Electronic currently spinning

Listening (new purchase). 2018 Frontline Assembly Warmech OST to a video game of the same name which is a follow up to the 2012 game and OST Airmech. 

Both are pretty darn good , at a pinch think Daft Punk's Tron legacy OST but with a slightly industrial edge or a more Beaty less ambient Delerium (which of course makes sense given band members) no vocals. Good recording not to loud or bright. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

a1320441534_16.jpg

MindSpring Memories - The Binary Ocean -- epic vapourwave, starting off with 2 x 48 min tracks, then a collection of shorter tracks. Basically 80s easy listening but with phasing synth washes, slowed down bass & percussion, and vocals floating in and out of the mix. Dreamy, delirious, delicious. "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp.  

--Geoff

• Like 1

On 21 August 2018 at 4:23 PM, scumbag said:

Ultravox remixes: 

Buy Online Ultravox - Extended - The 12

Wow you were quick that only just come out, probably 25 years to late for me. Have you heard the Midge Ure orchestrated album, that's pretty cool 

Guest scumbag
8 hours ago, cafe67 said:

Wow you were quick that only just come out, probably 25 years to late for me. Have you heard the Midge Ure orchestrated album, that's pretty cool 

I guess i was pushing the definition of spinning with that one. I got an email from the ultravox official website about a new collection of cd and vinyl extended mixes. Started listening to some of them on YouTube and decided to place a preorder. I used to have a lot of these on vinyl back in the 80s.I'm living in the past ?

3 hours ago, scumbag said:

I guess i was pushing the definition of spinning with that one. I got an email from the ultravox official website about a new collection of cd and vinyl extended mixes. Started listening to some of them on YouTube and decided to place a preorder. I used to have a lot of these on vinyl back in the 80s.I'm living in the past ?

I only recently saw that on superdeluxedition.com , i was a big ultravox fan in the 80's so i have most of their stuff on either records or cd. 

R-12221413-1530799901-9165.jpeg.jpgR-5423226-1393884065-5505.jpeg.jpgR-6643719-1429462040-9007.jpeg.jpg

Vril - Haus EP

Vril - Torus 

Zum Goldenen Schwarm - Aufgang

Vril is German ambient techno producer. Haus is his debut EP, it was only available in podcast and now finally released as an EP. Torus is Vril's debut full length album. Aufgang is  his debut as Zum Goldenen Schwarm.

3 brilliant releases on vinyl! For fans of repetitive, hypnotic and tense sounds, looping over and over with subtle tweaks similar to Shinichi Atobe, and the super hyped Prince of Denmark, also uses aliases such as Traumprinz, DJ Metatron and Prime Minister of Doom...

Edited by Y B

500x500.jpg86148.jpg

From the Artificial Intelligence Series, B12's Electro Soma I & II.

Just received the 2017 new compilation Electro Soma II so played them back to back. Still excellent after all these years and both absolutely top notch SQ. 

Electro Soma II is a new compilation of B12's tracks in other aliases such as Cmetric, Musicology from the Electro-Soma period. Highly recommended for fans of Artificial Intelligence artists such as Aphex Twin, Autechre, Polygon Windows, FUSE, Speedy J, etc, etc...

The gatefold cover of Electric-Soma II is really beautiful. Printed on matte stock and feel wonderful to touch.

ReleaseFormat-235146-34950.jpg

Edited by Y B

image.jpg&key=0bc5a6eef87ee6a121904e50dd47302b5e332be4f07226a70fbffef06e721b1a

Moodymann - Silence In The Secret Garden 2018 reissue

Another excellent reissue with top notch SQ. The mastering is so spacious and airy, there is not even a light tick of surface noice!

I like this album but I have always found Backagainforthefirsttime? extremely annoying. However good you think the track is, do you really want to listen to baby's crying again and again? Luckily it is the third track on Side A, I can skip it easily.

Edited by Y B

More good acid from the always excellent Tin Man. His new album from 2017 - Dripping Acid.

17 tracks split into 6xEP. Side A has only one track at 45 rpm. Side B has 2 tracks at 33⅓ rpm, except EP5 has only one track each side @ 45 rpm. Needless to say, top notch SQ and no surface noise! I know some of you are going to say it's a pain to get up and change sides but that's never a problem for me :)

DrippingAcid1.jpg.96a927608f10b2a6260fe5192452880b.jpgDrippingAcid2.jpg.19817bac47f625618e6ebbefaf08d84d.jpgDrippingAcid3.jpg.5c0d8cc6eb3000cce494af44b6780bdf.jpgDrippingAcid4.jpg.1e9361682ec80fd6b5713985cc1b500f.jpgDrippingAcid5.jpg.517cc530a6979472c649aca3e274e371.jpgDrippingAcid6.jpg.850e58306158eab54c3cd898e681a9a3.jpg

Guest scumbag
On 24/08/2018 at 11:11 AM, wim said:

Very nice! I just bought it on FLAC off Bandcamp.

Edited by scumbag

Derek Carr - Contact [2018]

edit: a bit of info on this, because it's the best thing I'm digging on at the moment - this is my favourite this year so far.

prolific Irish guy and to my mind one of the best doing it in modern techno... and I believe he has a couple more to be released this year

also, for the train spotters, this is mastered by Paul Mac, a great producer that put out a lot of stuff on stimulus (his label) and Mosaic (two great 90's UK techno labels)

and the artwork is by Abdul Haqq, who has done artwork on tons of releases over the years, notably on a few UR records.

carr.jpg.c4b109440c4c1ea851bfcc5265292a30.jpg

Edited by Benny G
  • Like 1

minimal, funky, and clean AF!

Bluetrain - Foundation Dub Chapter One [2016]

Sushitech Records, 2 x 10" in a lovely package

edit: Steve O'Sullivan, UK dub techno master!

blue.jpg

Edited by Benny G

5 hours ago, scumbag said:

Actually this album is hilarious - https://janjelinek.bandcamp.com/album/zwischen - is it Art or comedy?

Hi Mark,

Probably both, simultaneously, alternately Art as Comedy, or Comedy as Art ????

Listening to some  Bandcamp downloads recommended by @hired goon Jarmodular - B-rhythm. To me he has parts reminiscent of early Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Cluster and Harmonia.

B-rhythm.jpg.784ac929e4273a94eed0d005754e445b.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 3