What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

On 21/12/21 at 8:13 PM, 2Brix said:

It goes OK and very happy to have it...for my music taste i'll say 3.5 stars out of 5

Side 1...2 stars mixed bag...very disappointed in SQ (flat, dry) of Strictly Business which is otherwise a good song...but very happy (4 stars) with Track 4 - Cold to Touch 

Side 2...3 stars...OK, but didn't really feel it.  Maybe needs a few repeat listens

Side 3.....4 to 5 stars...starts out with a couple of nice reflective tracks, and really pumps at Elevator Up (think sicc Disclosure / Fire Starts to Burn vibe)

Side 4....4 stars...House of Holy (think Daft Punk meets Malcolm MacLaren) and Beat Supreme, then winds down nicely for the last 2 tracks closing out the album

Both discs flat and look pretty good pressings but have some occasional surface noise .

Reasonable value at just under $70 for the 2LP.

Cheers

2B

Good review mate, aligns pretty well with what I thought. 👍

• Like 1

Just purchased via Discogs, Kate Bush "Lionheart" NM Dutch 1st pressing. Loving my other 2 Kate Bush LP's that arrived recently (one a replacement for a hazed original)......and I have decided that I need more Kate! Superb artist/performer/songwriter and her albums are beautifully recorded and produced. 

R-5146095-1389122349-4734.jpeg.jpg

• Like 5

Grabbed a few over the last week. 

Jimmy Rogers All Stars - Blues Blues Blues   wanted this one for ages

Transvision Vamp - Velveteen  One of my favourites in the late 80's/early 90's and was in clearance bin for $9.95. In surprisingly  excellent condition

Temple of the Dog - another one I've had on the wantlist

Strangers - Mirrorland  Aussie Rock band that unfortunately no longer exist. Saw them live as a support act and they were great. This album then came out and they broke up not long after.  IMO, it's one fo the best Aussie rock albums of the last 5 years. Reduced to a ridiculously cheap price at JB

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

• Like 6

On 01/01/2022 at 4:54 PM, NoCoder said:

Transvision Vamp - Velveteen  One of my favourites in the late 80's/early 90's and was in clearance bin for $9.95. In surprisingly  excellent condition

IMG_1945.JPG

ahhh..... Wendy James 

• Love 2

Ordered the other day, should be here by 14 Jan allegedly; just need to pop into Jaycar for a step-down transformer... :)

Would have like to have purchased an Orb vinyl flattener but, cannot justify the $3K price tag for a relatively modest record collection...

Vinyl Flat & Groovy Pouch... thanks to @tubularbells for info pertaining to his experience with a vinyl flat, helped with making the final decision...46ca3f_3dfc51d17f3b471eade110a3b8779ff2_mv2.jpg.beb2e09aba5776f0344462c5c261083d.jpg

• Like 3

On 01/01/2022 at 5:54 PM, NoCoder said:

Temple of the Dog - another one I've had on the wantlist

Strangers - Mirrorland  Aussie Rock band that unfortunately no longer exist. Saw them live as a support act and they were great. This album then came out and they broke up not long after.  IMO, it's one fo the best Aussie rock albums of the last 5 years. Reduced to a ridiculously cheap price at JB

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

Always enjoyed Transvisuon Vamp, seeing you find it made me want it. So I checked my records and there it was, a pleasant surprise. Need to start listening. 

Edited by SGS
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, FNQ Outcast said:

Ordered the other day, should be here by 14 Jan allegedly; just need to pop into Jaycar for a step-down transformer... :)

Would have like to have purchased an Orb vinyl flattener but, cannot justify the $3K price tag for a relatively modest record collection...

Vinyl Flat & Groovy Pouch... thanks to @tubularbells for info pertaining to his experience with a vinyl flat, helped with making the final decision...46ca3f_3dfc51d17f3b471eade110a3b8779ff2_mv2.jpg.beb2e09aba5776f0344462c5c261083d.jpg

Hey, that looks interesting. First I've seen it.

Previously I've sandwiched the record between two panes of glass, left it in the sun on a hot day for about 20-30 minutes (turning once and making sure none of it is in shadow) and then let it cool down slowly indoors before separating the glass. It's always worked for me, but it's fiddly and dependent on it being a hot enough day.

Think I may treat myself to this package - if I'm good. 🤔

Edited by Tony Cox
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SGS said:

Always enjoyed Transvisuon Vamp, seeing you find it made me want it. So I checked my records and there it was, a pleasant surprise. Need to start listening. 

Yes, I was a huge fan of theirs. One of the few that actually loved their last album, Little Magnets vs the Bubble of Babble. Have it on cassette, but not on vinyl yet. 

22 hours ago, NoCoder said:

Yes, I was a huge fan of theirs. One of the few that actually loved their last album, Little Magnets vs the Bubble of Babble. Have it on cassette, but not on vinyl yet. 

Have that on CD. While back I was looking for Velveteen came to the conclusion my ex took it on CD. Never thought to check my records. 

• Like 1

Just purchased via Discogs, Jethro Tull's "Minstrel In The Gallery" NM German 1st pressing.

R-1089060-1556362802-7028.jpeg.jpg

Plus 2 more from one of my favourite sellers (https://www.discogs.com/user/DefTiga).

JJ Cale "Special Edition" compilation, NM German 1st pressing.

R-3690650-1622048592-9886.jpeg.jpg

Roxy Music "Greatest Hits" NM German 1st pressing.

R-5389775-1636570983-8139.jpeg.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 3

Got an urge.....and splurged.

Baby Animals "Baby Animals" NM German 1st pressing.....becoming harder to get and inflating so I had to take the plunge (plus the Scotch is working😆).

R-2181677-1505820495-3649.jpeg.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 5
  • Love 1