Jump to content

AURALiC Owners & Discussion Thread


Guest scumbag

Recommended Posts

Guest scumbag

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/04/auralic-firmware-v5-0-adds-dsp-engine-web-browser-control/

 

Good news for Mini owners and Auralic owners in general. A web based interface, at long last!

 

1) After almost two years of AURALiC saying Roon is never coming to the Aries Mini, Roon is coming to the Aries Mini. Grab the update and bam: Roon Ready Aries Mini.

2) A new HTML-based Lightning DS interface allows for setup and control of any AURALiC streaming device from any device running a web browser. Greetings Android users! Company CEO Xuanqian Wang says it’s “100% responsive, optimized for mobile device.” 

And with echoes of Slim Devices / Logitech’s Squeezebox server software development, AURALiC intend to open source their web browser interface from next quarter.

3) A new DSP processor engine whose first feature will be an onboard up-sampler. With v5.0 firmware installed, all AURALiC streaming devices become capable of up-sampling PCM to 384kHz. Not the Aries Mini though – it remains restricted to downsampling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Guest scumbag

The Intel stick is severely limited in functionality. The NUC and the Mini are similar in functionality. I'm not going to tell you the Mini's better, it's just another solution. In fact I don't even own one but I thought Auralic owner's would be interested in this news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Don't know how it compares to antipodes,  never used it. Roon endpoint yes but not using it so cannot comment.

basically it's a very good media bridge/streamer with great functionality and excellent software platform

i like it, to the point where i went from the mini to Le to full Aries 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Neo said:

Don't know how it compares to antipodes,  never used it. Roon endpoint yes but not using it so cannot comment.

basically it's a very good media bridge/streamer with great functionality and excellent software platform

i like it, to the point where i went from the mini to Le to full Aries 

 

Did you get audible improvement as you upgraded?

If yes, in what area ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sound was more refined as I climbed the ladder. The internal components improved in quality and were better implemented, femto clocks on USB and coax, plus lps on the full Aries 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



1 hour ago, Neo said:

The sound was more refined as I climbed the ladder. The internal components improved in quality and were better implemented, femto clocks on USB and coax, plus lps on the full Aries 

 

Does it have 2 chassis as in the AD?

Link to comment
Share on other sites



1 minute ago, Neo said:

No, I had a conversation with the supplier. They are no longer carrying that line of product and the prices are for the stock that's on hand

Neo

On another forum there is talk of Aries 2 being release in a few weeks at some Audio Show , think Munich.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



More than likely as the product has been on the market for awhile. From conversation in the morning A2A will not be carrying that brand.
Neo
@neo any reason given for A2A not carrying the brand in future? I am a big fan of their products. Less than $1k for the Aries is a bargain in my view. Excellent product.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, k3here said:

@neo any reason given for A2A not carrying the brand in future? I am a big fan of their products. Less than $1k for the Aries is a bargain in my view. Excellent product.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not given an indication why

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest scumbag
1 minute ago, Neo said:

Not given an indication why

All sorts of reason why a retailer might not carry a brand / distributor any more. I guess it's probably commercial in confidence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought the discounted white Aries Mini solely because it now supports Roon. For less than $400 it's not much of a risk.

I love the MicroRendu but I have a spot at home needing wireless as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...
To Top