My System Today

12 hours ago, misternavi said:

This will get me banned from this forum.

12 hours ago, misternavi said:

who needs thousands of dollars of audio gear?

Sacrilege...consider yourself banned...:)

Good morning Folks.  I think this is my first post here, and after perusing the last few pages I was almost unwilling.  There are some beautiful systems/setups (and photo's) that you guys are running.

I am far from the high end gear, not really medium level either.  Most of my gear is from Op Shops or given away free.  It suits my lifestyle and I love the sounds I hear.

I have a great appreciation for high end gear, some of the Turntable and Speakers are sculptures and I respect the engineering and development of equipment.  I also have a similar interest in Formula One Racing.  Cutting edge technology.

But those interests are beyond my means.  For me it's about the music and collecting Albums/Cd's/Music.  Something I have done since my teens, but let fade for a few years.  I love my system especially the Optonica Amp and Technics Speakers (I have another pair which I have stripped for cabinet re-builds).

The 'Cosmic Rig' as I like to call it, after a full day cleaning yesterday it's ready for a few pics.  I like it dark and minimal when I listen.  I have lived in this shed for almost ten years now.  I have no intention of going anywhere and Blu and I are very comfy.

929782354_Technics-Harman-Logan.JPG.af44bddb977f16c55ee7b7670c2efdc1.JPG

Top; horizontal - Sony Carbocon Speaker System 80w.   Sitting on - Technics SB-2755 200w.  I run the Technics with the Harman/Logan H30 Bass Reflex System (floor speakers next to the TV), from the AMI Jorgen SR-2000P amp.  At the moment the Turntable and TV are running through it.  The Sony's first mentioned are running with two LG SH95TA-S rear floor speakers (for now), from the Technics SU-72000 amp, (it's the least used set up).  The front speakers on the floor are Teledyne Acoustic Research TSW110, running with the two Optonica CP-5100X 3 way 40w, from the Optonica SM-5100 amp, (under the TV).  I find my Metal and Rock CD's sound pretty good with this set up, clean and punchy.  But Electronic CD's still go through the Jorgen/Technics set up fro ooooomph.

Firstly, I run three amps (not together), each having two sets of speakers.  I move the bottom ones on to stands for listening, but down for the Technics behind.

Secondly, are there any issues with laying speakers on their side??? 

2087290980_cosmicrig.JPG.30fff29611dd35aa3dded0a4b8a97c87.JPG

Minimal.JPG.be8b1afc9a8eed84b7e7ca30b04fe60b.JPG

A book shelf in the centre and four racks of CD's on each side.  Minimal and dust free.

Daylight.JPG.0a10ed422d8d8c6e9438bfeae2d7b63f.JPG

With the roller doors up, but shade clothed to keep the bugs out.

The obligatory feet and dog...

1493190625_FeetandBlu.JPG.388a291eff9964af215a9057d469bf63.JPG

1394676853_JorgenSR-2000P-TechnicsSU-7200-RotelRP-5300.JPG.a10baddda3b340406378113258ffeb93.JPG

The AMI Jorgen on top, the Technics underneath.  For now running the Rotel RP-5300 with OMB cart and Ortofon 10.

That's my modest set up this morning.  Very happy with the way things are running/sounding.  Enjoying playing around with different set ups.  Have given the first Rose Tattoo Album a tub and a spin, lovely.  Saving for a new Cart and Stylus for the Optonica Turntable (not pictured), which is automatic and a pleasure sometimes.  Liking the new Jorgen amp/receiver too.

Thanks Guys.

• Like 26

wow, what an orgy of sound from everyone . . . . soooo many different systems, different configurations and rooms.

I would love to charter a mini buss in each city and go around on a music tour, drop in and listen to all the fantastic creations, some cosmopolitan and some with some serious street cred !!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kroozzy said:

wow, what an orgy of sound from everyone . . . . soooo many different systems, different configurations and rooms.

I would love to charter a mini buss in each city and go around on a music tour, drop in and listen to all the fantastic creations, some cosmopolitan and some with some serious street cred !!

I’d love to join you on that bus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jt301 said:

I’d love to join you on that bus.

which city shall we go to first . . . . . ooops, "light bulb moment" . . . . we could see which city has the most insane systems overall  !!

• Like 1

Guest CCallil
17 hours ago, Mendes said:

This may look familiar to some, my little darling is a bit shy though.....

10642780-6B8F-4A7A-8FF9-DDBEC9195DAD.jpeg

Interesting system, mind letting us know what equipment your using? 
Especially those speakers, they look beautiful. 
Regards

22 hours ago, kroozzy said:

which city shall we go to first . . . . . ooops, "light bulb moment" . . . . we could see which city has the most insane systems overall  !!

That’s probably not Geelong. ?

• Haha 1

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, Mendes said:

This may look familiar to some, my little darling is a bit shy though.....

10642780-6B8F-4A7A-8FF9-DDBEC9195DAD.jpeg

I'm not usually a cat person, but that is one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen! (oh lovely system too!)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/05/2018 at 12:39 PM, BATMAQN said:

PFFFT!!! That's nothing I had an ingrown toe nail the other day that nearly killed me.

???

Playing Dark Side of The Moon?

Or Walking On The Moon.....

(sorry, had to!)

Heal fast! 

• 2 weeks later...

To Top