Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Guest jakeyb77
29 minutes ago, DMax said:

Spoken with the seller a few times and sounds like they are working well. I was going to make a bid but like someone else said before, the auction exploded at the end and so couldn't afford to make a bid :(

I think they are a bargain for the winner who won at the end. That doubtful comment here before definitely helped the winner to buy them at a bargain price at the end. 

At least the doubtful comment was posted before the sale. 
Any reason you didn’t counter with your information before the sale ended? ?

10 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

At least the doubtful comment was posted before the sale. 
Any reason you didn’t counter with your information before the sale ended? ?

I didn't counter with the info as I could not find the original source nor proving the validity of it. However, I did mention the info to him. He didn't think it was fair for someone to share that info as he said it's not true and will definitely effect his auction. 

The Secret Weapons are an early but no-holds-barred  Ralph Waters design, featuring full range sound and bipolar effect. He stopped making them before the Wizard Mk1 took off because they were just too expensive to build.

Not often seen at all these days. link to ebay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Richter-Secret-Weapon-Speakers-Rare/124162316501?hash=item1ce8a698d5:g:0fkAAOSwNYZen7up&frcectupt=true

Richter Wizard Mk.1 for $120 at Kogarah NSW. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RICHTER-3-WAY-FLOOR-STANDING-SPEAKERS-AUSTRALIAN-MADE-HIFI-AUDIOPHILE/264705597665?hash=item3da1aee0e1:g:KW8AAOSwnuxenQvI&frcectupt=true

They look in pretty good condition for speakers from the late 1980s to early 1990s.

Very popular, easy to drive.

Edited by Spinnergeoff

http://thevintagehifishack.com/the-receiver-wars-1974-1979/

There are a few Marantz 2500 in the States. I love this era but cant go big. I do have a Pioneer sx-5560 (very rare), a Sansui au-717 and my most listened to; a Marantz 2265B. Once re-conditioned the differences are subtle.The Marantz looks nicest at night. :)

• Like 1

[VIC] JBL L96 Bookshelf speakers $580

These are probably my favourite bookshelf of the era. IMO they are a better speaker than similar 3-way bookshelves. Comparable to the 4313b's but have a larger cabinet therefore a deeper bass response. They were my first JBL's and boy I lucked out and picked a great model. If they were local I would be on to this.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/templestowe/speakers/hi-end-jbl-l96-vintage-speakers/1246995784

Edited by kelossus
  • Like 1

On 28/04/2020 at 7:48 AM, Grizzly said:

You pay a premium for having "well stimulated" capacitors.

My capacitors respond well to a Shakespeare sonnet, or the odd Limerick, but I find that Tolstoi over-stimulates them.

Guest jakeyb77

Audio Definition Statis 

Great Aussie speakers. 
He’s asking for offers. They are huge! 
In Townsville 

@BATMAQN you like these. 
Facebook Marketplace 

DC6A0071-D18D-4377-935B-BFAF06A02298.png

3 hours ago, lemarquis said:

Never seen these. Wonder if they are any good?

there are videos of the system on youtube - lots of lights on the power amp. It looks so cool!

serious heat sinks on it as well. I wouldn't mind the pre amp..... but I really shouldn't be buying anything at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, misternavi said:

there are videos of the system on youtube - lots of lights on the power amp. It looks so cool!

serious heat sinks on it as well. I wouldn't mind the pre amp..... but I really shouldn't be buying anything at the moment. 

Yeah saw those. Looks like a nice system for garage or (adult?) teenagers bedroom

1 hour ago, RankStranger said:

Do you mind! I don’t need any more competition from this lot :D 

i was actually going to keep quiet about it and bid on it. 

dAC and amp all in 1 sounds attractive.

5 minutes ago, misternavi said:

i was actually going to keep quiet about it and bid on it. 

dAC and amp all in 1 sounds attractive.

He’s had it listed on gumtree at $1650 for weeks so I guess he’s ready to move it on. I like the look of it but I’ve never heard one  and there’s no helpful reviews so it’s a bit of a risk. Last one sold on SNA went around $1500 Last year so it will be interesting to see where it ends up