Currently Spinning

If you have never heard Midnight Oil on Vinyl then I would contend you have never heard them properly. The depth and complexity of their music especially Rob Hursts percussion makes owning their albums on vinyl a must. Its a toss up between 10-1 and Red Sails as to which is my favourite, both are amazing albums with exceptionally production and SQ. Jimmy Sharmans boxers probably tips the win to Red Sails.

61pR-3pvj1L.jpg

I remember there was post a couple of years back, I think by your good self, maybe at a GTG showing these huge towering speakers, perhaps your old digs? and that you had put this on and surprised a few folks ;)

Though that was probably as you say the sound quality, I have very distinct memories of hearing this album for the first time as a young teenager and being blown away! Thinking they were more just a rock band, and the music was incredible.

Pisses me off that I have to get vinyl to hear how awesome it can sound, as no vinyl for me, HD do the job through the old Squeezeboxen?

My fav Oils album.  Awesome music, awesome cover art and awesome sound.  What more could one want when spinning vinyl.

This. Up there as one of the... geez whats the bloody word.. iconic.. symbolic of Strayan.. Australian albums.

• Like 4

51oZQ6z5ChL.jpg

From the Remnants of Lynyrd Skynyrd !

I saw these guys at their first performance after 'the happening' : sitting in the super dome in New Orleans. Lots of tears from the locals. They were good. They finished with 'Free Bird'.

ZM.

• Like 1

Mew +-

aaea76c69d7b7eb00f38dcbb6618ad46.jpg

With the extremely catchy chorus refrain in track one 'Water Slides': you end up humming it all day and getting it that mixed up and back to front you have to keep going back to the song. Cunning marketing I'm sure.  Bloody Danes eh.

For such a long time I didn't know if I'd find you
(Say stop), (made up), lying on the bathroom floor
(ah ah ah ah ah ah ah)

• Like 2

Lucius, I would never have you picked as a MEW fan. if you have not already partaken, I can recommend the three earlier albums, in order of release.

" Glass Handed Kites" is my go-to set. J.Mascis lends vocal support.

The guys played in Mebourne in early December.

post-132814-0-11701700-1451991537_thumb.

post-132814-0-35577000-1451991521_thumb.

post-132814-0-31044600-1451991552_thumb.

Billy.

Edited by Zen Mister
  • Like 4

@@Zen Mister

You might be surprised at my music Billy(just ask Cretin he reckons it's weird sh.it).

Was going to start with Frengers after this one and then go in the order you suggested. What next for me...Young Libs perhaps?

Currently spinning one more before bed. I like it but the vocals are some of the most off key and flat voices I've heard for awhile but it's early days with these guys so far.

dick_diver_melbourne_florida.jpg

• Like 3

DICK DIVER, THE TWERPS , TAM VANTAGE and THE STEVENS share a commonality. All were artistically nurtured in a certain upstairs flat in Hampton, BaySide Melbourme.

Billy.

......and yes, Young Libs I see as a way toward. Nice scones.

Edited by Zen Mister
  • Like 2

@@Zen Mister

You might be surprised at my music Billy(just ask Cretin he reckons it's weird sh.it).

dick_diver_melbourne_florida.jpg

@@Zen Mister - t'is true about Lee's choice in music.

Some deep seated longing to be hip, even Avant garde !!  :P

Here's something providing color in the evil musical repertoire - knock your socks off with this !  :thumb: post-116153-0-44828200-1451993722.jpg

• Like 3

Are You Shpongled, @@evil c?

Cheers,

Leigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally - like opening a portal to another kaleidoscopic hallucinatory dimension ! 

"hey man, are you gonna hog all of that - pass it on dude!"  

post-116153-0-26384400-1451996425_thumb.                             

• Like 1
  • Haha 1