Currently Spinning

Finishing up with a little Hawkwind "Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music" Oz 1st pressing.

It seems appropriate the last song I hear before retiring is titled "Chronoglide Skyway"?

Related image

I may just add that IMO, if Pink Floyd came out with the song 'City of Lagoons' back then, people would have gone 'yeah, that's cool!'.....that song is a trip.??

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Me2also said:

TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS: DAMN THE TORPEDOES.

He was a talented artist, who went on to do some interesting collaborations before his life was cut short in a fashion sadly relative to many in his sphere of life. I'll never forget seeing him and Dylan in Sydney back in the day.

IMG_20190331_163309.jpg

Great album, the Traveling Wilburys record is pretty good as well

• Like 1

Just checking side one of Pavlov's Dog "Pampered Menial" Oz 1st pressing after an RV peel. Definitely sounds better but didn't come up quite as good as I'd have liked. Some physical degradation that can't be improved it seems.....

Image result for pavlov's dog pampered menial

• Like 2

This record is so good it plays like a greatest hits

I Feel So Good

I Misunderstood

Grey walls

Why Must I plead 

1952 Vincent Black Lightning

Don’t Sit On My Jimmy Shands

Keep Your Distance

And a few others

And the paranoia of Psycho Street

image.jpg

• Like 1

On 30/03/2019 at 11:48 PM, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Steve, I have 'Black Sea' & 'English Settlement' on Vinyl, and a couple of others (flac) on the hard drive - 'Drums and Wires' - 'Drums and Wireless/BBC Live' - 'Skylarking' - and one titled 'Dear God' (which I don't see in their discography, might be a compilation), but I haven't given those much of a listen.  Will have to rectify that and keep a look out for 'White Music'. 

Which other ones should I look for first buddy?

As you know I didn't understand bands like Devo, Talking Heads and XTC in my youth, but my brother listened to XTC, the two I have on Vinyl, and they seeped into my sub-conscious from him, much like ELO's 'Discovery' which he played and I hated.  Now it's one of my favourite albums.

Cheers Man.

Ant

Skylarking is probably their best album, very psych pop. Dear God was the lead single from that. Oranges and Lemons is also worth a listen, but there are gems of songs on all their albums.

• Like 2

Just finished LRB's "Sleeper Catcher" Oz 1st pressing..... a polished and relaxing little rocker, superbly recorded.

Related image

......and now signing out with Sade's "Stronger Than Pride" Oz 1st pressing.?

Image result for sade stronger than pride

Another fun fact: I am sitting here admiring the SQ of this Australian pressing. According to Discogs, the Oz release of this album was mastered by a local, Steve-Smart and he has done a fine job on this album. It's no surprise, he's been around awhile:

Steve Smart

Australian mastering engineer, working with EMI Studios 301 (1991 to 1999)/Studios 301, Sydney (1999 to 2006)/301 Studios, Sydney (2006 to the present).
Trademark: Å or "A Smart Cut"

In his time at Studios 301 he has mastered for the likes of Washington, PNAU, You Am I, The Jezabels, Crowded House, The Living End, Midnight Oil, The Cruel Sea, Icehouse, Grinspoon, Spiderbait, Kasey Chambers, Lee Kernaghan, Empire Of The Sun, The Presets, Josh Pike, Regurgitator and Parkway Drive.

Many of these albums have reached multi-platinum sales and received ARIA and Golden Guitar Awards.

Before joining Studios 301 in 1991, Steve worked for the recording department of CBS Records (later becoming Sony Music). Much of his time there was spent cutting vinyl for the Australian releases of artists such as Michael Jackson, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Zappa, Fleetwood Mac, The Cure, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Joy Division, Faith No More and Sade.
Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

To Top