Currently Spinning

Gave this another spin but loved it first time round, with many thanks to Leigh @@ferchersan, for the headsup :thumb:

Ty Segall - Manipulator

I found him soon after Tame Impala, and kind of a similar eclectic homage mix but whereas they are perhaps Beatles this is more rock/psychedelia, awesome from start to finish..

post-105052-0-77820800-1449473811_thumb.

Edited by likwidsh0k
  • Like 6

Master Musicians of Bukkake "Totem One" (Important) LP

1235493385.png

Akron/Family "Akron/Family" (Young God) 

Akron-Family_-_Akron-Family.jpg

....two of the cooler LP covers you'll come across me thinks!!

Edited by deadc
  • Like 4

51-bGLehg5L._SS280.jpg

Neil Young - Trans -- listened to this one on the spotifies while strolling around the river on me lunch break today. I typically skip the first track (which is a generic Jungian rocker) and jump straight into the rest, where most of the tunes use a vocoder for vocals and have more than a bit of Kraftwerk influence. I got the LP somewhere in the pile ... 

--Geoff

• Like 7

Currently playing Use Me by Vanessa Fernandez - musically and sonically, possibly the best purchase in the last 12 months.

I have that Vanessa Fernandez vinyl too @@glakey, it really is a super production. :thumb:

Keep your eyes open as I've heard her follow up will be of Led Zeppelin covers.

I have that Vanessa Fernandez vinyl too @@glakey, it really is a super production. :thumb:

Keep your eyes open as I've heard her follow up will be of Led Zeppelin covers.

Here is a Mikey Fremmer report on the upcoming album by Ms Fernandez

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/vanessa-fernandez-groove-note-sophomore-effort-coming-spring-2016#gMb9XXYs33is1raV.97

Hopefully, this will be up to the standards of Use Me.

c144dcc51fa1ae294b95c4cdaaa9530a.jpg

GOAT - Live Ballroom Ritual - 2LP, 2013.

World music was my favourite album of 2012. They're playing The Metro in Sydney tonight with King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard. I'm excited!

Is anybody else going?

Cheers,

Leigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@@Tubularbells

How does Central Belters sound? I really want it, but the CODY Box Set was a such a POS that I've held off from buying this.

Thanks,

Leigh

I too was burned with the CODY boxset (pressings were ok but the seam splits on all jackets were awefull)

This release is great so far (up to the 4th LP) pressings are quiet for the most part and as each side only has a few tracks dynamics are intact so these tracks are probably going to sound better than the original release.

Only issue I have so far is the last track on side H where there is a tearing sound for 1-2 secs that occurs twice within the first min. Looking under a magnifying glass it appears to be a pressing defect but wont know for sure until its gone through the RCM.

Overall id say go for it. Great track list and resonably priced at $129.

Edited by Tubularbells
  • Like 2

Thanks @@Tubularbells :thumb:

I'll add it to my next Amazon order.

Cheers,

Leigh

I'd reckon you'd be better buying locally as it a heavy box and and like the CODY box the LP's rattle around inside so any mis-handling and you'll end up with seam splits everywhere. Saw in JB today for $154 but like i said I got mine from an indipendant retailer for $129

• Like 2

I literally just received this LP, delivered by a staff member of Phase 4 Records here in Brisbane. Hows that for service?  :D

The first ever vinyl release of Ed Kueppers Serene Machine album. A sort of rushed play, gotta go to work in an hour.

The image below is from discogs, the vinyl release does NOT have Serene Machine printed on the cover.

R-957691-1445271471-1291.jpeg.jpg

• Like 4

Prince - Art Official Age - 2LP Pallas pressing, mastered by Chris Bellman.  Mixed bag but mainly laid back slow core that needs to few listens for it to sink in - plenty of self sampling of old stuff as well.

pretty cool and luv the fro

a9e77322.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2