Show us your Turntables!!!

22 minutes ago, Simon de Pass said:

Acoustic Solid out of Germany. White gloves for obvious reasons, need to see myself in the reflection. kidding. 

Thanks Simon de Pass,

I have seen these decks before but my memory was of a timber plinth, but that plinth that you like to polish with the gloves is acrylic by the look of it.

Well, the obvious reasons for the gloves escapes me, but gloves are probably pretty good for polishing the plinth, but not something I’d necessarily recommend around a turntable though. The more dexterity you can muster the better and gloves, IME, don”t offer much in that regard.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy

On 07/09/2021 at 7:12 AM, likewiise said:

Great thread!

My humble technics 1210s.. 21 years of use and still going strong!

Sound great through my mostly vintage setup.. High End Condesa Rotary mixer (Made in Adelaide!) > Marantz 3300 pre > Marantz 250M power > Magnificent Tannoy Arden HPD385 speakers (Alnico magnet MK1 version)..

Looking into upgrading the tonearms on both decksto Jelco or similar... These are used for both djing and Hifi listening so whilst I know there are much better Hifi tables out there.. I'm keen to find a middle ground between sound quality and function.

Any suggestions on great technics 1200/1210 upgrades?

Such a beautiful room - love the vibes it gives - looks rich and warm and inviting - put the kettle on and I'll be round !! hahahahaha

• Like 1

Second arm on my Rega P8, a Rega RB2000, re-wired by Sonic Art in Melbourne, with an Ortofon Cadenza Mono. The arm is on an armboard made for me by Magna Audio in the UK. This is going into the MC phono card of my Exposure 5010 preamp.

The Nagaoka MP300 on the other arm, is what I use for background listening while working. It is connected to the phono card of my Mytek Manhattan II dac, which is surprisingly very good.

My main turntable is still the PTP Solid 9, Audio Origami PU7 and Windfeld Ti. But this avoids wasting the stylus life of the Winfeld Ti and tube life in my Tron phono stage for non-critical listening.

IMG_5631.JPG

• Like 10
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Old Man Rubber

I thought the tip shop turntable finds had dried up completely, but apparently not.

A JVC QL-A2, quartz locked direct drive turntable with a cool speed sensor based on LEDs instead of a flouro light.

The speed switch might need cleaning out, it sometimes defaults to 45 despite the switch being set to 33 but otherwise it's lovely.  Interestingly it has no earth cord on it but has no earth hum or anything.  Pretty nice bit of japanese gear.

jvc_speed.jpg

jvc_deck.jpg

jvc_logo.jpg

Guest palexsia

The brass platter is 9kg , the alloy aluminium copper top 7.5kg . Friend made for me , he also made bearing …. 

43 minutes ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Parts machined yourself? 

Looks great (and very solid platter!)

20 hours ago, palexsia said:

Others  TT  , rotation used . A Good hobby for me  is  restoration Garrard TT . 

623AA2FD-47DF-4050-B6D6-8FCA4DF25152.jpeg

D9D98FEB-1A6F-4A4C-9F8A-3C0B06337215.jpeg

EBB7EAFE-8306-42FC-B099-EFDF8377AFA1.jpeg

01987F15-8508-45FE-A6C3-7734ABA48B1F.jpeg

4FFC3235-BFB7-4270-A2E3-2281CD5CF183.jpeg

32DFAB91-F8A5-4B7D-AEE5-AC9286A4D94C.jpeg

I know it may sound creepy but...........I dream about your collection at night:drool:

Love your work.

• Haha 1

Guest palexsia
3 hours ago, McCvinyl said:

I know it may sound creepy but...........I dream about your collection at night:drool:

Love your work.

No creepy only good dream .