NBN recommendation

Guest palexsia

1 hour ago, evil c said:

Thanks for the heads up,  looking at it however seems to have limitations on accessing. 

Running a fetch set top with Netflix to the big screen,  it appears I would need a Telstra TV set top to run Kayo.

There's an Apple TV app too if your TV or fetch can't get stream Kayo. I haven't tried yet. I'm still with Foxtel till GoT finishes then I'm out. Fox sports app can even stream you the footy shows for around $5 a month. Much better than the $100 a month I'm paying for Foxtel.

Saw some big works going on in a pit up the street from me, and I'm meant to get NBN this month... But can still stream HD Netflix or Youtube via my ADSL2 connection, but only because my kids aren't old enough to get internet access without us

• Like 2

5 hours ago, blybo said:

There's an Apple TV app too if your TV or fetch can't get stream Kayo. I haven't tried yet. I'm still with Foxtel till GoT finishes then I'm out. Fox sports app can even stream you the footy shows for around $5 a month. Much better than the $100 a month I'm paying for Foxtel.

Saw some big works going on in a pit up the street from me, and I'm meant to get NBN this month... But can still stream HD Netflix or Youtube via my ADSL2 connection, but only because my kids aren't old enough to get internet access without us

Hmm, the Apple TV STB isn't exxy and looks like it supports 4k so future proof.

Tempting to replace the cheap Fetch STB with it and will solve issues such as accessing surround sound to my processor.

Watchya reckon al ? @betty boop 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, evil c said:

Ok, finally have a tentative NBN connection date in mid April so the providers have started circling me - TPG and iiNet among others.

With the abysmal non sport coverage on FTA, my question is who offers bundles besides Telstra?

Couldn't stomach joining up after all the horror stories, although I did relent and sign up to a very good phone plan via JB HiFi.

Or am I better off going with a reliable provider and buying a sport package elsewhere?

Someone mentioned to me he got an Optus commercial type NBN connection which is much better than the standard home one and all you need to qualify is have an ABN number.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Optus gives 2 free sport channels and free fetch mighty... we never watch the sports so no idea on quality or content

4 minutes ago, evil c said:

Hmm, the Apple TV STB isn't exxy and looks like it supports 4k so future proof.

Tempting to replace the cheap Fetch STB with it and will solve issues such as accessing surround sound to my processor.

Watchya reckon al ? @betty boop 

Have both. Can’t replace a fetch mighty with an appletv. Both have their place ...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, betty boop said:

Have both. Can’t replace a fetch mighty with an appletv. Both have their place ...

Great another one to add to the 16 other powered devices! ?

Apple does Netflix too so does much of what I use the Fetch Mini for. 

26 minutes ago, evil c said:

Great another one to add to the 16 other powered devices! ?

Apple does Netflix too so does much of what I use the Fetch Mini for. 

Appletv is probably more usebto us in the apple world. May not be as useful if not locked in there :D

Appletv is probably more usebto us in the apple world. May not be as useful if not locked in there [emoji3]
Can report after much cursing and fumbling in the dark with little or no instructions from Apple, Kayo sports is working admirably on the big screen with the Apple TV.
Much sport to catch up on after the FTA Tv drought!
1553249969245.jpeg
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, evil c said:

Can report after much cursing and fumbling in the dark with little or no instructions from Apple

I did warn its more for those in the apple world :D 

6 minutes ago, evil c said:

Kayo sports is working admirably on the big screen with the Apple TV.

welcome to the dark side :party

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, betty boop said:

I did warn its more for those in the apple world :D 

welcome to the dark side :party

I am indeed an android Man , a pox on the non cooperative inflexible Apple system! ?

Android or Apple ?....toes in both water bowls.

Was going to sign up to Kayo after changing isp, and also purchase Netflix.

Went to cancel Foxtel but was given another 12 months of HD sports for $38 month.

Could not argue with that.

Re streaming to big tv,....bought a lightning to hdmi cable,...plug and play iPad to tv..now after the swap around, we ended up with Netflix and an extra 50G for only an extra $4 per month more. Shows ya have to shop around ?

2 hours ago, Mr 57 said:

Android or Apple ?....toes in both water bowls.

Was going to sign up to Kayo after changing isp, and also purchase Netflix.

Went to cancel Foxtel but was given another 12 months of HD sports for $38 month.

Could not argue with that.

Re streaming to big tv,....bought a lightning to hdmi cable,...plug and play iPad to tv..now after the swap around, we ended up with Netflix and an extra 50G for only an extra $4 per month more. Shows ya have to shop around ?

Have heard of long term customers getting good deals with Foxtel,  Good if you are in that situation for sure.

• Like 1