Currently Spinning

Guest jakeyb77

5 layer constrained layer plinth (alternating ply and mdf) with Zebrano veneer.

Aaah thanks for the info! Looks beautiful. Looking for ideas for my Thorens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Led Zeppelin III .    the 2014 digital vinyl remaster deluxe with the companion lp of b sides and alternate versions.   I don't play the actual album as i have the Classic reissues which sound amazing  - However I really like the companion disc.  Nice to hear different versions of classic tracks  :thumb:

I am almost tempted to buy led zep IV and houses of the holy just for the companion disc?    Anyone got them?

Only Houses of the Holy with companion LP as I don't have a copy of that album in any format.

I like the lack of the vocal track on a few of them.

• Like 1

Only Houses of the Holy with companion LP as I don't have a copy of that album in any format.

I like the lack of the vocal track on a few of them.

Yea, love HOTH.

Also thinking of getting deluxe versions of Presence, ITTOD and Coda was I don't have those led Zep albums.  They are quite cheap on Amazon UK atm - cheaper then release at least. Hopefully my itch will pass  :unsure:

Have not played these for aa while

LA Guns  and first K&,D

LA+Guns+Hollywood+Vampires+553561.jpg

MI0001890861.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

• Like 1

Ed Kuepper: Lost Cities

CD

What a great late '15 release this was. Still gets a lot of play, a definite stayer.

R-7838912-1449885840-7465.jpeg.jpg

The Drones: I See Seaweed

Vinyl

Love this record too, and can't wait for The Drones new album to drop next month.

You can hear one of the tracks off it now, a lot mellower Drones, but an excellent track, and a great teaser of (hopefully) whats to come.

http://thedrones.com.au/

i-see-seaweed.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry for referring to you as a former member @@Aslan. Didn't realize you still post.

'tis a great plinth too.  :P

Haha, I don't post these days, but I got an email notification that you'd mentioned me so it would have been rude to ignore you :) 

• Like 2

Being doing my accounts which I've ignored for the last couple of months and as I need some dosh I need to do the accounts and what shall I listen too so I don't get distracted and turn around to listen?

It's a harder Q than you realise. If you put crap on (yes I own quite a bit sadly although no DSOTM so that's one less :sarc: ) then you get distracted and get up and put another on. As I'm playing vinyl I've got to get up anyway but you know what I mean.

Soooo it was going to be Bit.ches Brew but while looking for it in the 'M' section(I just made that up) I came a cross this album and just endlessly played side 2.

mike-oldfield-ommadawn.jpg

Hadn't heard it this century(seriously), probably last listened to it in the 80's while wringing the neck off a number and I'd forgotten just how good of an album it is.

Paddy Maloney is exemplary on this and the depth and feeling he wrings out of his instrument is up there with the greats, if I didn't already know it I'd of said it was Liam O'Flynn playing and not Paddy.

(if you have no idea who I'm talking about then that's fine, I'm just mumbling here)

Fantastic stuff.

Edited by Luc
  • Like 1

Haha, I don't post these days, but I got an email notification that you'd mentioned me so it would have been rude to ignore you :)

Between $350 and $475 depending on turntable type, number of layers and veneer finish - some veneers are bloody expensive.

• Like 1

picked this gem up the other day

attachicon.gifNA5095LP.jpg

re released last year by now again records

if your into jazz/psych/funk or hip hop (you'll recognise some familiar sounds) this is for you

awesome

While it tickles my humour to imagine Monty Stark spinning out his autumnal years moonlighting as a daggy Canberran, I have to confess I'm just a regular daggy Canberran.

I saw that reissue in a recent email from Northside Records. Should jump on it.

In a kind of similar jazz/funk vein I just finished playing:

5c0552d4-b419-4122-8c52-83e0bc4d0193_zps

Eugene McDaniels - Headless Heroes of the Apocalypse (1971 - LP)

• Like 2

Led Zeppelin III .    the 2014 digital vinyl remaster deluxe with the companion lp of b sides and alternate versions.   I don't play the actual album as i have the Classic reissues which sound amazing  - However I really like the companion disc.  Nice to hear different versions of classic tracks  :thumb:

I am almost tempted to buy led zep IV and houses of the holy just for the companion disc?    Anyone got them?

24180446724_af968628f3_b.jpg

Yes, I've got the "deluxe" reissues of IV and HOTH. As Cliff said, some of the tracks without vocals are worth having (I actually think that Plant's vocals ruin a lot of LZ tracks that would otherwise be brilliant). BTW, I don't agree with all the hype about these reissues, which, unlike some digitally mastered LPs, really do sound like digital remasters to my ears.

Edited by ochremoon
  • Like 1

To Top