The church's new layout

Hellish church temps , defening volume & modified bridged amps with too low a fan speed resulted  in my first amp shutdown just now. Popped off the lid and the heatsinks feel like magma!

Quick cooldown and all is good  again...phew.

20200131_205149.jpg

• Like 6

What an excellent video. I appreciated the metal portion as it's the foundation of my collection also. The Judas Priest LP's got me going. Do you have any Candlemass Doug? Especially the first album? I have a first US pressing but am curious if the French/Euro pressings are better. Even the CD's sell for money these days.

• Like 1

Also does the Aus Diamond Life pressing sound better then the Audio Fidelity one shown? I have that and the original UK pressing but I have to pick up the Australian one to hear that bonus track. Production wise Smooth Operator sounded inferior to the rest of the tracks on that album, at least on the Audio Fidelity issue it does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyflip said:

and heeeeeere's....... DOUG @ The Church!  ?

well done Doug and Candyflip ! :) 

1 hour ago, candyflip said:

Second part with The Church audio setup, coming soon.

looking forward to it :) 

• Thanks 1

On 02/02/2020 at 9:24 PM, candyflip said:

and heeeeeere's....... DOUG @ The Church!  ?

Second part with The Church audio setup, coming soon.

Great video @candyflip (and Adelle).....and a seriously impressive record collection @Tubularbells.?

Looking forward to seeing the system and ?hearing the Duntech's (even if through PC speakers!)?

• Like 1

On 02/02/2020 at 10:14 PM, kelossus said:

What an excellent video. I appreciated the metal portion as it's the foundation of my collection also. The Judas Priest LP's got me going. Do you have any Candlemass Doug? Especially the first album? I have a first US pressing but am curious if the French/Euro pressings are better. Even the CD's sell for money these days.

Sorry for the late reply but yeah I got Candlemas. Specifically Nightfall and Tales of Creation.

Edited by Tubularbells

Here’s Part 2 of Doug at The Church , the interview!

image.jpeg.ad575ac71170aa1d7f67806715419491.jpeg

https://youtu.be/BoCg8xOXVXY

apologies for the sometimes dodgy audio - my fault for not mic-ing up my man Doug  correctly.  ?

If you enjoy it, please do hit the Like button On YouTube and subscribe there for more future content. :welcome:

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 5

Oh Ashly, you had me at the first caution...

Let the MFA8000 amp rebuild begin!

Caution: This product can deliver enough energy to the output terminals to produce a lethal shock. Do not attempt to wire the amplifier when the power is turned on.

Caution: The MFA amplifiers are capable of delivering tremendous amounts of power to the speaker load. Ashly Audio is not responsible for speaker damage as a result of excessive power.

Caution: This unit is capable of producing high sound pressure levels. Continuous exposure to high sound pressure levels can cause permanent hearing impairment or loss. Use caution when operating at high levels by wearing appropriate ear protection.

Edited by Tubularbells
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1