Currently Spinning

Hi All,

On 30/08/2019 at 2:47 PM, needlerunner said:

Hi JJ  just had a listen on Spotify. Quite like them. You would probably like a similar band called Daughter, if you are not aware of them.

Not to be confused with Daughters which is a heavy metal band. Lol.

When are your Gezpacho records arriving? I'm loving my record of theirs, Night. 

Next week hopefully :thumb: @BuzzzFuzzz , have heaps of enjoyment with the new TT ?

Currently play Pink Floyd, A Momentary Lapse of Reason

1675989135_LapseOfReason.jpg.bb1bbb2607c0ca97fdb5de402c69efdd.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 5

all this talk  about the new Tool album got me to give Tool a physical spin.

Tool  ‎– Ænima - original 1996 US pressing.  wonderful kick asss sound.   these things go for over $700. crazy.    time for a repress.

FN3G0J4.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Afternoon gents.

@stevoz    @metal beat

One happy camper here right now.

My new turntable arrived yesterday, four sleeps after ordering from Selby Acoustics.  Set up this morning and hooked up just now as I'm on a break before heading in for dinner service.

The manual shows four feet for this unit, but only three were to be found.  Looking on the bottom of the deck showed two feet attached and one in the box to be fitted, there was only one thread in the rear centre where the third foot would stand.  A quick call to Selby just to confirm that the manual was incorrect and all good.

I moved the position of Amp & TT table, also the speakers; everything was cleaned and vacuumed this morning ready for my afternoon break.

Currently spinning one of the better sounding records for its debut...

Roxy Music  'Avalon'  1982 E.G Records Ltd. PolyGram, Aust.

1574202418_RoxyMusicAvalon1982E.GRecordsLtd.PolyGramAust..JPG.637447d4c7ad096dcabdc6e6d30108f2.JPG

I was resting the phone of the table to take this pic, and didn't want to risk a bump, hence the tonearm raised.

Pure delight!!!    From the first note I had an ear to ear smile.

I'm working another split tomorrow (Sunday), so Monday will be my detailed listening day.  Stay tuned.

Cheers.

Ant.

megalike!!    well done Ant    look forward to further thoughts and if it can rock out!!

• Like 1

May have played Fear Inoculum a couple of times today.  :whistle:

And Hope Drone's new album released yesterday as well.  So that got a spin.  Not sure I like it quite as much as Cloak of Ash.  It's probably more just black metal as opposed to post-metal I think.  Definite wall of noise going on again.  But certainly doesn't suck, so need to give it more listens.

a2625076714_16.jpg

https://hopedrone.bandcamp.com/album/void-lustre

Then switched it up a fair bit with some John Zorn.  One of my favourites of his.

61jQMNan0SL._SX355_.jpg

• Like 1

Manfred Mann's Earth Band "The Good Earth" Oz 1st pressing.....with two great versions of two excellent Spectrum/Mike Rudd songs on side one (Launching Place and I'll Be Gone).  Nice prog rock album this one....

https://img.discogs.com/MO5j4Ps0ng_QLf2N8aUClp1T5aU=/fit-in/600x598/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-1360666-1369828979-9658.jpeg.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 5

Had to give my most recent vinyl a spin tonight...

Muse  'Simulation Theory'  2018 Warner Music, U.K. Made in E.U.

1587616325_MuseSimulationTheory2018WarnerMusicU.K.MadeinE.U..JPG.f1ecbfa1383c36fc99a9a2292e13fea1.JPG

Wonderful.

This best thing I've done for myself in a long time, will be difficult deciding what to play for a while.

Next purchase will be a stylus pressure scale.  Kicking myself I didn't order one with the deck.

Then a nice lamp so I can see and get better pics.

• Like 5

Cedric - Press Pause (Part One) -- A lubberly mix for Father's Day. This one is mainly piano based and features the likes of A Winged Victory For The Sullen, Bing & Ruth, Nils Frahm, Gonzales, Jóhann Jóhannsson, etc.  There's a Part Two available as well. Free MP3 download from Headphone Commute.

--Geoff

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

DJ Krush - Jaku.

images - 2019-08-31T203412.622.jpeg

I have that on SACD , good album. 

Anyhow listening to the new LDR album NFR (Father's Day prezzie) Gonna have to say I am a fan of hers ( tho a lot of people aren't) I like her music and lyrics on everyday America. This album is more mellow than previous maybe more ballady - no duets with rappers, more strings n things. Production seems good and not a loud recording.  

One that bugs me tho, I picked up the cd for $20, but for the record you are looking at $70 seriously wtf 

image.jpeg

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, hired goon said:

New Lana and new Tool on the same day and I haven't got either yet ... getting slack in my old age ?

--Geoff

But also been playing , so it's kinda girls with electronics day today 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Monk said:

Some late night music not late at all with Hungry Ghosts.

This is relaxing.

a2070075639_16.jpg

https://hungry-ghosts.bandcamp.com/album/hungry-ghosts-lp

Ooh. I have a tale.

so, one cold Melbourne night in the mid-90s we were dragging ourselves hither and yon through the streets and byways of Melbourne town. We were descending the steps to the subway under flinders Street station when we heard this ethereal violin sound reverberating up the tunnel followed by this almighty thump and we were just like "what the f**k was that?"

As we got down to below ground level we saw a few guys just starting to busk halfway up the tunnel. One was playing the violin, one was playing guitar and, I s**t you not, one had set up a vibraphone in the flinders Street subway and was also "playing" an empty fire extinguisher. The thud we heard was the violinist marking a slow, lazy tempo by mule-kicking the large, prone wheelie bin he was standing in front of which would make the whole tunnel thrum with each beat. It was like the heartbeat of a volcano. 

We we sat there and watched and listened until some need or other took us away after a while. We saw the Hungry Ghosts a bunch of times at various pubs and bars from then on and I think a band I was in even shared the bill with them on one occasion a few years later but that happy little accident is one of my favourite Melbourne musical experiences of all time. 

Happy listening!

Edited by RankStranger
  • Like 2