Currently Spinning

Morning all, all the best to everyone for the year. 

Took the dogs for an early walk before its get a little toasty. Dropped in and collected the mail, this arrived, now settling in to a bit of 

Mark Lanegan Band- Blues Funeral.   Found out about him on Zu Audio you tube clips. Sounded okay, googled the album, bit of a listen, as always, not bad. Pressed at Optimal.

Matt

IMG_0941.JPG

• Like 2

LAzy Sat morning, haven't moved from the listening room since 5am. A steady diet of websites and

http://www.soundstation.dk/images/products/large/32/139532-a.JPG

http://www.djouls.com/bonobo/images/Bonobo-Days_To_Come_promo_b.jpg

http://gerald-kleinle.de/wp-content/uploads/images/favoriten/officium_jan-garbarek.jpg

http://deadoceans.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/DOC121-581x581.jpg

Really like Ryley Walker

• Like 6

Read some reviews this morning of Avenged Sevenfold's latest release, The Stage, all reviewers rated it very highly, most having it their top 5 Heavy Metal albums for 2016.

On my first listen, what a great album, the production is excellent.

IMG_0107.JPG

• Like 1

How great is this photo of a rock n roll band

Graham Parker and The Rumour

One of the all time great bands 

Howlin Wind his first record

Saw them play a couple of times in the late 70's I think 

A very small person with a big voice and a killer band

IMG_0993.JPG

• Like 4

I think this is the best sounding Les Paul guitar I have heard.

Blues For Greeny is a 1995 cover album by Gary Moore in honour of Peter Green, founder of the band Fleetwood Mac.

The album was recorded using the same 1959 Les Paul Standard used to record the original tracks, Green having loaned and then sold the guitar to Moore after leaving Fleetwood Mac.

IMG_0108.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, awayward said:

Blues For Greeny is a 1995 cover album by Gary Moore in honour of Peter Green, founder of the band Fleetwood Mac.

The album was recorded using the same 1959 Les Paul Standard used to record the original tracks, Green having loaned and then sold the guitar to Moore after leaving Fleetwood Mac.

IMG_0108.JPG

Awesome album, love Gary Moore. Too bad he passed away...

• Like 2

IMG_0108.JPG

Apparently, Peter Green took his Les Paul in to get fixed, they reversed the pick-up accidentally, (reversed the polarity of the magnet) and the rest is history!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Metamatic said:

some laid back Morcheeba

31295190734_172b3767b4_b.jpg

I was surprised at how good this album is. I don't know why but as it seems an age since Big Calm and Skye had gone and come back I wasn't holding out high hopes but I really like it.

• Like 1

IMG_0108.JPG

Vinyl or CD?

71vEd83UO3L._SX522_.jpg

America - Definitive Pop Collection -- Easing into Sunday morning with this compilation. Covers the period from 1972 to 1977, and is worth getting because it includes the original mixes of the hits that were later remixed by George Martin for the big-selling History album. The mastering on this 2006 Rhino 2xCD is surprisingly good as well. 

--Geoff

• Like 5

71vEd83UO3L._SX522_.jpg
America - Definitive Pop Collection -- Easing into Sunday morning with this compilation. Covers the period from 1972 to 1977, and is worth getting because it includes the original mixes of the hits that were later remixed by George Martin for the big-selling History album. The mastering on this 2006 Rhino 2xCD is surprisingly good as well. 

--Geoff

This would have the original album mixes of Sandman and A Horse With No Name, much better mixes IMO. That first album is very good.

59 minutes ago, LuzArt said:

How's Tracker on vinyl? I was disappointed with the vinyl of Kill To Get Crimson.

I can't fault it. Excellent sonics, perfect pressing. Pressed in the EU but I don't know who did it. My copy of Kill To Get Crimson was the same but I haven't listened to that for a while though I can't recall anything amiss.

Edited by Hergest

I also found the white vinyl very good and certainly one of my better coloured vinyl. Then I picked up the black vinyl from JB and in a direct comparison, the black is clearly more dynamic.

Yes - I listened to both with Greg and agree. You wouldn't be unhappy at all with the white. Black has the edge though.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk