Duntech Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

Just now, kab said:

No but i used to have the Crown Prince's,

the've gone to a new home.

Yep I have heard UMs, lovely sounding speakers.
 I was hoping to to get a first hand impression of these new ones.

1 hour ago, joz said:

Yep I have heard UMs, lovely sounding speakers.
 I was hoping to to get a first hand impression of these new ones.

Perhaps Kiat should chime in?

• 1 month later...

Am now a happy duntech owner, after admiring them for years since i first saw them I didn't think I'd own them as soon as I have nor did I think theyd be the marquis.

Looking forward to replacing the grill cloth and refinishing the cabinets to bring them back to there former glory.

A big thanks to @LWA Staff for being such a great place to buy from and @Grizzly for the transport help.

20180911_152535.jpg

20180911_152402.jpg

20180911_152352.jpg

20180911_152248.jpg

• Like 11

I really enjoy listening to others' Hifi journey whilst mine languishes in the midst of ME servicing and renovations. I'll have to find the time to pop in sometime soon. 

There are situations where a smallish room can work with particular speakers so I hope it comes together well for you. 

I have just closed off my room to an adjoining staircase by putting in a small stud wall and a glass door and it has been one of the best upgrades to my mid range I've had in ages! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, howze said:

Am now a happy duntech owner, after admiring them for years since i first saw them I didn't think I'd own them as soon as I have nor did I think theyd be the marquis.

Looking forward to replacing the grill cloth and refinishing the cabinets to bring them back to there former glory.

A big thanks to @LWA Staff for being such a great place to buy from and @Grizzly for the transport help.

20180911_152535.jpg

20180911_152402.jpg

20180911_152352.jpg

20180911_152248.jpg

Great speakers mate. Grats on the purchase. When you can, get them into a bigger room. These things also will become sublime with better and  more powerful amplification.

Remember to get your mains done if you havent already:thumb:

Good on you.  Here's a simple theoretical positioning tip to try if practical for smooth low frequ. response (we KNOW the higher frequencies are "perfect").  Measure your walls and position the speaker fronts at 1/3 or 1/5 or both of those along and in from the walls.

Wow that looks like a huge sub in the corner.

Great speakers mate. Grats on the purchase. When you can, get them into a bigger room. These things also will become sublime with better and  more powerful amplification.
They work VERY well in this room, even with an ad hoc cursory setup. A little tweaking will see them sing!
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darryl said:

Very nice howze.

You've come a long way mate ?

Bet the wallet is a bit lighter since finding SNA all those years ago!

It is abit lighter yeah, great journey though and met allot of incredibly nice people and probabaly the most generous aswell

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Grizzly said:
2 hours ago, Wimbo said:

They work VERY well in this room, even with an ad hoc cursory setup. A little tweaking will see them sing!

What rooms that? Or did I miss that.

• Like 1

I spent quite some time with slightly bigger CP Dunnies in what was 'recommended' spacing off side and front wall. It wasn't until I threw all of that stuff out the window and I used measurements below 200 Hz and my ears for everything else that I really got somewhere. One rule you must follow with mine is that the listening distance must be 3.5m. I currently run mine in an unorthodox setup where they are quite close to the corners of the room but it sounds best that way to me. 

14 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

What rooms that? Or did I miss that.

The room is mine

11 minutes ago, christosd said:

I spent quite some time with slightly bigger CP Dunnies in what was 'recommended' spacing off side and front wall. It wasn't until I threw all of that stuff out the window and I used measurements below 200 Hz and my ears for everything else that I really got somewhere. One rule you must follow with mine is that the listening distance must be 3.5m. I currently run mine in an unorthodox setup where they are quite close to the corners of the room but it sounds best that way to me. 

So even if there only 2.5m apart try to get 3.5m back from them if possible. Currently just doing the whole even triangle thing which sound great

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the great pleasure of owning a pair of Duntech DSM-15’s for many years and run some very flat and discerning amplification. recently I was invited to the Duntech listening room to "interview" the new Senator's and as a result they are on my shopping list as an upgrade from the DSM’s. In my experience they are “critical” and at the same time convey emotions and clarity not dissimilar to my DSM’s though of course with deeper and tighter bass notes.

As one would expect from Duntech sound reproduction is impeccable and the off axis placement of each speaker produces an amazing sound stage, in fact these speakers are very revealing of bad recording production. I can see my record and CD collection being divided even more so into categories of “bad, good and excellent”!

I do like the pair of outboard crossovers, they are beautifully detailed and finished and a very high quality build, though I think mine will be resting on a set of Mecado's and a basalt slab.....IMG_4044.thumb.JPG.e3043c6d31f0badc553490d63a676f02.JPG

IMG_4042.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Guzzista said:

I have the great pleasure of owning a pair of Duntech DSM-15’s for many years and run some very flat and discerning amplification. recently I was invited to the Duntech listening room to "interview" the new Senator's and as a result they are on my shopping list as an upgrade from the DSM’s. In my experience they are “critical” and at the same time convey emotions and clarity not dissimilar to my DSM’s though of course with deeper and tighter bass notes.

As one would expect from Duntech sound reproduction is impeccable and the off axis placement of each speaker produces an amazing sound stage, in fact these speakers are very revealing of bad recording production. I can see my record and CD collection being divided even more so into categories of “bad, good and excellent”!

I do like the pair of outboard crossovers, they are beautifully detailed and finished and a very high quality build, though I think mine will be resting on a set of Mecado's and a basalt slab.....IMG_4044.thumb.JPG.e3043c6d31f0badc553490d63a676f02.JPG

IMG_4042.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG

I couldn't agree more. I visited Kiat's listening Duntech showroom, and I was sold immediately on both the new Duntech Senator and Princess (was a proud Duntech Marquis owner for 10 years). I bought the new Senator- I couldn't be happier with them.

Pictures of my own new Duntech Senators. Rock solid exquisite build quality! What could I say, phenomenal attention to detail. Locally build in Sydney.

Stainless steel base CNC machined out of a solid block. Heavy a rock, absolutely no expense spared.

20180919_160117.jpg

20180919_160223.jpg

20180919_160348.jpg

20180919_161455.jpg

20180919_161509.jpg

20180919_161536.jpg

20180919_160053.jpg

20180919_160105.jpg

20180721_115941.jpg

20180721_120011.jpg

20180721_120019.jpg

20180721_120040.jpg