Electronic currently spinning

30 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Crystal Castles ‎– Amnesty (I).  Fiction records - 2016 UK pressing:  love this almost as much as their first LP - sounds great as well

42785751055_96fd111bda_b.jpg

I have some of their work on the hard drive.  I've only had cursory listen, didn't grab me, but will definitely give them another crack.  Cheers Bro.

PS; great to see SubPop still with us, and cranking out a diverse range of music after the golden Grunge Years.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 1

Hi All,

Visions by Erik Wollo.

Visions.jpg.09503338897dac8be3c96027e86a7af0.jpg

Info from Bandcamp:

Visions highlights the cascading melodic and consonant lyrical side of Erik’s intuitively-crafted soundworlds. On these eight expressively performed and immaculately produced instrumentals, Erik’s luscious sense of harmony and narrative mix with insistent electronic rhythms. Propulsion and cyclical movement leave an invisible thread of optical insight in the wake of these essential moments. 

Led by electric guitar, guitar synthesizer, and keyboard melodies, the songs build upon arcs of rhythms and layers of sequencer patterns with dramatic percussive punctuations, pulsating arpeggios and deep analog basses. 

To me sounds similar to Edgar Froese from his period of 1974 -1976 ( Aqua, Epsilon In Malaysia Pale and Macula Transfer) and Klaus Schulze ( Timewind and Moondawn)

JJ

• Like 3

Guest scumbag
3 minutes ago, hired goon said:

a1927571506_16.jpg

S U R V I V E - RR7400 : LA041717 -- collection of tracks sorta halfway between 80s era Tangerine Dream movie soundtrack work and vaporwave. "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp.

--Geoff

And I can hear a little bit of solar fields too. Sort off majestic power synth with some 80's retroesque.

Hi All

Currently listening to some more early Deutsche Electronic music from Experimental German Rock and Electronic Musik 3, which is a good primer for those looking to see where a lot of today's electronic music emerged

3.jpg.467df468262acb8d785874522849ea34.jpg

Information from "soundsoftheuniverse.com"

This latest instalment in Soul Jazz Records’ successful Deutsche Elektronische Musik series delves deeper into the German nation’s vaults to bring a fascinating new collection that again brings together a selection of classic German electronic and rock groups, including Neu!, Cluster, Popol Vuh, La Düsseldorf, Agitation Free, alongside a host of rare tracks by lesser known artists which includes Michael Bundt, Bröselmaschine, Dronsz, Achim Reichel and others.

The music of Deutsche Elektronische Musik 3 ranges from the introverted pastoralism of Hans Joachim Roedelius and Bröselmaschine, to the angular and futuristic electronic experimentations of Klauss Weiss, Pyrolator, Deuter, Michael Bundt and others, to the proto-punk of La Düsseldorf and the heavy space, progressive and cosmic rock of Missus Beastly, Niagara and Dyzan.

The music on Deutsche Elektronische Musik 3 was all recorded in the 1970s up to the early 1980s, at a time when forward-thinking German electronic and rock groups were searching for a new musical identity in order to separate themselves from both the cultural legacy of post-world war two Germany as well the ‘cultural imperialism’ of USA and UK rock. In this process German groups created some of the most unique and inspired music, the defining motorik beat alongside a host of ethno-musical influences from far afield – including Turkey, India, Brazil – as well as the musical and futurist possibilities of developments in electronics and technology itself.

Deutsche Elektronische Musik 3 is released as a heavyweight 3xLP, deluxe double CD pack and digital release. The new extensive sleevenotes are by David Stubbs, who is the author of the acclaimed book, ‘Future Days: Krautrock and the Building of Modern Germany’ (Faber & Faber).

“A near-definitive guide to some of the world’s most extraordinary music’’ ***** The Guardian

"There are many potential futures contained within this exemplary Soul Jazz compilation" The Quietus

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, hired goon said:

a2054383661_14.jpg

Network 23 - Affenhaus -- 4 tracks of 90s influenced euphoric bouncy trance, kinda like early Fluke/Underworld. "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp.

--Geoff

Hello Geoff, I have been following a lot of your Bandcamp recommendations and find I have similar tastes to yourself. Keep up the hunting.?

Earlier today listened to a download from Bandcamp:

660082206_LostSignals.jpg.1c479c04ec662bf7c1b017169094ff94.jpg

• Like 2