Currently Spinning

3 hours ago, Metamatic said:

Mark, yes you need to. on record, really good.

i just checked it out on youtube. not bad

i had been turned off as well i suppose, as even though i didn't go to the concert, i had heard all about it from the sna touring masters. i still highly regard her last album, and i think she is one of those perfectionists in the studio who find it hard to transfer that intent to the live environ and all it's inherent distractions and noise levels. maybe a small room like the now now festival would suit her better? the last album had so much post-production on it - it's hard to do live.

• Like 2

I've been cleaning records all arvo,

and rather  than pause to flip vinyl all the time, have spun CD's.

Working  backwards through Leonard Cohen's catalogue, and am deeply saddened when I realize I'll never again get to anticipate another new album from him.

20161112_174050.jpg

• Like 6

Started yesterday and finished today with the 2016 Release sampler.  Will have to investigate a few albums that had included songs on here I think.  

a4188199588_2.jpg

Then some Tool today.  

This is necessary.

Tool-Undertow.jpg

Then finished with a droney/ambientish/soundtrack like album from Sabled Sun.  Not too bad, probably should look at more in the Cryo Chamber line up too.

a0981321002_2.jpg

Edited by Monk

Jean Michel Jarre Electronica Part 1

@hergest congrats on 3000 posts

One day I'll stick to a single genre. Today was not that day.

220px-HangmansBeautifulDaughter.jpg

Human_League_Love_and_Dancing.jpg

Cover_-_devotion.jpg

pochette-joe-bonamassa-live-at-radio-cit

Hangman's sometimes comes across as a pisstake and, as an artifact/work of art, seems less impressive when taken out of context, namely that no-one had done something quite like that before. But it is fun, and interesting. Joe Bonamassa tries too hard to take on the mantle of the blues players who have come before him. He needs an injection of JJ Cale in his attitude, but even so this is undoubtedly an extraordinary talent at work, it's just I wish it was less about the man and more about the music. Today I finally played this John McLaughlin LP.  It'll be going onto the regular playlist, this is a rich album and shows you don't need vocals to make an engaging album. Even more engaging, and one of my guilty pleasures, is the League Unlimited Orchestra.  I first heard it in 1982 during interval at a film; the theatre manager decided to play it through the PA.  It was highly unfashionable for the punks to enjoy it - and I was the first guy in my school in ten years to get a crew cut, everyone else was still doing long hair - and we hated that the New Wave had been co-opted by hairdressers and fops, but I did enjoy this, and have done so ever since. I can't remember the film but I do remember this album. I've had to replace my original copy after a pop that couldn't be eliminated.  Today Love and Dancing was music to do housework by.

On 11/11/2016 at 2:07 PM, President Trump said:

Same thing we're all listening to, I guess... 

cohen.jpg

I've a whole set list of his stuff to get through this evening. Figured I'd start here while I buzzed about the house doing the end of week bits n pieces around the house. Such beautiful melancholy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, betocool said:

"Good Morning" is part of the Kid's mix on Wednesday morning getdressed-breakfast-brushyourteeth ritual.

Ha. It's our alarm for all work days. The kids even say "Has Good Morning been on?" when talking  to themselves about getting up for breakfast.

• Like 2

Brilliant original band whose songs are the voice of a disillusioned Britain. I like this a little more than their first album as the songs are more musically interesting but the lyrics just as funny, biting and guttural.

612QuXt6IhL.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mondie said:

Brilliant original band whose songs are the voice of a disillusioned Britain. I like this a little more than their first album as the songs are more musically interesting but the lyrics just as funny, biting and guttural.

612QuXt6IhL.jpg

One of my favourite British bands and a great album. They are incredibly pithy and funny

• Like 2

To Top