Vinyl - Currently Spinning

11 minutes ago, ppaul said:

I now have the 50th anniversary half speed master, seems to have a little more clarity than the RSD version, I believe both were cut from digital masters, oh and I only discovered Leaf Hound via Orange Goblin covering Freelance Fiend and Unida covered Stray

IMG_0760.jpeg

Thanks for that! I have had the 2015 Repertoire half speed one for some time, it sounds pretty good (I assume it is essentially the same as the 50th looking at Discogs) - particularly considering cost of an original one. 😳

I was wondering how the RSD stacked up, sounds like no real need to upgrade!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AFCAD said:

Thanks for that! I have had the 2015 Repertoire half speed one for some time, it sounds pretty good (I assume it is essentially the same as the 50th looking at Discogs) - particularly considering cost of an original one. 😳

I was wondering how the RSD stacked up, sounds like no real need to upgrade!!

I wanted to compare the two out of curiosity, either one are good, I’m certainly not gonna drop $6k on an original pressing

• Like 1

JOSHUA RIFKIN    —    PIANO RAGS BY SCOTT JOPLIN (1868 - 1917)    —   US  NONESUCH H•71248  ℗ 1970

Mastered by Bob Ludwig at Sterling Sound, 110 West 57th Street, New York

Pressed at Specialty Records Corporation, 1400 East Lackawanna Avenue, Olyphant, PA 18447

JoshuaRifkin.jpg

• Like 10

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Kicking Against the Pricks

Typical, one of my old Nick Cave LPs had grunge on it. Lucky for water and cloths its good as new now.

171439712145398192001949959897.jpg

Edited by Me2also
2nd Ed.
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

I had a conversation with another SNA member on Sunday and we had an enjoyable chat about many things audio related, but we also discussed bluegrass music. I know bluegrass would not be everyone's choice of music genre, but I really enjoy it and some recordings can really deliver with great SQ and dynamics. If I were to get a request for bluegrass music, these two below are my go to albums.

Larry McNeely - Confederation. 33rpm D2D 1978 US release on Sheffield Lab label.

Larry McNeely - Confederation.JPG

Rank Strangers - Uluru. 33rpm 1988 Australia release on Larrikin label. 

Rank Strangers - Uluru.2022JPG.JPG

Rank Strangers - Uluru - track listing.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

The Cure - Three Imaginary Boys

I've listened to this great album ( and tha Aus. Version, 'Boys Don't Cry)  for over 40 years and still love it. 

17144581638983456930890568351189.jpg

• Like 13
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Me2also said:

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Kicking Against the Pricks

Typical, one of my old Nick Cave LPs had grunge on it. Lucky for water and cloths its good as new now.

171439712145398192001949959897.jpg

My Nirvana 'best of' album has lots of grunge on it.....no need to clean though.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1