2018 Melbourne International Hi-Fi Show - Reports & Feedback

42 minutes ago, yamaha_man said:

Work mate, sorry.

Glad to hear your doing some.

Nevermind, next time your near Byron i'll make sure I'm available for the IPA's you'll be buying...?

Na if if I recall that table was ripe for picking during the Coopers tasting session (or maybe I just got lucky flogging someone else's beer ?)

Or maybe the fact that they brought out 3 at a time (per person) was becoming confusing? If memory serves didn't you/we end up making a few "blends"?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2018 at 11:43 AM, stevoz said:

Got my tickets to the show ages ago and I've just read this article: https://www.stereo.net.au/news/hot-tips-and-what-to-expect-at-the-2018-australian-record-fair

.....and besides checking out all the gear I can't afford?, I am very excited about this year's 'Record Fair'. I indeed got a few bargains last year but this years offerings sound great so I will be 'financially planning' (some of us have to?) in the lead up to the event, to ensure I can leave this year with plenty more! Really looking forward to this years show!?

Glad you're excited!  :) 

I'm in the middle of pricing everything and the 8 boxes from a certain well known mystery consignor have thrown a few real surprises. More on those later, but the big point at the moment is how many bargains he has. There are quite literally BOX LOADS of $2 specials here. 

To clarify: these are NOT the $2 crap you'd rather throw under a bus than let near your t/table. These are lesser titles, in often pristine, NM condition inside the sleeves. Big runs of artists like Roy Buchanan, Alice Cooper,  Dylan, Chicago, lots of 80's AUS bands and solos, quite a few 'audiophile' presses from the same period, and an entire crate of AUS World Record Club releases covering some bands and *very* heavy on the classical tip. A lot of stuff I don't normally see about, in this condition.

What it's worth to you will be debatable, but I can tell you it won't cost you more than $2 and about 5 minutes of flicking to find out.  :)    Knowing a few of you love the big bargain boxes, which I seldomly offer in my normal classified ads, you'll be in heaven here instead.  Plenty of others at $5 and $10 too....well worth a look for everyone.

Sneak peaks will start appearing the week before on both Instagram (Australian Record Fair 2018) and Facebook (Australian Record Fair 2018), so keep one eye on them too.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, candyflip said:

Glad you're excited!  :) 

I'm in the middle of pricing everything and the 8 boxes from a certain well known mystery consignor have thrown a few real surprises. More on those later, but the big point at the moment is how many bargains he has. There are quite literally BOX LOADS of $2 specials here. 

To clarify: these are NOT the $2 crap you'd rather throw under a bus than let near your t/table. These are lesser titles, in often pristine, NM condition inside the sleeves. Big runs of artists like Roy Buchanan, Alice Cooper,  Dylan, Chicago, lots of 80's AUS bands and solos, quite a few 'audiophile' presses from the same period, and an entire crate of AUS World Record Club releases covering some bands and *very* heavy on the classical tip. A lot of stuff I don't normally see about, in this condition.

What it's worth to you will be debatable, but I can tell you it won't cost you more than $2 and about 5 minutes of flicking to find out.  :)    Knowing a few of you love the big bargain boxes, which I seldomly offer in my normal classified ads, you'll be in heaven here instead.  Plenty of others at $5 and $10 too....well worth a look for everyone.

Sneak peaks will start appearing the week before on both Instagram (Australian Record Fair 2018) and Facebook (Australian Record Fair 2018), so keep one eye on them too.

Sounds great.....hope there's plenty left for me to peruse on the Sunday.?

We've been chatting about this for a little while now and decided that CASH WILL BE AVAILABLE at the Show for those that need it.

If you run out of the folding stuff at the Record Fair, or at Vendor stands, or even at the Snack Bar, cash can be obtained through the usual methods/card options at the Hi Fi Show Ticket Desk (downstairs at the front door) through their EFTPOS machine.

Nice one. ?

• Like 1

On 14/08/2018 at 11:20 AM, Marc said:

JBL is owned by HARMAN, which incidentally yes, is owned by Samsung. No change in local distribution however.

The 4367's will be at the show, along with K2's and many other speakers within the JBL range.

Just talked to convoy and they aren't bringing the 4367. Damn, that was a big reason i was coming down :(

8 minutes ago, Grizzly said:
39 minutes ago, scuzzii said:
on our way!!!   looking forward to seeing many familiar faces.

See you there John!!

I may even have my Grizzy limited edition best ever reissue audiophile LP Satchel....

• Like 1