Currently Spinning

Streaming now on Rhapsody. Very good, thanks.

Hi Jake

I hope you enjoy it. His other album Remembranza is also excellent. The one in between Utopia is a remix disc bookended with a couple of songs that came out on e.p. Remixers include Deathprod,Sutekh and Colleen. I'm still waitng on another new disc. He's a busy man re performing. The last one came out about 4 years ago- The Versailles Session.That one was written for a festival of sound, light and water at the Chateau de Versailles. He uses baroque instruments including harpsichord for that recording. The new one is supposed to be titled Oceana.

M- Martes

U- Utopia

R-Remembranza

C- Cosmos

O- Oceana

F-?

Hi Jake

I hope you enjoy it. His other album Remembranza is also excellent. The one in between Utopia is a remix disc bookended with a couple of songs that came out on e.p. Remixers include Deathprod,Sutekh and Colleen. I'm still waitng on another new disc. He's a busy man re performing. The last one came out about 4 years ago- The Versailles Session.That one was written for a festival of sound, light and water at the Chateau de Versailles. He uses baroque instruments including harpsichord for that recording. The new one is supposed to be titled Oceana.

M- Martes

U- Utopia

R-Remembranza

C- Cosmos

O- Oceana

F-?

Just a shame not on vinyl!

"Morton Feldman meets Basic Channel....

Hmmm ... I have some Morton Feldman and also Basic Channel CDs ... must investigate further! I'm tempted to put on For Bunita Marcos but wifey gets annoyed at the extreme minimalism ... 

--Geoff

• Like 1

I have this CD in my "shiz wot I got but have not listened to yet" pile (commonly known as "those five boxes in the garage"). Might have to start making my way through 'em one day ...

--Geoff

Been playing this a lot in the past couple of years (along with their other two albums)... well overdue for a new album.

when im not playing Paolo Nutini, the most perfect album ive heard in awhile

im playing

tumblr_lp12xenril1qfnchlo1_500.jpg

Bon Iver - Bon Iver (Vinyl)

Playing around with my room setup at the moment, I have the VAF's in the study, and the B&W's in the VAF room. The VAF's sure do love tubes.

• Like 2

Dude, if you want that just buy CDs.

Your kidding right? Cd would lose any sense of tone and density.

Still sounds good, just distorted and dirty.  How he would sound live I would think.  You don't have it Jake?,  if not get it.

Diana Krall fans would be disgusted :-) 

Edited by turntable

I think this is my favorite Kurt Vile lp. It is just a little dirtier and lo fi  -  the lack of audiophile sound quality goodness adds to the experience :-)

I prefer the lo-fi slacker with a drum machine KV sound too. God Is Saying This To You is in a similar vain, my favourite KV track is "My Sympathy". Compare the lyrics of that with some of his new songs where he's singing about being married and having kids. The latest effort sounds like he has settled down on a few fronts. That said, I still like the new album.

Oh! I really like your new avatar, TT! ;)

• Like 1

I prefer the lo-fi slacker with a drum machine KV sound too. God Is Saying This To You is in a similar vain, my favourite KV track is "My Sympathy". Compare the lyrics of that with some of his new songs where he's singing about being married and having kids. The latest effort sounds like he has settled down on a few fronts. That said, I still like the new album.

Oh! I really like your new avatar, TT! ;)

Yea , new lp is good but just a continuation of  Smoke Ring imo so really needs to change it up next album.

Ta, can't say the same about yours - Zappa is just about the ugliest dude ever :-)     put some eye candy in  :cool:

Edited by turntable

dig-me-out.jpg

Getting my 90's Riot Grrrl on

....sigh, miss the 90's sooooooo much

The nineties was awesome....I could spend about a million bucks on vinyl from 90's albums right now. I miss it too :(

• Like 1

Yea , new lp is good but just a continuation of  Smoke Ring imo so really needs to change it up next album.

Ta, can't say the same about yours - Zappa is just about the ugliest dude ever :-)     put some eye candy in  :cool:

I had some eye candy for about 5mins on Friday before the salacious Pm's started! "Hey blondey, your looking hot tonight" etc, hence the change to FZ! 

post-110730-0-20152900-1371361368_thumb.post-110730-0-44683700-1371361477_thumb.

The Besnard Lakes - "Until In Excess, Imperceptible UFO" - 2013. I haven't stopped listening to this since I got it. It's the male/female vocal harmonies and shoegaze guitars that win me over. Some really dreamy stuff. They've came along nicely over the last three albums, each being slightly more intricate and refined than the past.

The Besnard Lakes - "Are The Dark Horse" - 2007. Some really great songs here, especially the one-two punch of "And You Lied To Me" and "Devastation". When I saw them live they closed with a 10min version of "Devastation". I couldn't get over how good the vocals were live :thumb:

• Like 1

Dude, if you want that just buy CDs.

Your kidding right? Cd would lose any sense of tone and density.

Still sounds good, just distorted and dirty. How he would sound live I would think. You don't have it Jake?, if not get it.

Diana Krall fans would be disgusted :-)

Will do.

Don't tell me you have this on vinyl?!?

I used to sell Budd ep's when I worked in a music store in Brisbane's Northside back in the mid nineties. Also sold much skater musik eg Blink 182, Spiderbait(Shashavaglava), Bulldozer, Dreamkillers, Green Day and Offspring (ep's before major album releases) etc etc. Damn fine era to be around, loved it to bits!!

• Like 1

Even with 3 instrumentals.

I love this lp and the instrumentals are a standout for me, i wish he'd done more of them over the years. Grumpy bugger on the photos but  :)

the 3 instrumentals are perfectly placed I reckon. Track 1, 6 and 11 (the last track). Not a dud track on this album IMHO.