Metal: Currently Spinning

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For me, one of if not the greatest death/grind albums of all time. And great running music too...

Necroticism-Descanting_the_Insalubrious.

.........fitness and death metal - never thought I would see those to concepts within a spit of each other. Loving it!

ZM.

• 3 weeks later...

Coroner - Grin

Coroner_-_Grin.jpg

This for me is a benchmark album. Since it was released in 1993, very little in this genre has ever come close. It was responsible for my gradual disenchantment with metal back then. Everything else at the time sounded bland and repetitive. This is a band that consistently evolved from their beginnings in 1985. They called it quits not long after this album, citing that they could not see how they could ever surpass it. Kudos.

They reformed in 2011 for a reunion "money tour" ;) They are coming to Australia in June. I wept for joy when I heard that. Unfknblvbl for such an unknown band. I CAN'T WAIT!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its that time again..

f285228348a029b059890110.L.jpg

Cannot believe I never got into this band before, wow what an amazing album, the finish to Five Magics.. mind blown!

And again, mind blown!

Next up more Opeth, no doubt setting myself up for disappointment with the new album probably more like Heritage..

post-105052-0-19635800-1402920705_thumb.

Edited by likwidsh0k
  • Like 2

Have been spinning Carcass (saw them on Sunday) and Earth (seeing them this Saturday) pretty much non stop, maybe time for some melody in them vocals?

spinning this vein opener tonight, it is bleak, brutal and beautiful

eze2uban.jpg

• Like 1

Have been spinning Carcass (saw them on Sunday) and Earth (seeing them this Saturday) pretty much non stop, maybe time for some melody in them vocals?

spinning this vein opener tonight, it is bleak, brutal and beautiful

Saw Earth last night.  I can't say I'm even a casual listener, but it wasn't a bad gig.

• 2 weeks later...

Thou - Heathen. Arrived yesterday from Gilead [could not source it locally]. Double vinyl, their usual excellent packaging. Sp far this sounds like a worthy successor to Summit

relic48.jpg

Edited by blackangus

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the Anvil movie, but I think history shows they were justifiably also rans. In my view their contemporaries went on to release ground breaking albums - puppets, reign in blood, even among the living is still strong - but I think they were maybe a cut or more below whilst maybe still quite enjoyable live.

Some kind of monster is a great music doco and shows quite clearly what happens when an artistic pursuit becomes a business first and foremost

I was also thinking about the album when reading the Anvil thread so gave it a spin..

post-105052-0-34454000-1405682532_thumb.

• Like 1