Currently Spinning

After dodging the tree funnel webs here while cleaning the yard up for this afternoons freeloaders coming to sample my hickory smoked butteflyed lamb on the weber, I realised it was time for Sunday music that usually leads to wine more often than not.

So slapped this on after finding it in the section titled 'R' .

homepage_large.c676e36a.jpg

Then it's on to this I think which I just found under 'R'DAPT34LP-2.jpg

• Like 4

3 great Nina albums, all on vinyl.

She remains my favorite female artist, currently "the desperate ones",the last song on Nina Simone & Piano is playing.

What a magnificent song on a brilliant album.

post-103759-0-29919100-1426997230.jpg

post-103759-0-96821900-1426997244.jpg

post-103759-0-07793400-1426997276_thumb.

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 4

Alter ego of the Future Sound of London,  Amorphous Androgynous-  The Isness. 2 lp

Liked for the album cover :D;)

Regardless of the aforementioned that is a spectacular photo!

Any take on the tunes? Always like your spins and descriptions of said ear candy...

• Like 1

post-132814-0-29437900-1427001681_thumb.

The sessions for the O.S.T. produced a lot a great music not necessarily chosen for the final cut. Percussion based, and mostly recorded whilst viewing the actual rushes for the movie. Incredibly dynamic, but often down right erie .

post-132814-0-75133500-1427001875_thumb.

Eddie Jobson goes synclavier - everything composed and performed on this, at the time, newish instrument. An early release on ex Tangs member Peter Baumans' ' Private Music' label.Sits right next to my Tangs collection.

post-132814-0-12291600-1427002058_thumb.

Composer Synthesist Suzanne Ciani returns to her parents village of Mirabella in Italy during a long winter, and turns the inspiration into this beautiful suite. Lots of acoustic accompaniment.

Also on the ' Private Music' label.

All three albums are beautifully recorded, dynamically uncompressed, and sadly, hard to find now.

ZM.

• Like 1

Liked for the album cover :D;)

Regardless of the aforementioned that is a spectacular photo!

Any take on the tunes? Always like your spins and descriptions of said ear candy...

Tunes are excellent. Quite grand sounding with strings with a electronic back beat.  Pretty soothing.

Had an afternoon nap - got the webber going for a roast lamb and turned up the music with the black keys - now something smoother but still with some kick - all mixed up cure - awesome afternoon

post-105554-0-81789400-1427006759_thumb.

post-105554-0-00269700-1427006774_thumb.

• Like 3

I woulda described The Isness as full-on psychedelic rock songs and soundscapes straight out of 1967.

--Geoff

Nah, not too rocky imo     1967  psychedelic-ish for sure.

Anyone remember the wonderful Chads Tree - Kerosene.      Have not played it for 15 years and I wonder why not.

1546465.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The sessions for the O.S.T. produced a lot a great music not necessarily chosen for the final cut. Percussion based, and mostly recorded whilst viewing the actual rushes for the movie. Incredibly dynamic, but often down right erie .

That sounds interesting.  Will have to give it a listen.

Felt like something with strings I guess this arvo.  So Ludovico got the gig.

61I774%2B1jgL._SX355_.jpg

Still felt like something a bit soundtracky after that, but wasn't sure, so went with Dead Can Dance.  Love that opening track.

Serpent_egg_-_dead_can_dance_-_front.jpg

Then decided to quicken the pace slightly with Sleepmakeswaves.

SleepmakeswavesAndSoWeDestroyedEverythin

• Like 3

some early Church

Church%20-%20Remote%20luxury%20LP.jpgThe-Church-Persia-129173.jpg

I only have the vinyl EP of Remote Luxury, on EMI Parlophone. Has "Mental Block" on side 1 in deadwax, and on side 2 "The Real Church".  DB also in dead wax both sides. Don Bartley I assume? Sounds very good too. But only 5 tracks.

I might seek out and purchase the full album version though.

Cut at Studio 301.

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 2

I only have the vinyl EP of Remote Luxury, on EMI Parlophone. Has "Mental Block" on side 1 in deadwax, and on side 2 "The Real Church".  DB also in dead wax both sides. Don Bartley I assume? Sounds very good too. But only 5 tracks.

I might seek out and purchase the full album version though.

Cut at Studio 301.

Hi Chris

there never was a full album for Remote Luxury.    Only the ep that you have.   I assume its the cover below thou.

The copy I am playing is a German compilation that includes the songs off the Aussie ep's Remote Luxury and Persia. 5 tracks each gets the 10 songs.    the Aussie EMI and german copies have a slightly different sound quality to enjoy both.  

If you can find an Aussie pressing of Persia, you have all the songs.

Gonna play Sing Songs ep now.

The-Church-Remote-Luxury-444222.jpgThe-Church-Sing-Songs-358963.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

Hi Chris

there never was a full album for Remote Luxury. Only the ep that you have. I assume its the cover below thou.

The copy I am playing is a German compilation that includes the songs off the Aussie ep's Remote Luxury and Persia. 5 tracks each gets the 10 songs. the Aussie EMI and german copies have a slightly different sound quality to enjoy both.

If you can find an Aussie pressing of Persia, you have all the songs.

Gonna play Sing Songs ep now.

The-Church-Remote-Luxury-444222.jpgThe-Church-Sing-Songs-358963.jpg

Thanks Shane. That's the one.

• Like 1

Digging through some boxes of records that have been stored away for years, and I found these two:

IDQCNZd.jpg?142xluNh.jpg?1

Mike Oldfield - Incantations -- 2LP

Mike Oldfield - Exposed -- 2LP, live album.

--Geoff

Any good?

• Like 1