Netflix currently watching

6 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

I finished watching Ripley last night on Netflix and it was a very good adaptation of Highsmith's novel and I think the black and white cinematography was stunning and worked really well. Did anyone else notice the one tiny dab of colour in this series? I went back a couple of times to be sure I saw it and I'm curious as to why they thought they needed to highlight that particular scene.

Cheers,

Keith

Ogad!

i e not yet finished it but please don’t tell me to search for it?

Oh well could be worse things than to watch it again if I’ve missed it 😊

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, joz said:

Ogad!

i e not yet finished it but please don’t tell me to search for it?

Oh well could be worse things than to watch it again if I’ve missed it 😊

Hello, Joe, it’s not really going to be a spoiler and one other astute member here suggested it was probably a metaphor and I do agree with him. I can give you the episode and the minute in that episode if you’re interested?😉

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

On 11/4/2024 at 6:23 PM, cheekyboy said:

Hello, Joe, it’s not really going to be a spoiler and one other astute member here suggested it was probably a metaphor and I do agree with him. I can give you the episode and the minute in that episode if you’re interested?😉

Cheers,

Keith

ok I’m interested, just finished the series 😊👍

1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

LOL, I think you’ll be underwhelmed but it’s in E5 just beyond 56 mins😄

Cheers,

Keith

I saw it ............ 👍  but not finished the series ......got 2 eps to go ...........   me thinks  I know how things may unravel 🤔 .....not seen the movie, that will be next on my list after this series........ just to hear the Jazz you are all mentioning for starters........  🎶

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 2

Crooks

here’s an action packed caper for you!  * * * *

https://www.netflix.com/au/title/81438805

< A priceless coin puts rival gangs across Europe at odds, forcing a retired safecracker to team up with a two-bit gangster for one last heist. >

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/crooks-one-heist-two-crooks-three-cities

< Just a few minutes. That's all it takes to change everything for Charly (Frederick Lau). The former safecracker is forced into one last robbery, but things quickly start going sideways. Suddenly, his whole life hangs in the balance and he has to leave behind the life he's built to protect his family. In the safe, Charly finds a coin with an unusual significance, placing him in the crossfire between merciless gangs – a Berlin clan, a Serbian gang of burglars, a Vienna pimp, the Marseille mafia, and a mysterious master thief all have their reasons for chasing the coin. Together with driver Joseph (Christoph Krutzler), Charly has to keep ahead of the gangs on his tail.

The new Netflix series Crooks (working title Criminal) originated in a concept from creator and showrunner Marvin Kren, who also directed the series and wrote the screenplay together with co-creators Benjamin Hessler and Georg Lippert. Cüneyt Kaya also directed three episodes. Crooks was produced by Quirin Berg and Max Wiedemann, who worked with Marvin Krens on 4 Blocks. The new series, produced by W&B Television, stars Lau and Krutzler alongside a cast including Svenja Jung, Karl Welunschek, Georg Friedrich, Jonathan Tittel, Kida Khodr Ramadan, Erdal Yıldız, Nima Yaghobi (aka Nimo), Lukas Watzl, Maya Unger, Jan Georg Schütte, Robert Finster, Veysel Gelin, Branko Samarovski, Brigitte Kren, and Virginie Peignien.

About Crooks

Charly and his family live a quiet life in Berlin until his dark past catches up with him. Old associates threaten his family and force him to steal a valuable coin. Joseph, the driver for a Vienna gang, is there to take the loot safely to Austria. But the elaborate plan falls apart, culminating in a deadly shootout. Charly and Joseph find their fates inextricably tangled as they are forced to flee and get Charly's family to safety. In search of themselves and desperately trying to save what's important to them, the two crooks will have to hold their own against gangs from Berlin, Vienna, and Marseille. Their only hope for success is to trust in their friendship. It's the start of an adventurous and action-packed road trip across three countries. > 

regards Ian

Anyone watched Baby Reindeer yet?

I'm 4 episodes in and really liking it. Won't be for everyone and there is some confronting stuff in it, but I think it's been very well done from what I've seen so far

• Like 2

Yep, had a look at that last week and enjoyed the series @NoCoder......very confronting though and just when you think this couldn't get any worse for hapless Baby Reindeer, it does.:shocked:

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NoCoder said:

Anyone watched Baby Reindeer yet?

I'm 4 episodes in and really liking it. Won't be for everyone and there is some confronting stuff in it, but I think it's been very well done from what I've seen so far

Oooh yea!

4 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Yep, had a look at that last week and enjoyed the series @NoCoder......very confronting though and just when you think this couldn't get any worse for hapless Baby Reindeer, it does.:shocked:

Cheers,

Keith

It's a wonder how he hung in there, there writer must have been on the glass barby!

1 hour ago, Rocketfrogs said:

The Gentlemen.  Another great Guy Ritchie take on the underbelly of British crime...

image.png.123afdee185091b34934255da1152e1c.png

Yep another goodun!

• Like 1

Uma Thurman is a reason (for me) to watch anything. But this had other reasons to watch as well, other excellent casting, quirky plot and many humorous digs at the “art” world.