My System Today

5 minutes ago, joz said:

Yep playing my hard rubbish find , giving them some juice now. So amazed what these guys are capable off. Definitely no Illuminators and not great lookers in today's market but jeez they can sing.IMG_2700.JPG

Did you work out what they are? I thought they might be Peterson Labs Aerodorama from the 80's?

36 minutes ago, gat474 said:

Did you work out what they are? I thought they might be Peterson Labs Aerodorama from the 80's?

Yes @Ian McP had found out that they were a DIY group  project by someone who had designed them to be value giant killer of sorts back in the day.

very detailed with a great sound stage,perhaps a tiny bit toppy for me but excellent nonetheless .

Oh and good ol chipboard cabinetry, but what ever they've done whether it's double llining or bracing they are built uber solid.

With a bit of juice they get going, they are a sealed 4 way.

They sounded sweet with a vintage Marantz PM 200 but anything above average levels went into clipping.

But now with 300watts?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yes [mention=109291]Ian McP[/mention] had found out that they were a DIY group  project by someone who had designed them to be value giant killer of sorts back in the day.
very detailed with a great sound stage,perhaps a tiny bit toppy for me but excellent nonetheless .
Oh and good ol chipboard cabinetry, but what ever they've done whether it's double llining or bracing they are built uber solid.
With a bit of juice they get going, they are a sealed 4 way.
They sounded sweet with a vintage Marantz PM 200 but anything above average levels went into clipping.
But now with 300watts[emoji7]

Clipping.? Baa give them 300watts and tell us the results!!

15 hours ago, joz said:

Yep playing my hard rubbish find , giving them some juice now. So amazed what these guys are capable off. Definitely no Illuminators and not great lookers in today's market but jeez they can sing.

Ditto with those Isobariks i picked up a few weeks ago now...( except for the treble area cause i reckon the tweeters are on their last legs )

Tase

Edited by Tasebass
  • Like 1

You have to explain the cushions!
[emoji14] i was told that if you put cushions on top of speakers it will take care of some reflections. To be honest i don't know. I don't know how to measure to see if there is a difference either.

20 hours ago, joz said:

Yep playing my hard rubbish find , giving them some juice now. So amazed what these guys are capable off. Definitely no Illuminators and not great lookers in today's market but jeez they can sing.IMG_2700.JPG

Every couple of months I spend an evening listening to a pair of these ETI4000s at a mate's house. He has re-tuned cabinets and hand-built first order external crossovers with the caps in sand buckets and resistors on racks that he can tune by ear making 0.1R changes. Driven by 750W Musical Fidelity mono amps. I think he's getting the best out of them. ;) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jmouss said:

emoji14.png i was told that if you put cushions on top of speakers it will take care of some reflections. To be honest i don't know. I don't know how to measure to see if there is a difference either.

I would say they aren't doing anything the bed, rug and other soft furnishings would be doing that.

I would say they aren't doing anything the bed, rug and other soft furnishings would be doing that.
I think your right. Plus ive got the gold 100s in piano ebony and they are just stunning. They shouldn't be covered. I'm taking the cushions off. Thanks guys.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, jmouss said:

emoji14.png i was told that if you put cushions on top of speakers it will take care of some reflections. To be honest i don't know. I don't know how to measure to see if there is a difference either.

Perhaps light reflections from the shiny black surface that get in your eyes,  doubt it would be beneficial for sound reflections, IMO :thumb:

To Top