Bluesound Owners & Discussion Thread

Just saw this on the Teddy Pardo Facebook page

There is a new DIY conversion kit so that Teddy Pardo PSUs can be used with the Node 2/2i

Everytime I have used an aftermarket PSU it has brought great results and assume this would too. Might be a good option for some users here.

Post says it is done in about 10 mins with just screwdrivers and is reversible.

• Like 2

NODE 2 with issues

I bought a nODe 2 here a while back and am just getting it going (now that have a house with internet- i was using my phone as a server before and it didnt like that)

Basicallyly I can't get it to work. I have an iphone 6s which is up to date. I start the connection process and the Node 2 blinks , it goes on blinking for some time and the phone app is spinning then eventually the blinking stops, then a bit later the phone app tells me that it encountered an error. Then is settings I discover that its no longer connecting the node hotspot. So maybe after time it looses interest in the process? 

Rather annoyingly the phone also seems to switch out of the home network and into the node one at various times of the day, meaning that I loose me internet connection.

I do have a couple of spare phones (androids) so I will try them when I can find them (still moving into new house)- but any suggestions would be welcome

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/02/2020 at 10:52 AM, JJ Cale said:

Hey all,

Has anyone tried the Node 2 with a Bluetooth transmitter? if so, has it worked ok for you and could you recommend a transmitter with aptx hd?

I was looking at picking up a pair of the popular Sony Wh-1000mx3 headphones and would like to pair it with the Node 2 but from what I understand the bluetooth on the Node is input only.

From memory only 2i support Bluetooth. And I don’t think it support aptx. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, full_dp said:

Hi Guys, 

I have an existing NAD D3020 and planning to upgrade to Bluesound power node 2i. Is there really a significant difference? is it worth the upgrade?

Cheers, 

My gut feeling tells me it probably won’t be a huge difference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, full_dp said:

Hi Guys, 

I have an existing NAD D3020 and planning to upgrade to Bluesound power node 2i. Is there really a significant difference? is it worth the upgrade?

Cheers, 

Difference in sound or user experience? What are you planning to play through the Power Node?

34 minutes ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

Difference in sound or user experience? What are you planning to play through the Power Node?

Difference in sound? Currently im using spotify premium and just subscribed to tidal. Im testing them to hear the difference.

Edited by full_dp

54 minutes ago, TDX said:

From memory only 2i support Bluetooth. And I don’t think it support aptx. 

Using the 2 , The Controller app shows Bluetooth and it also shows up in Bluetooth  in settings on the iPad, but I haven’t seen it working yet( early days )

Edited by Alpine Electrocats

On 26/03/2020 at 10:46 AM, Alpine Electrocats said:

NODE 2 with issues

I bought a nODe 2 here a while back and am just getting it going (now that have a house with internet- i was using my phone as a server before and it didnt like that)

Basicallyly I can't get it to work. I have an iphone 6s which is up to date. I start the connection process and the Node 2 blinks , it goes on blinking for some time and the phone app is spinning then eventually the blinking stops, then a bit later the phone app tells me that it encountered an error. Then is settings I discover that its no longer connecting the node hotspot. So maybe after time it looses interest in the process? 

Rather annoyingly the phone also seems to switch out of the home network and into the node one at various times of the day, meaning that I loose me internet connection.

I do have a couple of spare phones (androids) so I will try them when I can find them (still moving into new house)- but any suggestions would be welcome

@Alpine Electrocats

Did this get solved?

Hoping that connecting to the internet helped.

7 hours ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

If you are not searching for an improvement in the sound why would you consider an upgrade?

Sorry if you misunderstood my reply. I mean im looking for sound quality upgrade.

On 26/03/2020 at 12:46 PM, Alpine Electrocats said:

NODE 2 with issues

Might be a stupid question but have you tried the Quick Start Guide?

https://www.bluesound.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/BLS_NODE-2_QSG_.pdf

1 hour ago, wolster said:

@Alpine Electrocats

Did this get solved?

Hoping that connecting to the internet helped.

Yes , just last week, now that I have moved house it’s good

it needed a direct connection to the router, which was a bit annoying 

Fix
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Alpine Electrocats said:

I just moved all my apple lossless files onto a 1 TB portable hard drive, and the Node  sees it but not the content. Has anyone else had a problem like that? 

@Alpine Electrocats

Try removing the power connector for 10 secs and re-plugging. The Node might then see the files.

No idea if this will work but that it what I would try next ;)

On 12/04/2020 at 5:26 PM, Alpine Electrocats said:

I just moved all my apple lossless files onto a 1 TB portable hard drive, and the Node  sees it but not the content. Has anyone else had a problem like that? 

What file format on the HDD? Maybe the Node doesn't like the file system?

• Like 1

On 12/04/2020 at 9:12 AM, Alpine Electrocats said:

Yes , just last week, now that I have moved house it’s good

it needed a direct connection to the router, which was a bit annoying 

Speaking of such, I have a Vault 2, and suffer the same problem. Has anyone ever successfully connected to the internet by having a Bluesound plugged into a wifi bridge, and the bridge connected to the router via wifi? Direct cabling is going to be a pita for me.

On 12/04/2020 at 5:26 PM, Alpine Electrocats said:

that's how mine works off a samsung 1TB SSD plugged in via usb. worked on node 2 and now node 2i so should work..... just click on the usb... and should show... there are 2 usb showings on the node. check both....

On 20/04/2020 at 6:04 PM, betty boop said:

that's how mine works off a samsung 1TB SSD plugged in via usb. worked on node 2 and now node 2i so should work..... just click on the usb... and should show... there are 2 usb showings on the node. check both....

It turned out that the hard drive was sick ,, reformatted now

On 20/04/2020 at 5:15 PM, t_mike said:

Speaking of such, I have a Vault 2, and suffer the same problem. Has anyone ever successfully connected to the internet by having a Bluesound plugged into a wifi bridge, and the bridge connected to the router via wifi? Direct cabling is going to be a pita for me.

I’m setting that up tonight, will try tomorrow and let you know. I just tried it with a bridge and no dice . It’s not the most powerful bridge , in fact it’s a $12 cheapie, but it works fo other devces

Update

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/04/2020 at 10:48 PM, Alpine Electrocats said:

I’m setting that up tonight, will try tomorrow and let you know. I just tried it with a bridge and no dice . It’s not the most powerful bridge , in fact it’s a $12 cheapie, but it works fo other devces

I had no luck with a bridge, the Vault just didn't want to play. It connected to the internet OK, play lights turned blue, but it wouldn't connect to the operating device. Using an Ethernet over power kit worked a treat and now working perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dr_carl

My experience in running my Node 2 was very much a function of my home network WiFi signal strength and stability. 

When unboxed it was connected by Ethernet to my router and was up and running perfect in 5 minutes...I felt like I was in an ad. Then I get the NBN and can no longer have router wired to the node, so I was forced to connect via WiFi. Not a great experience. Eventually I moved my music to a usb drive connected direct to the node and that works very well indeed, good sound and very stable. Streaming was pain though. 

Problem solved by replacing my router with a mesh system and then assigning IP addresses to everything. 

In short, BluOS is great, but you have to have a good stable well organised home WiFi network.  I was living with a network that was ok for Netflix etc on the telly and browsing on the PC but running a more integrated product requires better infrastructure. 

I find that "nothing good is easy "...thanks for reading. 

Edited by dr_carl