2 minutes ago, bones28643 said:

Series 2 of the excellent French series THE CRIMSON RIVERS  starts on SBS free to air next Tuesday night.

ive been watching it via their catchup whcih is a bit strange as their series 2 has a few series one episodes there ... i might set the fta version to record .... so thanks for the headsup

• 3 weeks later...

spent last few week bingeing through firstly Fauda and then Caliphate on netflix... quite a segway... but wow they were amazing series ! 

but anyways back onto the crime drama - nordic noir train....

Not sure why i have missed The Fall. with Gillian Anderson... she does an amazing performance in this. as a senior investigating officer from the met, working in Belfast northern ireland on hunting down a serial killer. excellent acting. i am amazed how well gillian does an english accent. apparently she has been living in london the last 20 years ! (post Xfiles ?) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, betty boop said:

Not sure why i have missed The Fall. with Gillian Anderson... she does an amazing performance in this. as a senior investigating officer from the met, working in Belfast northern ireland on hunting down a serial killer. excellent acting. i am amazed how well gillian does an english accent. apparently she has been living in london the last 20 years ! (post Xfiles ?) 

Yes, she does a great 'Counties' (Pommie) accent in "Sex Education".  :)

Andy

Agree above, Furia is quite a good watch.

The Lawyer is also on SBS on demand and quite good also.

Not Nordic nor Noir, but Red Election is also quite interesting, it’s based on MI5 and some international election interference and general terrorism.

Lastly, Bordertown on Netflix is a slow burner but quite good. About a Finnish Detective with very interesting techniques to solve crimes using “mind rooms” to store info, almost Sherlock Holmes like, but flawed in other areas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nine T. said:

Not Nordic nor Noir, but Red Election is also quite interesting, it’s based on MI5 and some international election interference and general terrorism.

Yes - love Red Election!  :thumb:  Full of twists and turns.

Andy

• Like 3

On 20/12/2021 at 4:14 PM, betty boop said:

She actually spent some years as a child/teenager living in the UK. She and her family lived in Crouch End which is, I believe, a fairly well to do part of London. She can switch from her natural English accent to her natural American one at the drop of the proverbial hat.

• Thanks 1

On 21/12/21 at 5:26 PM, JukKluk2 said:

She actually spent some years as a child/teenager living in the UK. She and her family lived in Crouch End which is, I believe, a fairly well to do part of London. She can switch from her natural English accent to her natural American one at the drop of the proverbial hat.

she pulls off the accent amazingly well ! Onto final series of the fall. This is really good ! wife is hooked too…

Whee as t is all the more amazing is the story is infact based on a true story/character Russell willians who was killer and the queens trusted pilot :D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/1882177/russell-williams-netflix-the-fall-real/amp/

• 2 weeks later...

12 hours ago, betty boop said:

where can we find this ?

SBS 

really a good show

much better than the British remake

Scroll down to Life Of Crime and then across

Skip first Before We Die(British) and onto the second title

Edited by keyse1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keyse1 said:

SBS 

really a good show

much better than the British remake

Scroll down to Life Of Crime and then across

Skip first Before We Die(British) and onto the second title

wil do ...

in crime drama shows am onto scott and bailey on britbox ... 3 series i think... quite light hearted, some dark cases but lightened with their sense of humour and manchester laughs :D a lot of interesting characters and most episodes are individual stories with things going on in characters lives...

will come back to the nordic noir soon enough ....

• Like 2

The Promise

SBS on Demand

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/the-promise

< An 11-year-old girl vanishes on Boxing Day 1999 in the Landes region in south-west France. Police captain Pierre Castaing (Olivier Marchal) heads the search for missing Charlotte Meyer, but his inability to find the girl makes him an outcast in the local community and eventually destroys his family. 20 years later, his daughter picks up the investigation in order to clear his name. >

First two episodes very good so far

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ian McP said:

The Promise

SBS on Demand

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/the-promise

< An 11-year-old girl vanishes on Boxing Day 1999 in the Landes region in south-west France. Police captain Pierre Castaing (Olivier Marchal) heads the search for missing Charlotte Meyer, but his inability to find the girl makes him an outcast in the local community and eventually destroys his family. 20 years later, his daughter picks up the investigation in order to clear his name. >

First two episodes very good so far

Love the sounds of this. Thanks fir the heads up

• Like 1

getting onto the promise...

seems its by same team behind the french series "the spiral".. stopped reading the below.. that was enough for me to get watching !  ... :D

https://www.sbs.com.au/guide/article/2021/12/23/french-crime-series-promise-grapples-ghosts-past

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Sandham murders was quite enjoyable. Wife watched quite a few of the episodes as well. Its good in that there is indeed some stores that run through and yet individual cases...

set in the lovely archipelago and mostly in summer... with all the murders going on... it really reminded me of midsummer murders... with the tiny 100 person town its set in surrounded with islands...all quite ideal in surrounds and yet with awful goings on and cases to solve..

apparently  series 8 has been shot... but yet to air here via sbs ? will keep a look out...

so in mean time will check out some of the suggestions folks have posted to get back into the crime dramas / nordic noir.... :)

I have just finished the second season of the Swedish series SPRING TIDE on SBS on Demand.

Its very enjoyable.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5194410/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Also recently watched the Norwegian series WHITE WALL. You could call it Scandi noir science fiction. Very moody with an enigmatic ending. Also on SBS on Demand.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9648870/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

• Like 1

nordic watch list :D coming in 2022 .. not sure what on list can check out yet ..

https://nordicwatchlist.com/2021/12/22/nordic-tv-series-coming-in-2022/

this thread is about crime dramas overall though, not just Nordic noir, am wondering is there a bit of a lack of mention of Aussie efforts here ? Mistake on my part if the case … 

any folk watching any decent Aussie crime. Dramas of late ? Do share if the case … we mustn’t forget the top efforts produced in our own back yard …

1 hour ago, betty boop said:

any folk watching any decent Aussie crime. Dramas of late ? Do share if the case … we mustn’t forget the top efforts produced in our own back yard …

I watched "Deep Water" a few months ago.  (Can't remember whether it was on Netflix or SBS-OD.)  Only 4 episodes but I loved it!  :thumb:

There's also "Secret City" - political shenanigans in Canberra.  On ABC Iview, I think.

Andy

• Thanks 1