Alistair's system (pt 2)

• 4 weeks later...

Beautiful, congratulations Alistair. John Brown who did your cabinetry is a top human being. The Avantgardes look amazing and the new rug is totally in tune with the shapes of the horns as well. Completely looks like the work of a life time and must be a joy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely amazing Alistair. A lot of hard work placed into that room. World Class elite system! Must be amazing with the room treatments. 

One thing I learnt from my last trip, room acoustics and power supply being the most important steps in the chain. Looks like you've nailed both!

Happy listening.

Best,

Nev

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also have been thinking of turning on my system while every one is asleep .But then other things came to my mind.

Loving my system since put my speaker very close to sitting position .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys

Power comes in on two separate circuits, each with JPS Labs in wall cable from the breaker box to switch-less power points

Great room, Alistair - and the Trios look amaaazing.

But I am amazed you are allowed to have unswitched power points in NSW.  I enquired about this when I was designing the 'Music' room in our forthcoming house, a couple of years ago, and the answer from the Regulatory body here in Vic was ... No Way!! :(

Regards,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Great room, Alistair - and the Trios look amaaazing.

But I am amazed you are allowed to have unswitched power points in NSW.  I enquired about this when I was designing the 'Music' room in our forthcoming house, a couple of years ago, and the answer from the Regulatory body here in Vic was ... No Way!! :(

Regards,

Andy

Why pray tell?

• 1 month later...

@@Tasso

That is an unknown at present mate. For now it'll be the Accuphase DP77, streaming from the humble Arcam AirDAC running coax out from Roon off an ipad. I listen to about 1% digital, and usually as background music. 

I have my eye on an Accuphase DAC or potentially the new offering from DCS. 

Quite simple - plugging hifi components into unswitched ppts is against the regulations.

(Therefore, the electrician wouldn't have installed unswitched ppts, even if I had asked him to.)

Andy

Yep, my sparky wouldn't install them for me.

@@Tasso

That is an unknown at present mate. For now it'll be the Accuphase DP77, streaming from the humble Arcam AirDAC running coax out from Roon off an ipad. I listen to about 1% digital, and usually as background music. 

I have my eye on an Accuphase DAC or potentially the new offering from DCS. 

Hi Alistairm

Superb room and system very envious! Are you looking at the new all in one Rossini ?? Be interested to hear your thoughts .... heard it with some Magico Q7 mk2 at the HK show and liked what I heard .I have always liked DCS when I have heard them and I am drawn to a Vivaldi stack .......thankfully Kalliope stopped me heading down that path....

I see you recently sold your DX I think I am heading the same way.......the user interface and lack of word clock input has me searching for alternatives.Do you have any experience with Aurender W20?