Currently Spinning

On 9/27/2016 at 1:46 PM, o2so said:

I have been looking for some serious cello-based post rock / nu classic for a while and here is my best find so far.

954c5862e5d7ecb470a855c99b426af8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far Kurnell I've had a sh!tty week at work.  This has been just the tonic to salve jangled nerves, etc.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I'm streaming through Tidal as I type this and beginning to feel half human once again.  

• Like 3

Guest jakeyb77

Finally came!!! Not a signed copy as I ordered but came with a signed promo leaflet. Such an honest musician. Very good sound quality. Great work by Nick Didia
09d6cb79e54e1c7ef639fef42d06ef43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently spinning the brand new , just released  album here in OZ 

Being a Ginormous fan of both these guys .....If this was made into a Blu Ray ....FARRK Awesome 

God bless JJ Cale !!

10557338_10152586898576602_5978912832788295157_n.jpg

093624915157.jpg

Edited by Mr 57
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2016 at 6:37 PM, carlcip said:

Mine did have that dreaded line of paper crumbs across the top of the record when I pulled it out of the sleeve, but a good wipe with damp microfibre got rid of it easily. No scuffs or other marks that I could see and very quiet, for now, no pops or clicks. I don't know why a premium product is still being packaged in those terrible paper sleeves though. How much money could they possibly be saving? 

On 9/12/2016 at 9:12 PM, Citroen said:

Been reading that the vinyl copies are arriving all dirty, scuffed and in need of good cleans. And in quite a few cases uncleanable!

Here's hoping mine's OK! 

re: NIck Cave - SKELETON KEY vinyl

Well... mine arrived today and its a P.O.S slab of vinyl and badly scuffed. 

Its been a LONG LONG time since I've had a record that actually got stuck in the groove, even AFTER cleaning! :(And in THREE places! WTF!

Such a shame, as I love the content and so will get the CD instead and hopefully there will be a CLEAN repress on vinyl soon.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Citroen said:

Its been a LONG LONG time since I've had a record that actually got stuck in the groove, even AFTER cleaning! :(And in THREE places! WTF!

Such a shame, as I love the content and so will get the CD instead and hopefully there will be a CLEAN repress on vinyl soon.

Oh dear. My copy has been sitting unopened for over a week in anticipation of a listen tomorrow night after a cart swap... Oh dear indeed.

Neil Young and the wonderful Nils Lofgren

out of his tree touring England in support of Harvest

at least that is what the audience thought

what they got was the grim drug addled Tonight's The Night performance 

not a cheerful tour

IMG_0067.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Citroen said:

Mine arrived not only filthy dirty with a trail of crumbs that would have served Hansel and Gretel many an adventure, it also has this big discoloured patch on it.  Luckily I bought from Amazon.  I think I'll just ask for a refund this time rather than a replacement.  Sounds like they're all garbage.  Very disappointing indeed from an artist who should care more.

Image result for nicolas jaar sirens 500 x 500

Right now I'm streaming the new Nicolas Jaar album Sirens.  First listen and it's on my 'to buy' list.  Straight to the pool room with this one.

• Like 5