Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Guest Hensa

Damn. Was watching this and missed the end of the auction.  An absolute dead set steal worth well over double that.

Damn again.

Exactly! I'd happily pay more than $700 just for the preamp!

Anyone here grab the Sansui G8000 listed on gumtree last night in ADL? I called a few times from about 15 mins after it was listed but the guy was evidently not answering any more....

• Like 1

Anyone here grab the Sansui G8000 listed on gumtree last night in ADL? I called a few times from about 15 mins after it was listed but the guy was evidently not answering any more....

What did he have on it?

$300 would be a bargin depending on condition and any issues. I paid a little bit more for mine but its mint. To see it lit up in real life is a beautiful site. They sounds fantatic and built quality is unbelievable. The front face, all knobs are machined from thick aluminum etc. Fantastic monster receiver from the golden age of 70's hifi.

Edited by Sansui77
  • Like 1

Purely as a matter of interest how does one do that? I mean resurrecting that page. Do you need to do something beforehand?

The ME25 and 75 sold for only $625 - a hell of a bargain for someone!

He's a very happy man eagerly awaiting it's delivery :party  I think I've read every thread here that mentions an ME25 today - a bit excited :)

I've never owned a dedicated pre before and the only piece of ME gear I've owned previously was the bottom of the rung amp that was a bit rough round the edges. I was as surprised as anyone when it went for so little. Hopefully they are also unmolested by unqualified techs, I'll have him Zaph over them soon and probably (lets face it, inevitably) follow the upgrade path wherever it may lead.

SWMBO doesn't know yet, maybe i can slip them into the cabinet, close the doors and get away with the steal...?

Edited by Jone5y
  • Like 4

He's a very happy man eagerly awaiting it's delivery :party  I think I've read every thread here that mentions an ME25 today - a bit excited :)

I've never owned a dedicated pre before and the only piece of ME gear I've owned previously was the bottom of the rung amp that was a bit rough round the edges. I was as surprised as anyone when it went for so little. According to Zaph they are also unmolested by unqualified techs, I'll have him look over them soon and probably (lets face it, inevitably) follow the upgrade path wherever it may lead.

SWMBO doesn't know yet, maybe i can slip them into the cabinet, close the doors and get away with the steal...?

They are a good investment at that price. They are rather chunky so they may be hard to hide. Be bold, be upfront with her and if that fails beg forgiveness ;)

Hi Jone5y,

Congrats on your acquisition ......but one word of advice.

Speak to Zaph one day about the getting the Pre up to latest spec.

HUGE improvement. :thumb:

Actually probably a good idea to let him service them both!! :cool:

Cmon .........you saved a bundle buying them anyway :D

Welcome to the club and happy listening. :welcome:

Edited by JohnL

I got notification of shipping at 7am, by 9 I'd started chatting to Zaph about improvements to both the 75 amp (can be upgraded to 75B spec no problem) and the 25 as well. EVERYTHING i've read about upgrading the 25 contains at least one of the oft used audio cliches describing improvement, "night and day" being one of the most prominent :-) I can't see myself enjoying them as they for too long before they are in the experts hands.

As for the missus, I do have a plan but if you don't hear from me for a while.....

• Like 2

I do have a plan but if you don't hear from me for a while.....

Presume you're lost in audio nirvana and have lost track of time... or send out a search party ?

Redgum RGi120 amp plus Acram CD  Gumtree Brisbane.

Unfortunately over my spending limit but I know Redgum amps are well liked here  

Not sure if photos have worked but the link is ok

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/new-farm/stereo-systems/redgum-rgi120-integrated-stereo-amp/1081977281

Redgum RGi120 I.html

Edited by EVcali

I've never owned a dedicated pre before and the only piece of ME gear I've owned previously was the bottom of the rung amp that was a bit rough round the edges. I was as surprised as anyone when it went for so little. According to Zaph they are also unmolested by unqualified techs, I'll have him look over them soon and probably (lets face it, inevitably) follow the upgrade path wherever it may lead.

Oh you will, believe me you will.

Congrats on your new toys.  

Cheers from a fellow ME owner.

That is not an ESPRIT model. That's from the "pre-ESPRIT" Sony range, including the matching TA-N86 power amp. And the (V-Fet) TA-N88 power amp / TA-E88 preamp.

That is not an ESPRIT model. That's from the "pre-ESPRIT" Sony range, including the matching TA-N86 power amp. And the (V-Fet) TA-N88 power amp / TA-E88 preamp.

Cheers Edited.

• Like 1