Vinyl - Currently Spinning

Called in on a car boot sale on the way home from the shops. There was a lady selling records with mainly $2 rubbish and then a couple of amazing items including a first UK pressing of The Doors for $100 which I couldn't afford and a Pink Floyd bootleg for $50. This was the 1 good record left for $2. It was around 1.30PM so she had probably sold lots of good stuff.

'Til Tuesday - Voices Carry
1985 Aussie pressing

1712992804681.jpg

1712992786757.jpg

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

All I've heard about Ripley is people (probably Millennials) b!tching that it's black and white and therefore unwatchable. I'm looking forward to watching it

It is one of the most visually beautiful things I have seen in years - it is stunning in every way - brilliance all round 👍

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

With so much chat abt Ripley (tv series), had to play this.

My fav movie and my fav soundtrack. The music has basically 2 genres, jazz and score. Love both on this album. 

I took this as my demo CD way way back when choosing some speakers in 2007.

Grab it if you can find it. 

8 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I must search for this myself !!!! thank you for the reminder 😉

Both of you are bad influences, so far bought the 50th anniversary version of American Beauty,  couldn't afford to get your version April !,😉

• Like 2
  • Love 1

some more of Susie's Singles 🎶

Kiss  💋

I Was Made For Lovin' You

12 inch Single

Australia - LTD Edition - 1979

U2

Pride (In The Name Of Love)

12 inch Single

Australia - LTD Edition - 1984

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 5.17.32 PM.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, evil c said:

Both of you are bad influences, so far bought the 50th anniversary version of American Beauty,  couldn't afford to get your version April !,😉

Awwww nice one - big congrats !! 😍

I could not afford mine either, I just don't eat .......ask my friends about my fridge & pantry situation 🤣

Food for the soul (music) I say !! 🤭

• Haha 1

WHITNEY HOUSTON   —   WHITNEY   —   AU ARISTA   SFL1•0154   ℗ 1987.   Mfd by EMI Records Australia Pty. Ltd.

DMM MAXICUT by Allan Parsons at EMI Homebush who said: “The DMM lathe allowed a new world technically and sonically. The hardness of the copper layer was another contributing variable, as we could cut and visually see (under the microscope) top end wave shapes that a heated ruby stylus into a lacquer master just could not hold.”

Whitney.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, attunement said:

WHITNEY HOUSTON   —   WHITNEY   —   AU ARISTA   SFL1•0154   ℗ 1987.   Mfd by EMI Records Australia Pty. Ltd.

DMM MAXICUT by Allan Parsons at EMI Homebush who said: “The DMM lathe allowed a new world technically and sonically. The hardness of the copper layer was another contributing variable, as we could cut and visually see (under the microscope) top end wave shapes that a heated ruby stylus into a lacquer master just could not hold.”

I have this one, did not realise it was a DMM - will have to pull it out and check the dead wax !! 👍

1 minute ago, April Snow said:

@evil c Go on Keto it is one meal a day - save money for Reckids !!!!!!  🤣

Talking Heads

True Stories

Australia

EMI

Mastered on Copper 

IMG_3687.JPG

Classic, l put this on 5 minutes ago before your post!

Speaking in Tongues

We must have some weird psychic connection, or is it psycho?? 😬

20240413_175230.thumb.jpg.1d7fc5c7dec5c511e4d1fc6510d5063b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, evil c said:

Classic, l put this on 5 minutes ago before your post!

Speaking in Tongues

We must have some weird psychic connection, or is it psycho?? 😬

We may have to ask the other members which one we are - physic or psycho 🤣 

(kinda think I know what the answer may be) 🤔

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, April Snow said:

We may have to ask the other members which one we are - physic or psycho 🤣 

(kinda think I know what the answer may be) 🤔

Prefer to use the term - self absorbed, self centred , probably somewhere on the spectrum, hedonist!, 🙂

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, April Snow said:

I have this one, did not realise it was a DMM - will have to pull it out and check the dead wax !! 👍

side 1 is stamped MASTERED ON COPPER.

The DMM Mastering Suite commenced at Homebush Manufacturing in late 85 / early 86 and was EMI's only location worldwide producing DMM Maxicuts.

The main engineers were Allan Parsons who was a morning guy, so he did 6 am to 2 pm, and then Otto Ruiter continued for the afternoon and evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, attunement said:

side 1 is stamped MASTERED ON COPPER.

The DMM Mastering Suite commenced at Homebush Manufacturing in late 85 / early 86 and was EMI's only location worldwide producing DMM Maxicuts.

The main engineers were Allan Parsons who was a morning guy, so he did 6 am to 2 pm, and then Otto Ruiter continued for the afternoon and evening.

I checked and indeed it is 😍👍

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Popped into Diabolik today for a look around , but first a look through the delights of ( Kim) Moogy’s Mobile (s/h) record store where I scored the Durutti Column and the Voix Bulgares records. While walking around Diabolik , liked what they were playing store and now the proud owner of A.S.O. record. A good days record hunting

IMG_3930.jpeg

IMG_3931.jpeg

IMG_3929.jpeg

IMG_3932.jpeg

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, April Snow said:

It is one of the most visually beautiful things I have seen in years - it is stunning in every way - brilliance all round 👍

Not to take away from the TV series, the scenery in both the Movie and TV series is just breathtaking.  It (the scenery) was one of the things that drew me in wrt the movie.

The TV scenery reminded me of our Italy trip last year. Love it.

• Like 1