Currently Spinning

Alive in Chains - Jar of Flies/SAP Music On Vinyl 3 sided release.

Very nice package, and well pressed, but suspect this is just the digital files as the SQ nothing to write home about.

Still - lovely to have it on wax from one of my fave bands of the period and this is their best downtempo stuff.

alicejarfliesspinrecordMOV.jpg

• Like 2

Besnard  Lakes - Until in Excess Imperceptible UFO

Loved their last two albums the Roaring Night and Dark Horse, however this one is much harder to get into.  I am finally getting into it, but its a bit too dense, a bit too Beach Boys Surf's up.  A few more listens it may click in my mind, but this is average atm.

besnardlakes.jpg

Edited by metal beat

1276862438_craig-erickson-project-shine-

Tasty cameo vocals from the brilliant Rob Lamothe (Riverdogs) and Glenn Hughes (Everyone plus himself)

Very, Very under-rated Blues/Rock driven CD.  Craig's finest I think.  He went abit cosmic and 'save the planet' for me after this early one. 

My wife just came in and said..."I love David Coverdale".  I said "So do I, but this is Rob Lamothe singing".  Doh!.   I love my wife regardless, just like she loves David  :love

Regards Cazzesman

Didn't know she had a new album!

'Gentler' ?

I've only played it three or four times but that's how it's striking me so far. It's a not big change in sound.  She still plays some nice guitar and harmonica and rocks plenty. It just seems a bit more cruisy and content. Not in a bad way.

I can't believe even though Would was excellent and the video was of the coolest looking band in the world with Freddie Kruger on the mic, I never actually bought the album along with all my other grunge back in the early 90s..

post-105052-0-84915400-1408601451_thumb.

This arvo I was going to go For Atoms for Peace but never really grabbed me, so I went with this instead..

post-105052-0-52573600-1408601457_thumb.

• Like 2

Besnard  Lakes - Until in Excess Imperceptible UFO

Loved their last two albums the Roaring Night and Dark Horse, however this one is much harder to get into.  I am finally getting into it, but its a bit too dense, a bit too Beach Boys Surf's up.  A few more listens it may click in my mind, but this is average atm.

I listened to it again last weekend. You're right about the first two albums, mate. Excellent stuff. I first heard Besnard Lakes are the Roaring Night in a cafe one Sunday morning. I bought the LP that arvo and saw them live the following Thursday. The husband and wife vocals were brilliant live.

Edited by ferchersan
  • Like 1

Dylan - Freewheeling  - What an album!!   :love  must have been amazing being old enough in the 60's when a new Dylan/Stones/Beatles album was released and buying them. :thumb:

From the brilliant Mono box lp box set.   ANALOG rules

freewheelin.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 6

Dylan - Freewheeling  - What a album!!   :love  must have been amazing being old enough in the 60's when a new Dylan/Stones/Beatles album was released and buying them. :thumb:

From the brilliant Mono box lp box set.   ANALOG rules

T'was once my favourite Dylan album, but I enjoy John Wesley Harding a little more these days. I might give my mono box Freewheelin' lp a spin tomorrow, when I have a day off.

• Like 3

rupert_hine-the_wildest_wish_to_fly.jpg

A bonus on this great album is listening to an undiscovered Robert Palmer doing vocals

Edit: Oh! and also the title track is just so good :)

Edited by Luc
  • Like 1