I’m Calling it……Best ever Australian Album

Guest Sime

Now I’ve know this album since it was released, but after buying the remastered version and hearing it on my current system, it simply has to be one of the most outstanding performances I’ve ever heard by any Aussie band, simply magnificent in all aspects. This band is such a brilliant group of musicians with unbelievable song writing capabilities. 

Magic Stuff. 

Midnight Oil………Red Sails in the Sunset

B45CCE80-ECCE-4F37-9A37-691F92505453.jpeg

Least consistent Oils album of that golden era ('70s - '80s)..., marred by really dated production (which even Peter Garrett has commented on). A couple of great songs but Garrett was late to the party (studio) and personally I can't listen through the whole thing. 

Each to their own! 

Best Australian album? Midnight Oil 10...1 / LRB's Diamintina Cocktail / INXS The Swing / Cold Chisel's East / AC-DC Back In Black / The Presets Apocalypso...

Edited by was_a
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jeddie said:

Thats a big call!

I'll sit back and watch everyone come on with their best Aussie album.

Sure is.

I can think of at least 50 that I prefer but I CBF listing them.

Anyhoo....enjoy.

• Like 2

I’ve never been a big Midnight Oils fan but I do have an original copy of this album in very good condition. I must say some of the rock albums recorded in the 70s and 80s do sound really good. I’ve got Red Sails spinning now.

I’ll put forward another candidate from the same era (possibly even the same year) - Dragon, Body and the beat.

• Like 1

Guest Peter the Greek
31 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

LRB is not everyone's cup but this is my favourite.  

IMG_1684.JPG

This was my first thought as well.

Brian Johnson has done more for ACDC than Bon Scott ever did...

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure [gulp, duck for cover] Whispering Jack (Farnzzie) is the biggest local ever

Recurring Dream?

Delta Goodrem is up there with her first vomit

No doubt Savage Garden is pretty high the list too

.....of course, what do sales mean? not a lot to the individual, but how else do you benchmark is

1 minute ago, Peter the Greek said:

Brian Johnson has done more for ACDC than Bon Scott ever did...

Only because he caught them at the top of the wave, if you think that. Brian Johnson wouldnt of had a look in if Bon hadn't of died.

• Like 2