Currently Spinning

1 hour ago, YCC said:

Is afternoon a good time for some country?

IMG_20180809_142438155.jpg

More country now called Americana 

and someone played Gillian Welch

very pure old time country

and Sticky Fingers And Exile showcasing the influence of country music

image.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, keyse1 said:

More country now called Americana 

and someone played Gillian Welch

very pure old time country

and Sticky Fingers And Exile showcasing the influence of country music

image.jpg

Saw GW & David Rawlings play Adelaide couple years ago ..yes, I do like their music. Stones had some influence from Gram Parsons?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

awesome looking tubes mate, what's the cd player? i have the sa8003 :thumb:

SA8005,all my gear picked up 2nd hand except the Supratek pre ,I waited over 12 months looking for a pre loved one to no avail,seen 2 come up in the 2 yrs since I got it from Mick,loving the line magnetic amp,using as a power amp only,can't believe I think I'm the fourth owner?will have to bury me with it !perfect condition and looks and sounds sublime!!cheers Muri
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, YCC said:

Saw GW & David Rawlings play Adelaide couple years ago ..yes, I do like their music. Stones had some influence from Gram Parsons?

One of the best concerts I have ever seen

saw it in Bangalow 

The Stones new about country music when they were teenagers because it was on the radio

But GP’s friendship with Keith Richards started at the time of Beggars Banquet and ended during the making of Exile

They also shared a very unhealthy attraction to heroin

Edited by keyse1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

a0275660765_14.jpg

Chalk Dinosaur - Star Blazer -- a double album of white-boy proggy funk with touches of 80s and Daft Punk. Not every track hits the target but you can always cut it down to a cracker of a single album. "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp.

--Geoff

Edited by hired goon
  • Like 2

Music choices due to past posts and wanting to hear them again.

APC first up.  Still not as good as Mer de Noms to me.  But there's definitely some good songs on there.  Will keep plugging away at it.  Might even listen to the lyrics one day.  :lol:

R-11858011-1524124598-6305.jpeg.jpg

Then scrolling through and Bohren & der Club of Gore was close by so... well.  Not really what I wanted to hear, but damn, I couldn't stop it once I started.  So laid back and haunting, it's almost one of those albums where the silence is just as important as the music.  

I can see some Hungry Ghosts in the near future.

R-9414637-1480163250-8277.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Monk said:

Music choices due to past posts and wanting to hear them again.

APC first up.  Still not as good as Mer de Noms to me.  But there's definitely some good songs on there.  Will keep plugging away at it.  Might even listen to the lyrics one day.  :lol:

R-11858011-1524124598-6305.jpeg.jpg

Then scrolling through and Bohren & der Club of Gore was close by so... well.  Not really what I wanted to hear, but damn, I couldn't stop it once I started.  So laid back and haunting, it's almost one of those albums where the silence is just as important as the music.  

I can see some Hungry Ghosts in the near future.

R-9414637-1480163250-8277.jpeg.jpg

Bohren as the name suggests drills right into your brain and Black Earth is no exception. Bass power like no other doomish jazz ive heard.

Sunset Mission would be my point of entry for newbies but I enjoy all there output various reasons however I particularly like there version of old school German metalers Warlock (who I love) version of the ballad "Catch my Heart" from there Hellbound album. Featuring Mike Patton on vocals it becomes an entirely different beast altogether.

Edited by Tubularbells
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All ,

Some Muse - The Resistance

Resistance.jpg.057b1aba9fb67a7fe74d7087b9770923.jpg

JJ

Hey JJ, we don't see enough Muse here I reckon, I haven't played them for a while either. 

I saw them at Riverstage in The Botanical Gardens, Brisbane, a few years back.  Tripping balls in front of the speakers.  A magical night, gig and setting.

Leaving the venue after the gig a young whipper snapper asked me "Aren't you too old for this?"  I was surprised by the question, replying "Never too old".

Cheers mate, Ant.

• Like 1