Vinyl - Currently Spinning

10 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

The Flaming Lips new release, American Head, an album, much like 'The Lips', that has received extreme reviews, from 2 Stars at The Guardian, to an average score of  81 at Metacritic 

22015747_FlamingLipsAmericanHead.jpg.5a0d021370cdc1dadcd143aa44e5d0e1.jpg

JJ

How do YOU rate it JJ?

• Like 1

0D5A39C0-FB64-4C48-B6A9-F3503A1EEBE0.thumb.jpeg.de302dfd339421aa87bf10ead53b3cfd.jpeg

The Wallflowers - Bringing Down The Horses

2016 20th Anniversary First Time on Vinyl 

I avoided this because of the URP pressing but I shouldn’t have. By no means perfect sounding but very enjoyable. Surprisingly a very quiet pressing! Apparently it was recorded in analogue but the overdubs were mixed through digitally so abundant of analogue goodness still... If you like this album you should give this a go...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 2Brix said:

Janelle Monae - Dirty Computer. I had been thinking to buy this a few months ago, got distracted by other schtuff, then today by chance saw and snapped it up.  As they say on Triple J.... "language warning" ...not for those easily offended but IMO a true artistic album, she really puts it out there....intelligent, provocative, feminist, funky, spunky and reflective.  A nicely finished gatefold, quality inner sleeves, double LP running at 45rpm, for me a stone cold bargain at $35 ?

IMG_5160.jpg

Excellent album @2Brix 

This one has had a lot of play at our place, as have all of hers, she's a favourite of parents and kids. I got the impression that quite a lot of people were disappointed by Dirty Computer. I'm not sure why? Too pop, too profane, too personal, too political? I think it's great for all those reasons. I hope she gets back to the Cindi Mayweather story at some point but this felt like the right album for her to make at the time. The sequencing is so good, it just flows within and between tracks from hook to rap to song. Can't wait to hear whatever she does next.

• Like 4

Hi @Bisguittin

1 hour ago, Bisguittin said:

How do YOU rate it JJ?

I find it as good as 'The King's Mouth', and 'Death Tripping At Sunrise', to me and a lot of others, 'Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots' is their best, I also rate 'Once Beyond Hopelessness' and 'At War With The Mystics'. 

I think this is at a level just below those, but if you like their music, you will enjoy this.

Now a last one before prepping dinner,  Linda Ronstadt, Greatest Hits.

999991779_LindaRonstadtGreatisthits.jpg.de4867a633e1793481d27f642852fba8.jpg

JJ

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36547969-5FDF-4C88-B518-BC315A44A71E.thumb.jpeg.816612edd1601e15980ba644a91d2529.jpeg

Ásgeir – Sátt 2020

Ásgeir Trausti’s third album Bury The Moon.in its Icelandic mother tongue.

I have both his debut In The Silence  and Dýrð Í Dauðaþögn. Ended up playing the later mostly so this time just Icelandic. It just seems to have more in his voice although I have no idea what he is singing about. ?

Grab it now it’s only $17.74 on Amazon!

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 2

This use to belong to my brother, use to play it and copped a few thumps for touching his stuff. When he left home he gave it to me saying you obviously like it more than me....and I still do.

20201010_173656.jpg

• Like 11