Currently Spinning

40 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

CB2E9E2F-6095-4B48-AFD8-A7BC36F6F040.jpeg.e4b46bb3270a7b9ce6174d979917f988.jpeg

so I’m listening to Mogwai in the headphones and it’s a particularly coarse, noisy bit and there’s a sound that sounds like a small kid screaming and I’m absently thinking wow that’s a bit much even for Mogwai and my daughter runs in the room and I take my headphones of and the screaming continues and she’s yelling that my son has cut his finger off with scissors and he hasn’t but he has cut his finger and that’s how my night is going

Because so many here seem to listen to Mogwai i had never heard of them so  i did a search on spotify and listened while driving my bus with no passengers on board from Gatton to Brisbane depot about 1 hour 15 minutes love the music. some tracks great for relaxation.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

RS, you are such a poet?

Just a quote from the album, which is a line from the movie. I’m not nearly that eloquent :D 

It’s an incredible soundtrack album. You should check it out, if you haven’t heard it. 

"Dead Man is the soundtrack to the 1995 Jim Jarmusch western-themed film of the same name starring Gary Farmer, and Johnny Depp as William Blake.  Neil Young recorded the soundtrack by improvising (mostly on Old Black, his famously customized electric guitar, with some acoustic guitar, piano and organ) as he watched the newly edited film alone in a recording studio. The soundtrack album consists of seven instrumental tracks by Young, with dialog excerpts from the film and Johnny Depp reading the poetry of William Blake interspersed between the music. The version of the main theme used over the film's beginning and end credits is not included,[4] but was released as a promo single.[5] The soundtrack differs from the film in that it uses background noises of a driving car while the whole plot is set in the 19th century (before automobiles were invented)."

It’s mad and amazing

• Like 2