NBN recommendation

Guest palexsia

Guest palexsia

Finally my area have the NBN just about 4 months now . I’m with Optus broadband and received couple letters tell me by the end of this months they will disconnect me if I’m not change to NBN . What bother me is i can not find a positive review on NBN providers  , poor level services , speed is not what you paid for ..... when call only wait around 20’ or more then talk to a call centre , someone oversea who there to sale company products more than an expert to help fixing problems . My two neighbors are IT engineer and work at home , one with Optus other with Telstra and they are not too happy with both of them , speed is problems , services level Telstra is more helpful than Optus that the feed back i had with my two expert IT neighbor both of them paid top bracket for the services , other people i ask is like we are at theirs mercy and mostly we get the blame of not using correct modem .....or what ever they say  . I found one company on google name ‘ Mate communicate” Australian own have more good feed back than some providers . Can anyone who with this company in Melbourne surrounds suburbs  give some feed back please . I’m not looking for cheap rate as currently i paid almost $100.00 a month with Optus bundle , all i want is good services , no oversea call centre or Any good NBN provider you guys using please let we know . Thanks you very much 

I've been with Internode for years before NBN and now with NBN competitive rates best company for support and reliable service pity they were bought out by IiNet who are rubbish at providing customer service and the like but Internode still continue to provide the same good service as before must have kept the same staff on, anyway if you ask for support from them Internode you get an Aussie voice IiNET you get someone in India. 

30 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Interested in this too.

I'm on Telstra cable - so I guess that makes me HFC too....

does that mean if I want to stay on HFC (do I?) that I have to stay with Telstra?

I too am on Telstra cable.

Guest Eggcup The Daft
18 minutes ago, BATMAQN said:

I've been with Internode for years before NBN and now with NBN competitive rates best company for support and reliable service pity they were bought out by IiNet who are rubbish at providing customer service and the like but Internode still continue to provide the same good service as before must have kept the same staff on, anyway if you ask for support from them Internode you get an Aussie voice IiNET you get someone in India. 

Thing is with takeovers, they eventually "merge" the services to "improve your experience".Hopefully there will be a few teething problems and you can keep the better customer service for a bit longer...

Hands down Aussie Broadband. Don't let the name put you off.

They have a totally Australian call centre and are one of the very few ISPs who won't "oversell " connections in an area where there is congestion, this happens when 80% of their bandwidth capacity is reached

If this happens they will advise you when they have purchased more CVC capacity in your area and their speeds and stability are outstanding even in peak periods. They are based in Melbourne and the customer service is second -to- none.

Give them a call or you can chat online

https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/

• Like 3

Leaptel are really good.

MR is very hit and miss. Some people love them, others hate them, but with the NBN there are many variables. Certainly Leaptel and Aussie have infinitely better support and service. Telecube and Infinity telco are also worth a look

Guest palexsia
2 hours ago, Eggcup The Daft said:

What connection type are you getting? It may be relevant to the answer.

100 mps , the fastest speed of nbn in case if they go slow I still may be able to use it .

4 minutes ago, palexsia said:

100 mps , the fastest speed of nbn in case if they go slow I still may be able to use it .

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You need to find out what type of connection you have and this is nothing to do with speed. it may be FTTP, FTTN or several other things

A good ISP or the NBN themselves should be able to give you an estimate of what speeds you can achieve on your connection. There is no point buying a 100 mbps plan and find out that your connection maximum speed is only 45mbps. In that example you would be best to buy a 50mbps plan as there is no point paying for something your line cannot ever deliver

Edited by rantan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Can we rely on these estimates or will they just be making it up as they go along ?

Any reputable company will be able to tell you with pretty good accuracy. ( the info they get is from the NBN )

If they say they cannot or try to skirt around the issue,it is a good idea to not deal with them. To find out, call a few of them and see how the call centre staff answer the question.

Also ask them if they have sufficient CVC capacity and what speeds you are likely to achieve in peak periods. Most will either be clueless or put you off in some manner, but companies like Aussie or Leaptel or Telecube are very helpful and upfront

2 hours ago, Eggcup The Daft said:

Thing is with takeovers, they eventually "merge" the services to "improve your experience".Hopefully there will be a few teething problems and you can keep the better customer service for a bit longer...

You're right I've been waiting for that to happen hopefully it won't.

Like BATMAQN I've been happy with Internode for years. I've had no problems for the last 18 months on NBN. Their help centre (for SA at least) is in Adelaide.

When bought out by iiNet they kept on the staff and the general manager who had set it up in the first place.

I haven't tried anyone else in years but did have issues with Optus help/service before that.

Guest palexsia

Optus is no good any time you have a problem and want to speak to technical staff you have to wait at least 30’ or more then if you try online chance to get answer is few days through mail . I’m going to disconnect with them , the service is awful plus theirs call centre is oversea and difficult to hear or understand other English accent especially through bad reception microphone line . I’m with them more than 20 years now but the longer i stay the worst i had . Last time  (September) i can’t  have email for 3 weeks because they have a bug in theirs system . This time they sent me letters threatening disconnect if I’m not switching to nbn . And Optus nbn review is one of the baddest one on nbn provider review .

Edited by palexsia

1 hour ago, GregWormald said:

Like BATMAQN I've been happy with Internode for years. I've had no problems for the last 18 months on NBN. Their help centre (for SA at least) is in Adelaide.

When bought out by iiNet they kept on the staff and the general manager who had set it up in the first place.

I haven't tried anyone else in years but did have issues with Optus help/service before that.

I too used Internode (ADSL) for many years - I probably started with them in the mid 1990s - and was very happy with them.  Then about four years ago we retired and stopped using our landline.  Since I can't get Naked ADSL here and we now spend quite a bit of time travelling, we decided to dispense with our landline and make do with wireless Telstra dongles for our internet needs.

Not quite two months ago, NBN (FTTN) became available at home so we signed up for it.  Some research on Whirlpool revealed that many posters there regard Aussie Broadband as the "new Internode".  We liked the fact that they have no "unlimited" plans and no lock in contracts.  So we signed up for their 50/20 plan with 500 Gb a month.  Very happy so far, I have yet to run a speed test where speeds have fallen below 40 Mbs.  We have only had one interruption of service so far and that one was acknowledged almost instantly by Aussie Broadband and cleared up within about an hour.  Thus far, I'm a satisfied customer

We have finally been given the nbn option after 12months wait ! We get it In a couple of weeks

Going to stick with Optus. We keep our fetch mighty and get the kids channel for free, unlimited 100mbps(or what ever that turns out to be) and all at same cost as what were paying before.

anyways let’s see...

22 hours ago, :) al said:

We have finally been given the nbn option after 12months wait ! We get it In a couple of weeks

Going to stick with Optus. We keep our fetch mighty and get the kids channel for free, unlimited 100mbps(or what ever that turns out to be) and all at same cost as what were paying before.

anyways let’s see...

If you are staying with Optus, expect lots of congestion and slow speeds in peak hours  (5-9pm)  Your 100mbps will likely achieve 15-35 in this time period

46 minutes ago, rantan said:

If you are staying with Optus, expect lots of congestion and slow speeds in peak hours  (5-9pm)  Your 100mbps will likely achieve 15-35 in this time period

Will be heaps better than the sub 3mbps we get now !

15-35 is plenty not planning on anything akin to 100mbps

Just now, :) al said:

Will be heaps better than the sub 3mbps we get now !

15-35 is plenty not planning on anything akin to 100mbps

Fair enough. In which case it may not be worth paying for a 100mbps plan. Just go with 25

• Like 1