What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

Snagged this one last night on Amazon for $16.. Live double LP.. Been bulking the **** out of my amazon wishlist  the last few weeks when I have spare time and recording comments of the lowest prices I see stuff dropping to since I've noticed the prices fluctuate so much. Supposedly because of whatever weird algorithm they use. After I bought it the price immediately jumped to $49.. back down to $44.30 now lol Makes no logical sense.. it's $25US + international post from Puscifer official website..

th?id=OIP.L9QrcJ_THb8phBN6rOQJ0gHaHa%26p

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

Wait-whut? What happened to actives?!?!?

Well, until I build the dedicated granny flat first (lack of funds) then it kinda made more sense to see what the market offers when the room is built (when I expect to also have a lack of funds!)

• Like 1

Picked this up in a bargain bin. $20 for four records, jam packed with great covers of Bob Dylan songs. I have to admit that cover versions are my favoured way of taking in Bob’s songs. 
The records are free of warps, and super thin- they would be lucky to be 120g- the whole package is about as thick as a reissue single 180g gatefold, which suits me just fine. The sound quality is great, and there are some great performers- Iron and Wine, Calexico, Stephen Malkmuss, Sonic Youth, Tom Verlaine, Willy Nelson, and even a single track from Bob and The Band.

I’m Not There- OST

8E6BE16F-FFAC-4390-A534-BBE3A9B7060B.jpeg

• Like 4

The JVC tables are generally simpler to recap than the equivalent Denon's (less caps in the 71 & 81) so provided none of the chips are damaged repair aught not to be a problem.  If the chips were damaged though you pretty much have to buy another working unit for parts.

Great deck. I can't recommend a repairer unfortunately.

Edited by MattyW
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

Arrivals from the JB 2 for $50, except for top left which was purchased separately, from top left down then top right down.

Caribou-Suddenly, Neil and Liam Flynn-Lightsleeper, ELO-Wembley or Bust, Blondie-Autoamericans

White Stripes-Get Behind Me Satan, Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 Songs And Music From The Movie, Goanna-Spirit of Place, Deep Purple-The Infinity Live Recordings Vol1

JB.jpg.cd6ebb3a92791053b73954198a5d0609.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Arrivals from the JB 2 for $50, except for top left which was purchased separately, from top left down then top right down.

Caribou-Suddenly, Neil and Liam Flynn-Lightsleeper, ELO-Wembley or Bust, Blandie-Autoamericans

White Stripes-Get Behind Me Satan, Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 Songs And Music From The Movie, Goanna-Spirit of Place, Deep Purple-The Infinity Live Recordings Vol1

JB.jpg.cd6ebb3a92791053b73954198a5d0609.jpg

JJ

Blandie lol ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First try at these tone poet series releases. Surprised to be playing it now on two accounts. First, it was ordered on Amazon, who will now stop stocking vinyl. And second, the package, two or three times larger than the item itself, was half crushed ? 

3B749369-F823-411D-9998-59A5F5E1487B.thumb.jpeg.6fedb67d1e7e8c38c488d0b4a7777d03.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi All,

Another lot of arrivals yesterday from JB and a couple of others that were ordered a few weeks ago from OS, just on eBay and note something I had a watch on has increased 15%+ since the beginning of last week without the price in $US remaining the same. Probably all equipment etc. will rise exponentially with the Ozzie dollar falling.

1154211111_Arrivals19.3_20.jpg.5509529aed30eb3ed10af4cfcaddbb31.jpg

JJ

• Like 7

On 20/03/2020 at 3:56 PM, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Another lot of arrivals yesterday from JB and a couple of others that were ordered a few weeks ago from OS, just on eBay and note something I had a watch on has increased 15%+ since the beginning of last week without the price in $US remaining the same. Probably all equipment etc. will rise exponentially with the Ozzie dollar falling.

1154211111_Arrivals19.3_20.jpg.5509529aed30eb3ed10af4cfcaddbb31.jpg

JJ

Did u get a new copy of Supertramp- Even on The Quiet moments?

New tonearm for my Thorens, it’s actually the one from my old project that supports VTA adjustment and now I’m enjoying my 2M black more and more. I’m still need to do some tweaks as the technician couldn’t remove the arm board that was used for the RBA 250.

I’m spinning some of my reference albums: Abraxas, Strangers in the night, Silk degrees, Communique, Turnstiles and Miles Kind of blue.

9895E6DF-69EC-4F64-B724-273EC64D1096.jpeg

0A215710-10CB-407C-AA3C-04EBA82C19D2.jpeg

FA46B218-FB41-4C1C-9590-75D2137F3560.jpeg

• Like 6

Hi All,

Today's arrivals, Roger Waters, The Wall Live and Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade Set 1 and Set 2

767763232_New23.3_20.jpg.5b576eecd3f40dc586944985dedadec1.jpg

21 hours ago, hlov said:

Did u get a new copy of Supertramp- Even on The Quiet moments?

You have been teasing me with your Supertramp "Vinyl Currently Playing" posts ?

JJ

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Today's arrivals, Roger Waters, The Wall Live and Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade Set 1 and Set 2

767763232_New23.3_20.jpg.5b576eecd3f40dc586944985dedadec1.jpg

You have been teasing me with your Supertramp "Vinyl Currently Playing" posts ?

JJ

Hahaha, I think I have all of the first pressings but Free as a  Bird, don’t really like that

Going to be committing sacralige in here I think.. Purchased a Denon PMA-800ne Link.

To replace my bunch of random components (Arcam FMJ19, Cambridge Audio Dacmagic and Blue Horizon Profono.

Getting it all in one box & matching with my Denon DP1200 (DL103) record player, Denon DCM500ae CD Player & Denon TU260L II Tuner (recently purchased on the forums) should be good for wife appreciation factor.

Hi All,

Two LPs that arrived today, King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard, Polygondwanaland and The Wizards Of Oz, An Antipodean Cosmic Space Odyssey from 1969 to the Present

767823847_NewArrivals29.3_20.jpg.9d09b619bfce19c0b8ddb02ada5b94b1.jpg

The Wizards Of Oz Tracklist:
A1    –Tame Impala    It Is Not Meant To Be    
A2    –Cybotron (2)    Gods of Norse    
A3    –Krozier & The Generator    House Of The Sun    
A4    –Russell Morris    The Real Thing    
B1    –Leong Lau    Salem Abdullah    
B2    –Doug Jerebine    Midnight Sun    
B3    –Rob Thomsett    Moulding Of Red Earth   
B4    –Hiroshi*, Claudia    This Early Broadminded's Emptiness    
C1    –The Sunset Strip    Mercy Killing    
C2    –Rob Thomsett    Entrance To Warraambool (Part 2)    
C3    –Air (11)    The Sea   
C4    –Kanguru    Waves of Aquarius  
D1    –Cybotron (2)    Raga In Asia Minor    
D2    –Ash Grunwald    Walking   
D3    –Rob Thomsett    Flight Of Yaraan    
D4    –Kongress    Eyes Of The Witness

JJ

• Like 4

To Top