternate shop).

The DEQ2496 is playing mother DAC to the Transport device, and doing a good job in conjunction with the DEQ function.

Edited by Uncle Seth
additions, corrections, updates etc.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Pops110 said:

I would love a set of the bigger Audio Physic speakers. If you wouldn’t mind popping over and having a word with the missus and bank manager would be greatly appreciated. ??

I really love the speakers, best I’ve had and I think they are a great compromise between size, looks and sound quality, I highly recommend them. ?

Speakers make and model? Practice restrain and avoid the pain! 

14 hours ago, caminperth said:

Still playing with placement and waiting for the valves to bed in.. these things are very temperamental with toe-in/out as well..

Though I feel its getting close.

Are your speakers Zu Definition Cam? 

22 hours ago, Gryffles said:

Are your speakers Zu Definition Cam? 

Nah - Omen Def’s. Not the flagship. I did spring for the radian tweeter upgrade, though didn’t hear the standard. 

16 hours ago, Hydrology said:

Glad to see you Photoshopped the dodgy Irish guy out of the left corner of that pic mate!

? - first thing I did! Thanks for the enjoyable chat.

• Like 1

REL T1 from Sootshe arrived yesterday. Already installed.

Update photo (with some context) only.

Gecko rack to the right; Richter Emperor (Home Theatre) and JC1 to the left; New (to me) T1 subwufer in prime position. Obligatory foot inclusion.

1676841123_T1andchoppedpic.jpg.fffe0c6478f6c95a4c45a245e524a3d3.jpg

Edited by Uncle Seth
wrong photo OMG
  • Like 3

Tell you what, these little @SGR Audio 4 way speakers are simply amazing!

Massive sound,  pin point imaging, huge soundstage.
Currently listening to Annie Lennox - Everybody Hurts.

Im blown away by what I’m experiencing right now from such a small, one box solution (active) speaker.

FB96C5BF-B09D-465F-B50A-55E86F619F85.jpeg

Edited by Yamaha_man
  • Like 12