Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

On 01/04/2024 at 2:41 PM, stevoz said:

Last night I watched "The Grand Budapest Hotel" on bluray. Loved it.....and what a cast!

image.thumb.png.ff4b12ebf86d57527089eef88b4637a4.png

On 02/04/2024 at 4:08 PM, Mord said:

Watched " Asteroid City " another Wes Anderson film , on Netflix , certainly different

Huge cast again 

71gqVzr2VL._AC_SL1500_.jpg.cd340863b1d4c6d8c14ad30553076d66.jpg

Watched this last night (actually, tried to watch it on Friday, but Mrs CE fell asleep (hard day, big wine). It really felt like a play, but with unique looks "behind the scenes" at the same time. A number of them have dual roles, playing both the character and the actor/actress playing the character. Enjoyed it, but I'm not sure if it's a collectable.

I might borrow the BD from the library again sometime...

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, muon* said:

Tried to watch Asteroid City, 10 minutes in I started slipping ahead, was not for me.

He certainly won't appeal to the masses ,

Last night I watched "The Darkest Hour" on bluray. Mildy entertaining Russian/American alien invasion thriller set in Moscow but overall, a bit silly.

image.png.be45cac0f894b309b629a999d0e7cfb8.png

21 hours ago, muon* said:

Tried to watch Asteroid City, 10 minutes in I started skipping ahead, was not for me.

So you missed Scarlett getting nuded up?

spoiler: body double, but close enough

• Haha 1

Sunday night I watched "Good Will Hunting" for the first time ever (bluray). A fantastic movie.....really enjoyed it.

image.png.d10d1ce64e7c89899a4812423b5533ac.png

Last night I watched "Galaxy Quest" on bluray.....quite funny at times, also enjoyed it.

image.png.c142c38df8c85cfe4e481b547d737fe9.png

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 5

Last night I watched "Essential Killing" on bluray. While I found it fascinating and beautifully filmed, I wouldn't say it was as amazing as the comments on the cover declare......and do we really want to be rooting for the Taliban guy?🤔

image.png.109cded6484f417d33a3b7bf4a5484d1.png

Now what do you put on the night before Anzac Day...

Then go to the Anzac Dawn service in Perth Kings Park wearing your Grandfathers WW1 service medals from 51st Battalion AIF.

Hmm...I know what I did.

240407_large.jpg

• Like 3

On 23/4/2024 at 10:07 AM, stevoz said:

Sunday night I watched "Good Will Hunting" for the first time ever (bluray). A fantastic movie.....really enjoyed it.

image.png.d10d1ce64e7c89899a4812423b5533ac.png

Last night I watched "Galaxy Quest" on bluray.....quite funny at times, also enjoyed it.

image.png.c142c38df8c85cfe4e481b547d737fe9.png

galaxy quest is one of my guilty pleasures - so good to see a cast like that doing comedy - makes me laugh every time 

• Like 1

I rewatched Dune and then watched Dune 2 for the first time last night.

The same thing happened as when I watched Dune in that it got to the end and then I realised …. There’s going to be another bloody film FFS

GAAAAAAAGGGGGG

With the first one I figured it out about 2/3 of the way through as there wasn’t enough time but with this one it caught me by surprise.

• Like 1

Last night I watched "Beneath Hill 60" on bluray. Post Anzac Day, I really enjoyed this, a fine movie. Subwoofer warning.....there is an explosion near the end of the film which was likely felt by my distant neighbours!😂 Impressive.

image.png.189011e743828b06e42a3f719edec622.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 27/4/2024 at 3:06 PM, STROP said:

Now what do you put on the night before Anzac Day...

Then go to the Anzac Dawn service in Perth Kings Park wearing your Grandfathers WW1 service medals from 51st Battalion AIF.

Hmm...I know what I did.

240407_large.jpg

This was on ABC on Anzac Day. Terrifically well done. 
We know nothing of hardship!

• Like 2

Last night I watched "The Imitation Game" on bluray.....fantastic film, really enjoyed it. Boy, if attitudes back then were more like todays, Alan Turing would have been treated as the genius hero he was. Really sad what happened in the end.

image.png.1b57576e96d2f8b9392bff1be4ed463e.png

• Like 2

On 13/05/2024 at 1:54 PM, stevoz said:

Last night I watched "The World's End" on bluray. Bloody funny, enjoyed it.

image.png.e708b89698fa91fc5d594ccf8f748ba2.png

I seem to remember that this came out at the same time as "This Is The End" - which is a bit more uneven (American, what can you expect?) but still quite funny. I must have a look at this - I missed it the first time around!

7 hours ago, Cloth Ears said:

I seem to remember that this came out at the same time as "This Is The End" - which is a bit more uneven (American, what can you expect?) but still quite funny. I must have a look at this - I missed it the first time around!

Yes, I have that one too but am yet to watch it.👍