HELP AND ADVICE on new turntable high end

1 minute ago, t_mike said:

Are you after suspended or solid? Acoustic Signature make some great solid decks, it's just up to you how much you want to spend. Hearing and seeing them here in Australia may be difficult, but their prices aren't rediculous when compared to some of the models you're already considering. 

Wonderful decks and would be a serious consideration, however they have just been dropped by the distributor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2020 at 8:35 PM, Eagleeyes said:

Hello fellow members I am asking for some help as

First of all I know I am very lucky to have this choice and very torn between 3 new turntables that I have my eye on that are all used but all about the same price for Deck and arm and I want as my last ever end deck. I have had Vpis , Lp12, Mober lp12's Rega Rp9, Rega Rp10. Gyrodek and others that I have enjoyed but I want to buy a deck that I will decide on as my final turntable purchase. A semi to fullreference deck so to speak .

My choices are

1) EAT forte- huge high mass turntable with- twice the size of 2 regas with wand uni pivot arm

2) Kuzma Stabi Reference 11 with Stogi arm

3) Vertere MG with SG arm

Any thoughts let me know.

cheers Adam

Just a quick question as you have owned both brands I am interested in. I am looking at a Rega P10 or a Kuzma Stabi S PS 2 Turntable with Stogi S CE Tonearm Fitted and I would appreciate your opinion/advice? Thanks in advance. SdP

On 19/03/2020 at 7:34 PM, pulinap said:

Linn....pfft......another myth like global warming.

Comments like this really don't have a constructive place on a thread about TT choices.....and only serves to expose the ignorance of a now 'dinosaur' ideology.

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, stevoz said:

Comments like this really don't have a constructive place on a thread about TT choices.....and only serves to expose the ignorance of a now 'dinosaur' ideology.

You either don't know me or not well versed in sarcasm....as they say ignorance is bliss.

1 hour ago, pulinap said:

You either don't know me or not well versed in sarcasm....as they say ignorance is bliss.

Apologies.....without knowing you, it was hard to read the sarcasm......?

• Like 1

Out of the 3 you have listed, the Kuzma for me.

personally, none of the 3 would be the one I would be buying new if I were looking for a new table.  that takes nothing away from the nice tables you have listed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, metal beat said:

Out of the 3 you have listed, the Kuzma for me.

personally, none of the 3 would be the one I would be buying new if I were looking for a new table.  that takes nothing away from the nice tables you have listed.

So what would it be a VPI?? I already have an RP9 with a jubillee and a MOBER linn lp12 with cadenza black but want to make a jump up if I can afford it.

12 minutes ago, Eagleeyes said:

So what would it be a VPI?? I already have an RP9 with a jubillee and a MOBER linn lp12 with cadenza black but want to make a jump up if I can afford it.

no to all of them.  I have owned a VPI HRX  in the past- nice table.

56 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Techics SP10-R with Thales Simplicity 2 tonearm.  U choose the cart.

Will creme 99% of tables out there regardless of price.

Yepp 100% agree with this.  

Failing that, a Technics SL1000 MKII with a SME V or Triplanar tonearm would be my personal choice over any of the other suggestions here.  IME there is no TT that can compete with a SL1000 MKII for the money.   Having said that I prefer a Japanese DD over anything belt or idler driven, with the only exception being a Thorens TD124 MKII if I had to settle for something else.  

Edited by Peter_F

On 04/04/2020 at 9:03 AM, sdepass said:

Just a quick question as you have owned both brands I am interested in. I am looking at a Rega P10 or a Kuzma Stabi S PS 2 Turntable with Stogi S CE Tonearm Fitted and I would appreciate your opinion/advice? Thanks in advance. SdP

I have the Kuzma Stabi S with the PS2 and an Audio Origiami PU7 and it sounds very close to the Ref 2.  I have heard them side by side and there isn't a lot in it.  The Stabi S is a great value option and looks great as well.  My preference is the brass look.

Have a look at the PU7 arm it really pairs well with the Kuzma and doesn't cost the earth.

F33BA829-BAF4-485E-888A-2682A1BABD9A.jpeg

Edited by PKay
  • Like 3

Guest Mr Thorens
10 hours ago, Warren Jones said:

I'd 2nd the Technics SP10, even the Mk2 is an amazing TT with a good plinth and arm.............

Agreed the SP10mk2 with a good arm and cart and plinth has bettered anything I’ve heard or had before. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Thorens said:

Agreed the SP10mk2 with a good arm and cart and plinth has bettered anything I’ve heard or had before. 

The SL1000MKII comes with a superbly built and designed plinth for the SP10.  Its a no brainer IMO.

Edited by Peter_F

If you’re considering vintage I don’t think you can go wrong with either the Pioneer P3 or Yamaha GT-2000X - I own the 2000X and the build quality is exceptional. Also extremely easy to use once set up. I previously owned the Yamaha GT-2000 which is also excellent.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2020 at 8:03 AM, Mr Thorens said:

I had an LP12, Itok, Troika and an RP8, Apheta and the SP10Mk2 with EPA100 and EPC205 out performed both. I now have a Linear tracking arm on a custom plinth and Stanton 881 and this is one of the best TT I have ever heard.