Netflix currently watching

Completed season 1 of Yellow Jackets. Not at all what I initially thought it would be but really enjoyed it. I think season 2 is on paramount+ which we don't currently have but I will look into it as there does seem to be quite a bit on Paramount+ worth watching

Full Swing S2.

One of the best sports Doco's ever.   Even my wife loves it.🥰

Regards Cazzesman

Addendum      - I cannot pump up this TV show enough.    3 eps into season 2 and wow!    

Eps 3 revolves around Joel Dahmen and Wyndham Clark.    Damn these 2 have some demons going around their head.   Riveting stuff.    Like watching a train wreck, you can't take your eyes off.  

Regards Cazzesman

Edited by cazzesman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/1/2024 at 1:05 AM, Ed369 said:

Folks,

I love movies, but every time I open up my TV, I search in Netflix, find nothing interests me, so I end up watch YouTube every time.

I don't have a reason to open up HT system

Been 6 month, I have not been using my HT even once.

any thing wrong with my Netflix? I found the movies either old, viewed or not interesting 

We watched this movie last night. Excellent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Ian McP said:

This is just brilliantly filmed - you could freeze frame anywhere and end up with a great b+w  composition. It’s also a fantastic portrait of fading grandeur and down at heel 1950s Italy.
it is pretty slow but once you find the pace it’s really engaging with a great  sociopathic performance from the lead. The detective is excellent. 
The tone isn’t perfect - the Jim Jarmusch meets Fellini humour touches dont always fit but on the whole it’s really good. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, buddyev said:

This is just brilliantly filmed - you could freeze frame anywhere and end up with a great b+w  composition. It’s also a fantastic portrait of fading grandeur and down at heel 1950s Italy.
it is pretty slow but once you find the pace it’s really engaging with a great  sociopathic performance from the lead. The detective is excellent. 
The tone isn’t perfect - the Jim Jarmusch meets Fellini humour touches dont always fit but on the whole it’s really good. 

Described the b/w cinematography to friends just today as Citizen Kane extreme angles and Jim Jarmusch

(think Dead Man and Down By Law)

1 minute ago, Ian McP said:

Described the b/w cinematography to friends just today as Citizen Kane extreme angles and Jim Jarmusch

(think Dead Man and Down By Law)

Yes, it’s magnificent. 

Another big thumbs up for Ripley, the light staging of the b/w is superb . High contrast outdoors to Film Noir vibe!

Binging through it 👍👍

• Like 2

Loving Ripley.   And for all the talk about the amazing black and white imagery…………what about the star of the show Andrew Scott.   OMG!!

One of the premier Actors of our time.    Everything he does is pure class.

From Black Mirror, Fleabag and now Ripley.    It’s glorious to watch him ply his trade.

Regards Cazzesman

PS.  That entire boat scene in Eps 3 would have made Hitchcock proud.

Edited by cazzesman
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, cazzesman said:

Loving Ripley.   And for all the talk about the amazing black and white imagery…………what about the star of the show Andrew Scott.   OMG!!

From Black Mirror, Fleabag and now Ripley.    It’s glorious to watch him ply his trade.

Regards Cazzesman

I am behind in the Eps to you guys (was too busy cleaning records last night) and so only have watched Ep 1 & 2 -

but the main actor is incredible - his intensity with so little words - and the other guy is amazing too...........

the part where he sees the Ripley in his clothes ..............priceless 🤣

They are both incredible and this would be the best thing I have seen this year!

But the thing that was riverting was that female singer ......................her style, presence & vocals ............................THAT had me sucked in alone!

I need to find out more ............WOW.

• Like 1

On 08/04/2024 at 11:07 PM, cazzesman said:

Regards Cazzesman

I watched Ep 3 Last night - and you are right -

I kept thinking if this goes bad thank goodness it is in Black and White.........

what an episode!!!!!!

What a show !!!!

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I watched Ep 3 Last night - and you are right -

I kept thinking if this goes bad thank goodness it is in Black and White.........

what an episode!!!!!!

What a show !!!!

I'm about half way through too and enjoying it, especially the cinematograpahy. Andrew Scott's performance is certainly different to what we're used to in the Ripley character. When I get through this series, I'd like to take another look at the Matt Damon, Jude Law version, I guess for no other reason than to listen to that wonderful jazz sound track.😉

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

I'm about half way through too and enjoying it, especially the cinematograpahy. Andrew Scott's performance is certainly different to what we're used to in the Ripley character. When I get through this series, I'd like to take another look at the Matt Damon, Jude Law version, I guess for no other reason than to listen to that wonderful jazz sound track.😉

Cheers,

Keith

I have to do the same because I have never even seen that movie !! :thumb:

Just now, April Snow said:

I have to do the same because I have never even seen that movie !! :thumb:

Well, I'd highly recommend it to you, Sue. The Dickie character in The Talented Mr Ripley is into jazz and not painting and hence the brilliant sound track.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was waiting for the jazz too, oh well it’s about painting this time around 😢

Edited by joz
  • Like 1

I finished watching Ripley last night on Netflix and it was a very good adaptation of Highsmith's novel and I think the black and white cinematography was stunning and worked really well. Did anyone else notice the one tiny dab of colour in this series? I went back a couple of times to be sure I saw it and I'm curious as to why they thought they needed to highlight that particular scene.

Cheers,

Keith

1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

I finished watching Ripley last night on Netflix and it was a very good adaptation of Highsmith's novel and I think the black and white cinematography was stunning and worked really well. Did anyone else notice the one tiny dab of colour in this series? I went back a couple of times to be sure I saw it and I'm curious as to why they thought they needed to highlight that particular scene.

Cheers,

Keith

I thought I was seeing things too!

Five stars for the series!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Cheers,

Keith

Angela and I started watching it last night.  1st 2 episodes watched.

The movie is one of my all-time favourites (as is the soundtrack). So, this was always going to test things in terms of likeability.  

I got into it as it explored more of the story than the movie could.  It is different to the movie but probably more true to the novel (I have a copy but haven't read it). 

Agree the black and white (which I assumed was "Noir") very much suits it.

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 3

On 10/04/2024 at 10:04 AM, cheekyboy said:

Well, I'd highly recommend it to you, Sue. The Dickie character in The Talented Mr Ripley is into jazz and not painting and hence the brilliant sound track.

Cheers,

Keith

The soundtrack got me into Jazz.  It's been one of my fav's even when I only had it on CD.

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 1