What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

4 minutes ago, Tony Cox said:

Agree 100% with the comments about Amazon and reasons to use local businesses where possible. (I've bought just one item from Amazon in the last 5 years, an out-of-print album that I couldn't find listed new anywhere else).

It so happens I was in Readings, Carlton, yesterday, and saw this book on their table about the far-reaching impact of Amazon in the US - hardly any of it beneficial. Looks a good read and I intend to get it after I've made further inroads into my growing pile!

https://www.readings.com.au/products/33860241/fulfillment-winning-and-losing-in-one-click-america

And to keep it on topic, this was the (very fine) album in question, which I was thrilled to finally see get a vinyl release (last year):

IMG_20211118_0838155 (002).jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bass13 said:

If you or someone in Melbourne has one, happy for them to flatten it for me, we can work out some sort of barter system.

I meant a centre clamp over the spindle, poor attempt at humor!

😒

I actually do have a Vinyl Flat record clamp, but still trying to sweet talk @tubularbells into loaning his Groovy pouch!

TBH lot of record shops will do it for not a lot, if you find one nearby would be easier! 😉

8 minutes ago, Bass13 said:

If you or someone in Melbourne has one, happy for them to flatten it for me, we can work out some sort of barter system.

I think Clive is talking about a puck which fits on the label area and clamps down onto the spindle, to flatten the LP.

IOW it doesn't remove the warp in the LP - merely flattens it temporarily, each time you play it.

Andy

Im happy to loan out the vinyl flat and heating pouch to trusted fine SNA folks for a week or two at a time as frankly it's too risky and time consuming for me to do so for members as id hate to over cook and ruin any of your precious albums so perhaps what i'll do is give it to @evil c in a few weeks and once he's sorted his warped records we can then look at loaning it to someone else as there bloody pricy for what it is and its only something i'll ever need occasionally so happy to help out others here wherever possible.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, tubularbells said:

Im happy to loan out the vinyl flat and heating pouch to trusted fine SNA folks for a week or two at a time as frankly it's too risky and time consuming for me to do so for members as id hate to over cook and ruin any of your precious albums so perhaps what i'll do is give it to @evil c in a few weeks and once he's sorted his warped records we can then look at loaning it to someone else as there bloody pricy for what it is and its only something i'll ever need occasionally so happy to help out others here wherever possible.

I already have the Vinyl Flat as l mentioned thanks, Doug and indeed it is often easier and safer to take it to a pro like a record shop.

I'll be trying out my first attempt with something sacrificable! 😉

Very generous offer BTW! :thumb:

Edited by evil c

On 19/11/2021 at 7:01 PM, evil c said:

I already have the Vinyl Flat as l mentioned thanks, Doug and indeed it is often easier and safer to take it to a pro like a record shop.

I'll be trying out my first attempt with something sacrificable! 😉

Very generous offer BTW! :thumb:

Give me a yell if you want some tips.

• Like 1

Two Heart albums just purchased via Discogs.

Debut album 'Dreamboat Annie' NM Canadian 1st pressing.

R-12574866-1537893897-1700.jpeg.jpg

'Little Queen' NM Japanese 1st pressing.

R-3914672-1473485167-3318.jpeg.jpg

Finally, Magic Man and Barracuda (and more Heart classics) pumping out of my system! ✊👌

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I’m looking forward to giving this set a play.

D971A403-2249-4E82-B57F-CAA67691331B.thumb.jpeg.d45b5e3a99deafba11715c4ecee69132.jpeg

Thanks to @ThirdDrawerDown for the deal and making super sure the set arrived safely in Queensland. Thanks to @RobbC for the recommendation. 

Japan is also getting postal items sent to Australia rejected and it took FedEx to finally get my new sleeves here. Now I can break out the RCM this weekend for a cleaning sesh. 

Edited by Steever
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Steever said:

I’m looking forward to giving this set a play.

D971A403-2249-4E82-B57F-CAA67691331B.thumb.jpeg.d45b5e3a99deafba11715c4ecee69132.jpeg

Thanks to @ThirdDrawerDown for the deal and making super sure the set arrived safely in Queensland. Thanks to @RobbC for the recommendation. 

Japan is also getting postal items sent to Australia rejected and it took FedEx to finally get my new sleeves here. Now I can break out the RCM this weekend for a cleaning sesh. 

Well done mate. As I said it is my favourite recording of Flute.
The cast is amazing.

If you are in Bris over Xmas mate I am coming around to listen 😬

Edited by RobbC