Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

Any update on the Blade Runner sequel? I haven't seen anything recently.

The original will be top of my list to watch once I get everything out of storage (and receive my MF A5 pre and pwr purchases) and set up in the new house. No HT room, but that's life.

18 hours ago, betocool said:

Any news on when the BluRay is coming out?

Cheers,

Alberto

No idea, I've been waiting for this one for years.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched "Batman v Superman - Dawn of Justice" yesterday. And while there are still a few moments (two) that I say "meh", overall I found it better than the first time I saw it in the cinema. I do like Ben Affleck's Batman, all that nod to Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns". Next in line is Wonder Woman... and then Justice League...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, betocool said:

I watched "Batman v Superman - Dawn of Justice" yesterday. And while there are still a few moments (two) that I say "meh", overall I found it better than the first time I saw it in the cinema. I do like Ben Affleck's Batman, all that nod to Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns". Next in line is Wonder Woman... and then Justice League...

I have only seen the director's cut of that film at home and I liked it. From what I understand the cinema version was cut to the point where it didn't make sense.

Fair warning - I saw Wonder Woman on the big screen and it went to the top of my superhero movie like list. Well, a step below Deadpool - but I treat that movie as an anomaly in the machine that is Hollywood. Same with a few of them, now that I think about it. Might just start a thread with that as a theme.

8 minutes ago, JSmith said:

... has the title of this thread changed or 2 threads merged? @Kazz @:) al

JSmith :ninja:

no idea @JSmith though it likely is in the wrong sub forum here, as this is more general currently watching rather than just TV?

I'm thinking more belongs in forum below,

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/forum/217-movies-cinema-blu-ray-streaming/

like if you think a good idea and i will move. otherwise open to ideas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JSmith said:

Sorry @:) al I think it was this one I was thinking of;

Yes probably best to move it out of the TV section and into the cinema section, as it does seem to be about films. :)

Cheers,

JSmith :ninja:

Woah, wait - surely this thread applies to tv as well? It's treated as 'X I've watched recently'.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, kukynas said:

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales  -  this is the end result of milking cow for too long, only dry bones left and they keep milking....

It was still better than the two before it. That's not saying much though.

Avoid like the plague; Nicholas Cage in Arsenal. Take the last three letters off the title to get my rating.

Just about to watch Wonder Woman.

Hi All

Have just finished watching the second series of "The Expanse" on Netflix.

A great story and quite plausible , with the probability of war between Earth and Mars and the poor Belters caught between, with the 'proto molecule', at the heart of the problems.

Great television .

The-Expanse-1200x675.jpg

JJ

• Like 1

On 23/09/2017 at 12:05 PM, betocool said:

I watched Wonder Woman last night. Pretty good, I enjoyed it. Though I thougt some CGI looked a bit meh... I did like the aesthetics though.

watched last night also, pretty much same opinion here. I never knew WW could fly around like one of the Incredibles?

I watched "Ghost In The Shell", the 2017 movie.

I don't know, I found it just OK. Not bad, but not great. It reminded me at times of that other movie with Scarlett Johannson and Ewan McGregor, directed by Michael Bay. I just can't remember the name now... Me personally, I enjoyed the Michael Bay movie more...

Cheers,

Alberto

12 minutes ago, betocool said:

I watched "Ghost In The Shell", the 2017 movie.

I don't know, I found it just OK. Not bad, but not great. It reminded me at times of that other movie with Scarlett Johannson and Ewan McGregor, directed by Michael Bay. I just can't remember the name now... Me personally, I enjoyed the Michael Bay movie more...

Cheers,

Alberto

Hi

The movie was 'The Island', just from only seeing the promos it reminded me more of her in Luc Besson's Lucy ....

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 1

Thank you!

"Lucy", now there was another movie I couldn't wait to be over with. It felt like a waste of time, even though I was on a plane! While I found the idea great, and some action sequences cool, the whole development and ending was a massive disappointment. I'm thinking Luc Besson hit top of his game with "The Professional" and "5th Element". I think I'll skip "Valerian", but I'm not sure about "Arthur and the Minimoys".

Cheers,

Alberto