Currently Spinning

18 hours ago, Neurone said:

That's one strong rack you have there to carry that on the top shelf :thumb:

Meant to hold up to 60 kg, either side.

Starting the morning with SASHA: Scene Delete...??

DSCN1105.JPG

Edited by Bass13
  • Like 4

Hi All,

Tom Rogerson and Brian Eno - Finding Shore

From The Guardian 10 December 2017.

Three Trapped Tigers frontman Tom Rogerson plays piano and submits himself to Eno’s improvisational techniques on his debut solo album. In a very Enoesque way, a chance meeting outside a toilet led to the producer training infrared beams on the pianist’s keys and improvising around signals created when the beams were broken. The results are easy enough to digest, even if the process isn’t, with just enough repetition and structure to prevent attention drift. Most of the pieces forgo any sort of rhythm, although the baleful ambience of March Aways percussion is so good that it’s a shame the pair didn’t pursue it.

Shore.jpg.2177e9cf6f0b707a113d648a076235ac.jpg

JJ

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Bass13 said:

Meant to hold up to 60 kg, either side.

Starting the morning with SASHA: Scene Delete...??

DSCN1105.JPG

Had my eye on this..... what do you think?

58 minutes ago, Kafunis said:

Rickie Lee Jones-Pirates , just got this US press that's pretty clean, one of my favourite albums . 

I have the MOFI coming.

44 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Tom Rogerson and Brian Eno - Finding Shore

From The Guardian 10 December 2017.

Three Trapped Tigers frontman Tom Rogerson plays piano and submits himself to Eno’s improvisational techniques on his debut solo album. In a very Enoesque way, a chance meeting outside a toilet led to the producer training infrared beams on the pianist’s keys and improvising around signals created when the beams were broken. The results are easy enough to digest, even if the process isn’t, with just enough repetition and structure to prevent attention drift. Most of the pieces forgo any sort of rhythm, although the baleful ambience of March Aways percussion is so good that it’s a shame the pair didn’t pursue it.

JJ

What do you think?

In total agreement with the review?

• Like 1

AIR ♦ Baricco ‎– City Reading. 2003 album by Air in collaboration with the Italian writer Alessandro Baricco. In this album, Baricco narrates some passages in Italian from his novel City with Air's music in the background.

This album gets some bad raps from some - personally I find it incredibly soothing to listen to.  My Italian father in law got upset when I played it one Xmas as it mentioned hookers quite a bit :ohmy:

[IMG]

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Janjuc said:

HI All,

Starting the day with 'The Black Keys' - Brothers and El Camino whilst out walking.

Black.jpg.7b340ad7951608f1438140a7d80ca3e5.jpg

1133111398_ElCamino.jpg.42b914f39d87d48d36c209cc4407abf2.jpg

JJ

Played both of these on Sunday  - again.

2 of my often played records.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bass13 said:

Daft punk.... random access memories, one of his best, imo..??

Them (2 guys).... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daft_Punk 

dinoasaur Jr. - Without A Sound (original German press)

I love pretty much everything J Mascis does...and this one was right in the sweet spot for me during the grunge era while I was resident in Japan.

Great memories - a big emotional link to this album, which I think is quite under-rated amongst their other 90's efforts. 

1606088920_dinosaurjrwithoutasound.jpg.42577107224fde834358305d836a8031.jpg

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 4

BRIGHT EYES - Studio Albums

An under- rated band that my older brother led me to.. Previously only had digital versions, so jumped at the chance to get these on vinyl. 

VfFaocE.jpg?1

• Like 4

No idea what ever happened to the cover of this Record.  I've left a few behind over the years, or loaned out never to be seen/heard again, but this is the only Record I have ever lost just the cover...

Bob Mould 'Black Sheets of Rain' 1990 Virgin Records.

463653314_BobMouldBlackSheetsofRain1990VirginRecords_x600.jpg.152b3c301be171b9d5a03db9bf03966c.jpg

Cheers, Ant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candyflip said:

Them (2 guys).... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daft_Punk 

dinoasaur Jr. - Without A Sound (original German press)

I love pretty much everything J Mascis does...and this one was right in the sweet spot for me during the grunge era while I was resident in Japan.

Great memories - a big emotional link to this album, which I think is quite under-rated amongst their other 90's efforts. 

1606088920_dinosaurjrwithoutasound.jpg.42577107224fde834358305d836a8031.jpg

Agree.  super Dino album.    personally I prefer Where You Been, but both are great.   you inspired me to spin both.  original US pressings

28820952787_556ff47798_b.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, metal beat said:

Jam & Spoon - Ride in the Night / EMF - Unbelievable 12 inch versions. a bit of 90's dance magic :edthumbs:

[IMG]

Nice Man, I have both those Albums on CD, no 12 inchers though.

• Thanks 1