Currently Spinning

Mum: Yesterday Was Dramatic-Today Is Ok

Ambient electronica via Iceland.

MI0000495666.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

If you liked the Mum album soundfan you might enjoy Child's View* - Funfair

*Nobukazu Takemura.

Now spinning

Smadj- Take It And Drive. Oud & electronica. With guests Rokia Traore,Talvin Singh and the Kalahari bushmen.:-)

• Like 1

I remember buying the original of this with my paper round and record token money back in 1977 as a 15 year old. It came with the mobile that you stuck together and hung from my bedroom ceiling until it got trashed during some raucous party a few years later. Simply Vinyl re issued it in the early 2000s and did a lovely job of it. It still stands as one of my all time favourite records and i defy anyone not to bellow along with the last track-Wild West Hero, whether out of tune or in it it doesn't matter.

ELO-Out_of_the_Blue_Lp.jpg

You could of course sing nicely out of tune which is handy as up next is....

Lindisfarne-NicelyOutOfTune.jpg

• Like 2

Something relaxing.

Takagi Masakatsu-Journal For People ( Cd/DVD)

'Masakatsu's Journal For People is well named-the accompaning DVD pairs his glitchy electro-acoustic miniatures with treated video footage of ordinary people at leisure: swimming,on funfair rides,ice skating.The combination is hypnotic,sometimes beautiful and suffused with a faint air of nostalgia.

The same goes for his music which goes just as well without the visuals. Gentle pileups of guitars,pianos and accordions sketch simple, bucolic scenes that are drizzled with glitches and effects:the impression is of listening to an old, badly treated tape where the oxide has flaked off, leaving only faint traces of its original contents.

Beautiful stuff-BBC review.

Ani DiFranco: Living In Clip

CD

A great "live" album from Ani, back when she had a bit of spunk and attitude. 

As a side note I have been to two of her gigs, one was astoundingly good, the other one was atrocious, as she had a shitty attitude, and just didn't seem to want to be there.

MI0002329088.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

• Like 1

(not my photo)

I've been trying to get beyond 'September Gurls', which I acknowledge is a stand-alone, certified, beauty, of considerable influence on guitar pop bands that followed for many years- no question.

But, I'm struggling to find anything else on this album I really like... which is sad.

$(KGrHqZ,!qYFEy1YLcwQBROi8swiKw~~60_35.J

• Like 1

Portishead: Roseland NYC Live

CD

I've had this disc for a while, ( a Cashies cheapie) but can't remember spinning it before. And I find it's excellent, definitely a very well done live album.

You know she performs with her back to the audience almost the whole time?

Must be fascinating to see them live..     ;)

• Like 1

Now spinning this:

Djan Djan: Mamadou Diabate/Bobby Singh/Jeff Lang

I've long been a Jeff Lang fan, so was quite interested to hear him playing with these other two fine musicians.

And it's a pearler, apparently recorded in 2008 in Melbourne when the three got together for a day in the studio.

61IqHmAJqeL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Like 4

Now spinning this:

Djan Djan: Mamadou Diabate/Bobby Singh/Jeff Lang

I've long been a Jeff Lang fan, so was quite interested to hear him playing with these other two fine musicians.

And it's a pearler, apparently recorded in 2008 in Melbourne when the three got together for a day in the studio.

Very nice, streaming now. Is it on vinyl?