Currently Spinning

Underworld - Barbara Barbara We Face A Shining Future

On a bit of an Underworld thing...and now they are touring.  If that is what an obsession does i may need to move to 4 days straight of Radiohead and see whether that makes them recognise the southern hemisphere.

Image result for Underworld - Barbara Barbara We Face A Shining Future

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dilettanteque said:

Underworld - Barbara Barbara We Face A Shining Future

On a bit of an Underworld thing...and now they are touring.  If that is what an obsession does i may need to move to 4 days straight of Radiohead and see whether that makes them recognise the southern hemisphere.

Image result for Underworld - Barbara Barbara We Face A Shining Future

I think this was the one @Dave O))) posted a while back. Underworld with The Necks.

• Like 2

One of those albums I picked up on the cheap when JB were clearing the decks years ago and it's a pretty good compilation.

The Pure - V/A

1    --K-Os    The Rain    
2    –Damn!    Spooky Nerd Pt. 2    
3    –Zilverzurf    A Moment Of Dub    
4    –Waldeck    Memories    
5    –Parov Stelar    Shine    
6    –Kieser.Velten    Bossa Jam    
7    –DJ Disse    Break On Through    
8    –Belleruche    Northern Girl    
9    –Cay Taylan    Pop (Dublex Inc Yllegal Mix)    
10    –All Good Funk Alliance    The One    
11    –Rodney Hunter    Huntermatic    
12    –Karuan    The Holy Is Under The Light    
13    –Wahoo    Damn (You're Here)    
14    –Guts    And The Living Is Easy    
15    –The Dynamics (3)    Seven Nation Army

The first track

Hey Guys...

Had a pretty chaotic weekend, helping some friends move house.  Taking today off for a rest finally...

One we don't see posted here very often, but a really great sounding band and record...

John Cougar Mellencamp  'Scarecrow'  1985 Mercury Records. PolyGram Records, Aust.

64088335_JohnCougarMellencampScarecrow1985MercuryRecords.PolyGramRecordsAust_x750.jpg.aa32e318dabad72323f758efd6bf56ca.jpg

Queen  'Live Magic'  1986 EMI Records, Aust.                                                                        Richard Clapton  'Solidarity'  1984 Mushroom Records, Aust. Festival, Aust.

1439550298_QueenLiveMagic1986EMIRecordsAust_x750.jpg.773dd8cbc9c4c687b414b35062316cf1.jpg    1887552131_RichardClaptonSolidarity1984MushroomRecordsAust.FestivalAust_x750.jpg.11494096efdd41236bb8df62bea91343.jpg

• Like 4

On 17/03/2019 at 6:55 PM, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Putumayo presents Blues Lounge.

images (47).jpeg

Just bought my first Putumayo lp - Vintage Latino for $20 and really surprised at the quality of the record. 

I'll definitely be looking out for any more in the series as not only is the music fantastic, it is made even more so by the superb production.

a1152263948_10.jpg

• Like 2

TRIPLE J'S LIKE A VERSION ANTHOLOGY: BEST OF VOLUMES 1-5. 

Man I love a great cover version and there are plenty on this one. Hey there spinners. Some nice rain and cooled off a little in SEQ.

IMG_20190402_160745.jpg

• Like 2

More 'Straits' style with David Knopfler "Release" Oz 1st pressing.....his first solo release after leaving Dire Straits. Brother Mark and John Illsley play on this also, it's quite good. His vocals are very 'Knopfler'.

Related image
Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, stevoz said:

Just finished LRB's "Sleeper Catcher" Oz 1st pressing..... a polished and relaxing little rocker, superbly recorded.

Related image

......and now signing out with Sade's "Stronger Than Pride" Oz 1st pressing.?

Image result for sade stronger than pride

Another fun fact: I am sitting here admiring the SQ of this Australian pressing. According to Discogs, the Oz release of this album was mastered by a local, Steve-Smart and he has done a fine job on this album. It's no surprise, he's been around awhile:

Steve Smart

Australian mastering engineer, working with EMI Studios 301 (1991 to 1999)/Studios 301, Sydney (1999 to 2006)/301 Studios, Sydney (2006 to the present).
Trademark: Å or "A Smart Cut"

In his time at Studios 301 he has mastered for the likes of Washington, PNAU, You Am I, The Jezabels, Crowded House, The Living End, Midnight Oil, The Cruel Sea, Icehouse, Grinspoon, Spiderbait, Kasey Chambers, Lee Kernaghan, Empire Of The Sun, The Presets, Josh Pike, Regurgitator and Parkway Drive.

Many of these albums have reached multi-platinum sales and received ARIA and Golden Guitar Awards.

Before joining Studios 301 in 1991, Steve worked for the recording department of CBS Records (later becoming Sony Music). Much of his time there was spent cutting vinyl for the Australian releases of artists such as Michael Jackson, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Zappa, Fleetwood Mac, The Cure, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Joy Division, Faith No More and Sade.

Steve cut the recent Midnight Oil vinyl box set.  Overall not a bad job, but Place Without a Postcard destroys the original pressings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, metal beat said:

Steve cut the recent Midnight Oil vinyl box set.  Overall not a bad job, but Place Without a Postcard destroys the original pressings. 

I've been wanting "Place Without A Postcard" on LP....can the latest cut be bought separately?

4 minutes ago, stevoz said:

I've been wanting "Place Without A Postcard" on LP....can the latest cut be bought separately?

Yes, you can get it from JB.  definitely recommended.  grab it.

Robert Forster ‎– Songs To Play. sniffing around to get his new one on vinyl.

[IMG]

• Like 2

20190402_184227-02.jpeg

William Ackerman - Turtle's Navel -- collection of early 1970s solo guitar recordings, on Windham Hill.

Edit: The very first Windham Hill LP, I think. Released way back in 1976.

--Geoff 

Edited by hired goon
  • Like 2