I’m Calling it……Best ever Australian Album

Guest Sime

On 10 January 2018 at 5:07 PM, was_a said:

Least consistent Oils album of that golden era ('70s - '80s)..., marred by really dated production (which even Peter Garrett has commented on). A couple of great songs but Garrett was late to the party (studio) and personally I can't listen through the whole thing. 

Each to their own! 

Best Australian album? Midnight Oil 10...1 / LRB's Diamintina Cocktail / INXS The Swing / Cold Chisel's East / AC-DC Back In Black / The Presets Apocalypso...

Now that is a good list!

8 minutes ago, lencolad said:

from memory one plays a cello

Nah...

Make it two dress ties...

One to tie your hands behind your back...

The second wrapped around your head to cover your eyes...

Then let the trio have their wicked way with you...

• 3 months later...
On 16/01/2018 at 12:57 AM, Sime said:

So we all agree on my pick?

Awesome:party

Yes, I certainly do. A brilliant album which has exceptional production values and is superbly recorded too. It is this or 10-1 for me but Red Sails gets the nod just

https://www.madmanfilms.com.au/midnight-oil-1984/

from May 10

< A vivid portrait of the era and the songs that embodied it.

MIDNIGHT OIL 1984 is the story of the sweat-soaked, hardworking rock and roll band whose music galvanised a generation of young Australians and inspired them to believe in the power of music to change the world.

Featuring the biggest hits from some of their most legendary shows, the movie gives you an Access All Areas pass to see the band behind the scenes and where the action is. Feel the electric energy on stage and witness the personal struggles of the band members as they try to balance the equally compelling demands of both music and politics when lead singer Peter Garrett decides to join the race for an Australian Government Senate seat.

MIDNIGHT OIL 1984 is an up close and personal look at the iconic rock band, seen on the big screen for the first time. >

On 15/01/2018 at 12:24 PM, Ian McP said:

not forgetting more than a few UnZudders who made their home here (for a while anyway)

Dragon, Split Enz, Crowded House...... well, they can have Russell back (30 Odd Feet of Grunts)

https://www.discogs.com/artist/777447-30-Odd-Foot-Of-Grunts

regards Ian

Crowded House has/had an NZ lead singer/songwriter but it's undoubtedly an Australian band... and my personal fav Oz band just ahead of INXS

Only because the title of this thread is (deliberately) ridiculous I will put in my irrelevant 2 bobs worth.

and I've posted this twice tonight already so it must be the best..

DSC_0443.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever is listed should be actually recorded here,

Red Sails was Japan.

But like asking who is our fav Aussie actor and listing Russ Crowe.

Edited by JPete9