Metal: Currently Spinning

Haven't heard Danzig since his second one, will have to try it.

fun fact, anyone remember when John Christ was the guitarist on Hey Hey It's Saturday when they went to the U.S. for a couple of shows, I was peaking out as a young 20 year old when I saw it, I remember they were scared of him and trying to make him laugh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powerav said:

Haven't heard Danzig since his second one, will have to try it.

fun fact, anyone remember when John Christ was the guitarist on Hey Hey It's Saturday when they went to the U.S. for a couple of shows, I was peaking out as a young 20 year old when I saw it, I remember they were scared of him and trying to make him laugh.

Haha no don't that's funny **** 

1 hour ago, Pops110 said:

@Tubularbells Picked a little something up for you today. 

IMG_2223.thumb.JPG.7d689fd67ef166e7a1380fae31cc1d8b.JPG

I tried to find Danzig 2 as well but nobody had it, I think I looked in 6 stores.:D

Will get it to you as soon as I get back.

Cheers Dave.

WOW! Thank you sir...PM on its way.

3 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Indeed he did.

image.jpeg

I didn't know that, awesome. 

Just finished listening to Danzig 2, still sounds great. Used to be on constant rotation cruising in Holden Camira back in the day.

Edited by powerav

On ?6?/?8?/?2017 at 8:18 PM, powerav said:

I didn't know that, awesome. 

Just finished listening to Danzig 2, still sounds great. Used to be on constant rotation cruising in Holden Camira back in the day.

Danzig 2 would be my fave I reckon, closely followed by the rawness of the original.

@Yamaha Man indirectly put me onto it, am very grateful. Gorgeous productions too.

Edited by Darren69

• 3 weeks later...

Oh I say! UK original that I haven't played for so long and never on a decent hifi with good speakers and amp with grunt. It's a revelation. I saw the band live twice on the Killing Machine tour, playing this at volume this afternoon took me back to the Birmingham Odeon in the blink of an eye.

59575a04e0fd1_Killingmachine.thumb.jpg.6d38641c5ab666ae17f1e580f356c1c1.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hergest said:

Oh I say! UK original that I haven't played for so long and never on a decent hifi with good speakers and amp with grunt. It's a revelation. I saw the band live twice on the Killing Machine tour, playing this at volume this afternoon took me back to the Birmingham Odeon in the blink of an eye.

59575a04e0fd1_Killingmachine.thumb.jpg.6d38641c5ab666ae17f1e580f356c1c1.jpg

Seeing the Priest in their prime, now that would have been a sight to behold......lucky bugger.

17 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Seeing the Priest in their prime, now that would have been a sight to behold......lucky bugger.

They were excellent and as they were locals the Birmingham gigs were always the end of the tour, sort of blaze of glory stuff as they were just hitting the big time. The band was my first heavy rock concerts, just seeing Gordon Giltrap and 10 c.c prior to them. The volume was a surprise but then came years of Gillan and Motorhead and Saxon and ZZ Top and Ozzy etc and ringing in my ears and a sore neck from headbanging :D

I'm alright now though......

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

To Top